The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Snow Animator in Theatres (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
w_s_anderson
View Profile
Inner circle
The United States
1226 Posts

Profile of w_s_anderson
If you heard something then the magician made a grave error in his performance. I have performed that illusion at a convention with magicians and laypeople 10 feet away and nothing was heard. Please keep in mind this is a public forum and that post contains a form of exposure. I am sure Mr. James would not be thrilled to see it.
Aaron Smith Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1447 Posts

Profile of Aaron Smith Magic
Quote:
On 2010-12-16 17:25, illusions & reality wrote:
Hi Kent,

You will never be sorry that you cleaned up after yourself! I have been thanked again & again for taking care of things like that. Because it is all too rare, it stands out even more.

Lou

This is definitely true.. You should always clean up after yourself, it is just the right thing to do.
sabretooth
View Profile
New user
Santa Cruz, CA
24 Posts

Profile of sabretooth
I was booked for a Christmas party at a country club. The agent had not seen the act. The club owner asked me if I was going to clean it up. (the "snow") I said I would. He said, "Don't worry about it, just don't ever do that trick here again!" (The show was in a side room and the kids had tracked it out into the parking lot.) The agent never returned another call. It was the first and last time I worked for him. I never saw the inside of that country club again.

I always mention it up front, now. Pain doesn't have to be your only teacher. You can learn from my mistake.

Aho!
sabretooth
View Profile
New user
Santa Cruz, CA
24 Posts

Profile of sabretooth
......also on the topic of vacuum cleaners: I found a mini Shop Vac that fits in a backpack, so you're only dragging the cord behind you. I haven't tried it yet, but I also have a Rainbow vacuum. They do not use a bag at all. It has a water tank on the bottom. You just dump the dirty water, and refill it.

It may be a better solution as the bag can't get clogged with confetti and burn up the motor. Rainbow was never sold anywhere except door to door, but now you can find a local repair shop and get one used for cheap. (They were $1,200.00 new 30 years ago.)

I've also been experimenting with making dissolvable confetti from air cannon products. I'll let you know how that goes.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Snow Animator in Theatres (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL