The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Old & New (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Rick Maue
View Profile
V.I.P.
Pittsburgh, PA
584 Posts

Profile of Rick Maue
Greetings,

I just wanted to follow-up on a topic from back in February. Since releasing The Road, we have received quite a few requests for some of our out-of-print material to be released as ebooks. So finally, here we go...

Early next week we will be releasing Digital Deception, an ebook that includes The Journey, Imagine, and also two previously unreleased items. When people first started asking us about digital releases, most folks said that they would be very happy if we put out Journey and Imagine for $25 each, but we have decided to put them together (along with the two unreleased pieces) and only charge $25 for everything.

So for those that have been waiting (don't blame me for the delay, blame my doctors Smile), you will be able to get your ebooks next week. We will let you know when everything is ready.

One final note... In regard to The Journey, Digital Deception will include the main routine, but not the bonus piece that was included in the original manuscript. As promised, that bonus routine will remain exclusive to the original 250 customers. As for Imagine, the original manuscript will be presented in its entirety.

Thanks very much, and take care everyone.

Keep the change,
Rick
Check out what is happening at Deceptions Unlimited

www.deceptionsunlimited.com
r1z08
View Profile
Inner circle
1157 Posts

Profile of r1z08
Wow! This is quite the bargain.

Rick,

It's good to hear that you're doing well enough to work.

-rob
Jon Hackett
View Profile
Special user
UK
737 Posts

Profile of Jon Hackett
How fantastic!

Well The Road was my first taste of Mr Maue's material, and by golly its good.

I have had it now, for at least a month and I'm still working through trying to steal everything I can from it, the routines just start you wizzing and whirling into a thousand directions. I don't remember the name of the routine as I sit here typing, but it is the one where you ask everyone to name something in their living room (basically) and then call their freind, and an absolutely mind blowing revelation occurs. WELL... combine this effect, with Jon Thompsons Naked Mentalism ideas, and you have an impromptu (almost) show stopper that is so entertaining that the method is irrelevant.

I cannot wait.

Jon Hackett
It is not the brains that matter most, but that which guides them -- the character, the heart, generous qualities and progressive ideas. Doystoyevsky
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
This sounds GOOD!

Ray
gmeister
View Profile
Inner circle
1579 Posts

Profile of gmeister
I think it sounds GREAT!

gary
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Is it Early Next Week YET?

I have my money in my hand and am waiting to spend it! LOL

Ray
jcroop
View Profile
Special user
748 Posts

Profile of jcroop
This is a great price for some wonderful effects.

Is there a way for those of us who already have THe Journey and Image to get the two "previously unreleased items"?

Jim
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Anything this man puts out is worth tracking down. He just doesn't think like the rest of us. Somehow he can put together magician and mentalist foolers that end up having the simplest of methods behind them. That's what makes them foolers. You keep thinking that he must be using some sort of electronic gizmo and sending signals to a satellite, but no. He uses methods that are so simple that your brain will fry when you learn what he's doing.

GET HIS STUFF!!!

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2048 Posts

Profile of aligator
I have the Road and am thrilled with its contents. There are at least 4 effects that I will use and ideas and methods that can further improve other things that I do. I also have Mixed Emotions and intend to be using it also. As a result of my satisfaction with these, I have ordered and await the Final Picture and Fate. I have always avoided Imagine because it is supposed to be a difficult effect to do well but packaged so attractively, I am tempted. Would like to hear some comments on Imagine from those who have it and have used as to the level of difficulty as well as the level of reward, that is how it plays to your audience.
cfrye
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon, USA
940 Posts

Profile of cfrye
I performed Imagine at Rick's lecture in Vegas before MINDvention in 2008 (I think that was the year). Provided you pick a suitable on-stage participant and set the stage properly, the rourtine's as strong as your presentation skills.

Curt
Rick Maue
View Profile
V.I.P.
Pittsburgh, PA
584 Posts

Profile of Rick Maue
Greetings,

Just a quick update...I will be doing a bit of tweaking on the manuscript later today, then final proofing and getting everything on the website, and then we will be ready.

Gotta run...unless someone knows how to add more hours (or, should I say, productive hours?) to the day. As I have said far too many times, life certainly gets in the way of living.

Keep the change,
Rick

rbattle
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of rbattle
Be kind to us doctors

Robert
Rick Maue
View Profile
V.I.P.
Pittsburgh, PA
584 Posts

Profile of Rick Maue
Quote:
On 2010-05-03 18:47, rbattle wrote:
Be kind to us doctors

Robert

You know, if you doctors wouldn't take up so much of my time, my projects would get finished a lot quicker. Smile

But with that said, after two more long days with medical folk (and believe me, they were longer days than expected), I am finally done with doctors for this week. The ebook is being proofed and we should have it ready, and on our website, in a day or two.

And, we are actually contemplating some other digital releases in the near future (in fact, one or two of them may surprise a few people), so we will keep you posted.

Thanks again, and take care everyone.

Keep the change,
Rick

aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2048 Posts

Profile of aligator
And, we are actually contemplating some other digital releases in the near future (in fact, one or two of them may surprise a few people), so we will keep you posted.

This is interesting!

New material - Occams Magic?

Old material - Book of Hanuted Magick?

Can't wait to find out.
praetoritevong
View Profile
Regular user
Sydney, Australia
139 Posts

Profile of praetoritevong
Can't wait, Rick. It's only recently that I've had the chance to properly check out some of your work myself, and I am speechless. I wanted to perform everything I read... Just remarkable.
Rick Maue
View Profile
V.I.P.
Pittsburgh, PA
584 Posts

Profile of Rick Maue
Thanks for the nice words you guys.

In regard to the release of Digital Deception, the ebook is basically ready, but we have been having a terrible time with our internet/email, so we can't update the website or send out emails. (It would indiscreet to say who the company is that is causing all of the problems, so let's just say that I finally figured out what FiOS stands for, and I'll let you guess the first word...)

At the current time, I have to venture elsewhere to jump online...but as soon as they get everything fixed (again), we will begin taking orders.

Thanks for being patient.

Keep the change,
Rick

Dr. Van Van Mojo
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of Dr. Van Van Mojo
Rick,

Really looking forward to this. Any more news on a release date? Also, can you give us any updates on the Terasabos DVD, hardbound Book of Haunted Magick, and Occam's Magic?

Thanks,
George
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2048 Posts

Profile of aligator
Would like to hear about Occam's Magic also.
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
I'm waiting for this.

Regards,
Mike
Rick Maue
View Profile
V.I.P.
Pittsburgh, PA
584 Posts

Profile of Rick Maue
Greetings,

Thanks for the interest folks. Sorry to say that Verizon is still causing us headaches...we can't upload to our website, email is more than a bit erratic, and just getting online is a real gamble. (They are still having problems with the port at their facility. Although, they claim that they are making their final adjustments and then everything should be fine.)

With that said, our next ebook (Digital Deception) is ready to go, but we just want to be sure that we can service our customers properly, so we won't release it until we know that the online problems are corrected.

The hardbound HauntedMagick is now slated for November/December. The release date will coincide with the tenth anniversary of the original publication.

The Terasabos DVD is still being worked on, and that will also be out this year.

Occam's Magic is another story...it is basically done, but I haven't yet decided what to do with it. Right now, I am leaning toward a small run of about 500 copies in a signed/numbered limited edition. And once it is gone...it is gone. (My real choice is to not release it at all, but friends are twisting my arm. So the limited run is a possible compromise.)

So that you know, we also have two other projects that are just about finished. The first is an ebook that completely dissects the Group Dynamic piece (from The Road). It has some great variations and added subtleties...and it includes the version that I currently do. (I admit that I am very pleased with this particular project because I really enjoy taking performance pieces apart, seeing exactly what makes them tick, and then putting them back together again in different forms.)

And the second project that is nearly ready is another ebook, Mentalism with Playing Cards. (More on that in a couple weeks.)

I hope that answers your questions. If I can help with anything else, just yell (and if I don't respond quickly, blame Verizon). Thanks again for your interest, and take care everyone.

Keep the change,
Rick

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Old & New (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL