The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Postcards from the road - replacement tubes? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sb
View Profile
Special user
567 Posts

Profile of sb
I now I saw this posted on the Café' in the past, but am having difficulties with the search function.

So... Does anyone have a source for getting the plastic sleeves for postcards from the road? (I believe someone had posted that he/she got them from somewhere like UPS or another shipping company)

thanks in advance!

-scott
Frank Simpson
View Profile
Special user
SW Montana
880 Posts

Profile of Frank Simpson
I don't know the particulars of what you need, but you might try ULINE. They have an extensive variety of such things.
tristanmagic
View Profile
Special user
530 Posts

Profile of tristanmagic
Whoever created 'Postcard from the road' totally missed what the methode is all about! the tube should never leave the eyes of the audience! Take a look at Matt Marcy who performs the classic envelop prediction and see how this effect should look like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8AP8ZwU_gg
sb
View Profile
Special user
567 Posts

Profile of sb
Very simple, very direct. Yes it looks good.

on a side note, we were brainstorming what we should predict about 3 years ago and one of my team said I should do a mad lib. I ended up not doing it, but now I wish I did Smile

-scott

ps. someone out there knows exactly where to get the plastic sleeves for this... There is a post somewhere here in Café' land that has a url for them. Someone had bought a bunch and was never going to be able to use them all. I had the page saved before my computer crash. And I can't find it in the Café search either Smile
So, whoever you were/are - please chime in. (even though I really like the envelope idea - is the envelope switch public domain? I am sending a message to Matt Marcy now.

thanks again.
tristanmagic
View Profile
Special user
530 Posts

Profile of tristanmagic
It is not a envelope switch, the envelope stays in view the entire time! ;-)
The methode is a classic, the routine however belongs to Matt Marcy!
You can find the clear plastic sleeves here: http://www.bigshowfx.com/refill%20sleeves.html
sb
View Profile
Special user
567 Posts

Profile of sb
That's what I was looking for! Thank you trisanmagic.
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
So....there's no video for "Postcards from the road"?
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
w_s_anderson
View Profile
Inner circle
The United States
1221 Posts

Profile of w_s_anderson
The effect is nearly the same as Matt Marcy's effect. The difference is that in postcards from the road you can use a more deceptive chair and the prediction is in a tube and not an envelope. I use to perform this before I switched to a different prediction system. I think the method Marcy uses is much better, practical, and deceptive than postcards....however they are both crowd pleasers to laypeople.
videokideo
View Profile
Special user
895 Posts

Profile of videokideo
WOW...had never seen this video. That is exactly what I'm doing in my prediction and how I went from using the postcards road tube to an envelope. Thanks for the video.
knightmagic98
View Profile
Regular user
Frisco, TX
141 Posts

Profile of knightmagic98
I have a postcards From the Road that I used for one show. I might be willing to sell if someone is interested. email - info@knightillusions.com
sb
View Profile
Special user
567 Posts

Profile of sb
If you are interested in getting an easy to do, not too expensive prediction effect - that can be endlessly customized... check out the one knightmagtic98 has for sale.

This is an easy to incorporate prediction effect.

-sb
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Postcards from the road - replacement tubes? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL