The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Bad to the Balloon Put to the test (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
MagicB1S
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville Tenn.
1039 Posts

Profile of MagicB1S
A Few weeks ago I purchased Bad to the Balloon Vol 1 from Mark, Today I had a magic show to follow with Balloons for 39 Kids age 4-10yr olds, I put Bad to the Balloon to the test, The Mother of the Birthday child was in Love with the Balloon Hats That I made. At the end of the Party I was given a $50.00 Tip. Generaly I get $20.00 maybe $25.00 tips however in the 25 or so years I have been performing Magic I can not remember a $50.00 tip.
With That said The Tip I recieved Alone was double what I paid for The DVD
Thank You Mark for putting out such a Great Product
And I want to thank the Balloon Twisters on the Café for talking me into purchasing this dvd from Mark
Bob
"There are Tricks To All Trades.... My Trade is all Tricks"

"An amature practices until he gets it right. A Professional Practices until he can't get it wrong"

www.Themagicchest.webs.com
bobswislosky@yahoo.com
Bad to the Balloon
View Profile
Inner circle
Clearwater Florida
2116 Posts

Profile of Bad to the Balloon
Your welcome Bob .... I accept tips too. I even have an online tip button!!!

http://web.mac.com/markballoonguy/Balloo......ces.html
Mark Byrne
AKA Mark the Balloon Guy
As seen on the TODAY SHOW
www.balloonguy.net
Creator of Bad to the Balloon DVD series
Go to my store: http://tinyurl.com/Bad2theBalloon
KeirRoyale
View Profile
Special user
Denver, CO
550 Posts

Profile of KeirRoyale
I agree Bob, Mark has some great stuff out there!
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1854 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
Quote:
On 2010-05-01 20:27, MagicB1S wrote:
A Few weeks ago I purchased Bad to the Balloon Vol 1 from Mark, Today I had a magic show to follow with Balloons for 39 Kids age 4-10yr olds, I put Bad to the Balloon to the test, The Mother of the Birthday child was in Love with the Balloon Hats That I made. At the end of the Party I was given a $50.00 Tip. Generaly I get $20.00 maybe $25.00 tips however in the 25 or so years I have been performing Magic I can not remember a $50.00 tip.
With That said The Tip I recieved Alone was double what I paid for The DVD
Thank You Mark for putting out such a Great Product
And I want to thank the Balloon Twisters on the Café for talking me into purchasing this dvd from Mark
Bob


39 kids WOW! Now that a lot of sculptures to make!

Marks stuff is great for that type of thing. When you have 39 kids and an hour to make it happen you can't spend 5 minutes on each kid. Granted we all wanna make the cool complicated stuff but when you have 39 kids you just don't have time to do it. Marks stuff looks good and are really fast.
MagicB1S
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville Tenn.
1039 Posts

Profile of MagicB1S
Kevinr I had two hours to do the balloons however yes it was a lot of twisting. when I first got involved with twisting I wanted to put what I was doing to the test and do some advertising so I went to a local event and twisted some balloons, I twisted for almost 4 hours the kids just kept on coming, I was running out of balloons and at the end of the day I estimate that I twisted for almost 200 kids my hands were so sore the next day. I have not done an event that big since that day, When this person called originaly they told me about 50 kids, I was having flashbacks to about a year ago and the line of kids that just wouldnt go away.
"There are Tricks To All Trades.... My Trade is all Tricks"

"An amature practices until he gets it right. A Professional Practices until he can't get it wrong"

www.Themagicchest.webs.com
bobswislosky@yahoo.com
Perry D Winkle
View Profile
Regular user
173 Posts

Profile of Perry D Winkle
I also use several of Marks balloons. Today I had a birthday party and 4 girls all wanted flamingo hats. 'Are you sure?' I asked, 'I could make you a princess hat, I could make you a frog on a lily pad hat.' Nope, they all wanted flamingo hats. Recently I did an publicity event where I just twisted for gratuity and handed out flyers. Nevertheless, I still made $20 - $25 an hour in gratuity and I used several of Mark's hats.

There are only two hats that I make by other artists that compare with Mark's work. That is an alien hat that rides your shoulders, Kevin Stillman originated this I think? And a monkey that rides your shoulders by Don Caldwell.
Graham Lee
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of Graham Lee
The alien hat was Ken Stillman
Bad to the Balloon
View Profile
Inner circle
Clearwater Florida
2116 Posts

Profile of Bad to the Balloon
Quote:
On 2010-05-22 19:50, Perry D Winkle wrote:
I also use several of Marks balloons. Today I had a birthday party and 4 girls all wanted flamingo hats. 'Are you sure?' I asked, 'I could make you a princess hat, I could make you a frog on a lily pad hat.' Nope, they all wanted flamingo hats. Recently I did an publicity event where I just twisted for gratuity and handed out flyers. Nevertheless, I still made $20 - $25 an hour in gratuity and I used several of Mark's hats.

There are only two hats that I make by other artists that compare with Mark's work. That is an alien hat that rides your shoulders, Kevin Stillman originated this I think? And a monkey that rides your shoulders by Don Caldwell.


Thank you!!!
Mark Byrne
AKA Mark the Balloon Guy
As seen on the TODAY SHOW
www.balloonguy.net
Creator of Bad to the Balloon DVD series
Go to my store: http://tinyurl.com/Bad2theBalloon
montymagi
View Profile
Special user
Slidell La
752 Posts

Profile of montymagi
I am still waiting for Bad to the Balloon 3! Come on, what is it going to take for you to do one more?
Bad to the Balloon
View Profile
Inner circle
Clearwater Florida
2116 Posts

Profile of Bad to the Balloon
1,000 pre orders would be great!!!
Mark Byrne
AKA Mark the Balloon Guy
As seen on the TODAY SHOW
www.balloonguy.net
Creator of Bad to the Balloon DVD series
Go to my store: http://tinyurl.com/Bad2theBalloon
coma185
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of coma185
+1 Pre-order here, Mark and this time I will buy from you directly, when I bought 1&2 I bought from my balloon supplier as I didn't know you sold it directly. I wasn't on the forum long enough and hadn't read your posts about buying from you.
iwillfoolu
View Profile
Special user
Upstate NY, USA
746 Posts

Profile of iwillfoolu
#2 pre order here! Where's the signup?
Magician and Balloon Twister
New York Magicians
Magician New York
Bad to the Balloon
View Profile
Inner circle
Clearwater Florida
2116 Posts

Profile of Bad to the Balloon
Quote:
On 2010-06-09 19:42, iwillfoolu wrote:
#2 pre order here! Where's the signup?


#2 is available NOW

#3 is one that needs pre-orders
Mark Byrne
AKA Mark the Balloon Guy
As seen on the TODAY SHOW
www.balloonguy.net
Creator of Bad to the Balloon DVD series
Go to my store: http://tinyurl.com/Bad2theBalloon
montymagi
View Profile
Special user
Slidell La
752 Posts

Profile of montymagi
#3 pre order here
MagicB1S
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville Tenn.
1039 Posts

Profile of MagicB1S
Count me in.....
"There are Tricks To All Trades.... My Trade is all Tricks"

"An amature practices until he gets it right. A Professional Practices until he can't get it wrong"

www.Themagicchest.webs.com
bobswislosky@yahoo.com
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1854 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
Hey Mark put the Motorcycle hat you showed us on #3 I think that was really good.

Any chance you doing and big 10 balloon creations as a special on it?
Bad to the Balloon
View Profile
Inner circle
Clearwater Florida
2116 Posts

Profile of Bad to the Balloon
Quote:
On 2010-06-12 00:14, Kevinr wrote:
Hey Mark put the Motorcycle hat you showed us on #3 I think that was really good.

Any chance you doing and big 10 balloon creations as a special on it?


Huh?? my first DVD had 12 and #2 had 13 .... what do you mean?
Mark Byrne
AKA Mark the Balloon Guy
As seen on the TODAY SHOW
www.balloonguy.net
Creator of Bad to the Balloon DVD series
Go to my store: http://tinyurl.com/Bad2theBalloon
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1854 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
When you were in Denver you made this quick motorcycle hat. Not on any of your videos. That was a cool one. You should stick that on the new video number 3.


Also I was wondering if you are going to put any of your larger "show stopper" designs on video # 3?
Robert//Livingston
View Profile
New user
Still learning after
97 Posts

Profile of Robert//Livingston
So Mark,

Hopefully this doesn't veer too off topic, but I recently bought 'Balloon School' and pretty much have all that stuff down. Would you recommend your 'Bad the the Balloon' DVD for a skill level such as mine?

Also, is there a difference if I buy from PenguinMagic or you directly?
"Being challenged in life is inevitable, being defeated is optional."

"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, and the lesson after" - Vernon Sanders Law
Bad to the Balloon
View Profile
Inner circle
Clearwater Florida
2116 Posts

Profile of Bad to the Balloon
Quote:
On 2010-06-13 23:58, Robert//Livingston wrote:
So Mark,

Hopefully this doesn't veer too off topic, but I recently bought 'Balloon School' and pretty much have all that stuff down. Would you recommend your 'Bad the the Balloon' DVD for a skill level such as mine?

Also, is there a difference if I buy from PenguinMagic or you directly?



BAD TO THE BALLOON was originally intended for anyone able to make a teddy bear or better. (ear twists, recognizing proportions)

However it has gotten quite a rep as a fast trackway of learning balloons and doing balloons that impress people.

Buying from me directly is ways more profitable for me ... thank you for asking.

I have a special on another thread:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......m=181&11
Mark Byrne
AKA Mark the Balloon Guy
As seen on the TODAY SHOW
www.balloonguy.net
Creator of Bad to the Balloon DVD series
Go to my store: http://tinyurl.com/Bad2theBalloon
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Bad to the Balloon Put to the test (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL