The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Halloween Convention Wrap-Up/2011 Preview (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

handa
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, PA
1348 Posts

Profile of handa
Thank you to all who participated and sponsored the evnet! Many are Café members and magic friends, as you will see below.

Some highlights:

EvilDan won Professor Scrye's Prize, which was sponsored by Outlaw Effects and spookymagic.com (me). In addition to a boatload of parting gifts, including Tony Gangi's book, he won a Witch's Almanac, my two sets of lecture notes, and $50 to spend on the tradeshow floor.

11 Year-Old Serena Morton won the Best Halloween Theme, sponsored by Doug Higley. In addition to all of ther cash and loot, she got the Higley Shrunken Head. This sounds like a strange awarding, but she comes from a family of ren faire and haunted house performers. She dressed as a creepy child and read Jabberwocky in dramatic fashion.

"Jenna and the Rottenettes" took Most Entertaining Overall (included prizes from blacklightfright.com/Dr. Mythsonian) and People's Choice (included a cool Frankenstein Monster tattoo mount from skin-collector.com). They dressed as zombies and sang a great rendition of "Don't Stop Brain Eating" which is an original parody of a certain Journey song associated with some hockey team in Michigan.

Wacky Dracky, Red Stuart, Ryan Dutcher, Tony Gangi, Insane Sam (HGT Competitor) all represented the magic and side show on the main stage. I MC-ed the weekend. My set was cut (my choice) due to a lot of programming shifts on Sunday. Rounding out the variety entertainers side of things were the Creatures East (storytelling) and Cheryl from the Weapons of War Show. I think that is everybody...it is actually hard to track even when you were the one doing the scheduling!

Midway exhibits include the debut of the new Dr. Mythsonian's Museum of Monsterous Oddities, Professor Ouch's Great American Midway Side Show, and Rich Hanf's Weapons of War Show from the NY Renaissance Faire.

2011 promises to be a great year. The overall theme will be a steampunk theme. The dark entertainment theme will be SEANCE. At this point, we are working with DOCC Hilford and RICK MAUE to have them as a major part of the Entertainment side of things. We are also hoping to add JAMES TAYLOR of SHOCKED AND AMAZED to the mix next year. We are excited to be able to offer this to fans of Halloween, our own breed of entertainers, and other guests of the convention. More to come as we begin to finalize plans.

Chris
StrangeMagick
View Profile
Special user
619 Posts

Profile of StrangeMagick
SEANCE ... SEANCE did you say. I think I need to put this on my calendar.

Congrat's to EvilDan. I was gonna grab a copy of Tony Gangi's book for him from Tony himself, but no need now.

Dave Birtwell
Robin DeWitt
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of Robin DeWitt
Likewis, mucho kudos to EvilDan, too. It couldn't have happened to a nicer guy......Well, me....but other than that it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.
I am the fakir, you....
<BR>Robin DeWitt
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Halloween Convention Wrap-Up/2011 Preview (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL