The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Tricks & Effects Ľ Ľ JOL's Plus Wallet (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
mh1001
View Profile
Special user
602 Posts

Profile of mh1001
Old thread I know, but I need to know something. When you perform the CTW effect, I usually see the performer himself opens the zipper compartment and hand out the envelope. Can you not simply put the wallet into spectator's hand and ask him to open the zipper compartment and what's inside ?
mindmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1431 Posts

Profile of mindmagic
Not with the JOL Plus.

Barry
mh1001
View Profile
Special user
602 Posts

Profile of mh1001
Quote:
On Aug 11, 2016, mindmagic wrote:
Not with the JOL Plus.

Barry

Thanks for the answer. By the way, I have forgotten to mention. I was talking about the CTW with palming. You answer also apply to palm-CTW, I guess ?
mindmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1431 Posts

Profile of mindmagic
Yes, it does. In fact I wouldn't let anyone else open my JOL Plus under any circumstances!
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1730 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
Small Plus Wallet Ė JOL

Product description : Well, this is an old one, it was actually my first video review in French, back in December 2011 ! I decided to write this review in English so you could enjoy it and itís been 5 years I got it so I think my experience is quite interesting with it. This wallet can do several things, such as a palm and no palm card to wallet (as well as a card or any object to envelope) and a peek (thanks to the SUC feature). It doesnít do 10000 things like other wallets but it will allow you to do the 2 features I mentioned earlier very well. This is considered as one of the best magic wallet out there, is there a specific reason why ? Letís find out !

Price and where to buy it : This is sold at $141.25 and you can find it in nearly every Murphy's magic ę partner Ľ shop !

What you get : The box you get with it is very cool, it is very sturdy and there is a sticker on it. Overall this packaging looks and feels nice. Inside, you will find a DVD, with Dave Bonsallís lecture on it which is very good. But weíre not talking about that, you get various instructions on how to use the wallet, and the various object you can load it in. It is very well taught and you learn everything you need to know. Not a fancy, high edited DVD but a straight forward, to the point one. In the box, you also get several Bonsalope, so you can do the routine of any object to envelope, it is very kind of Dave to provide you with some. And finally, the wallet ! I bought the new version, the leather is nearly the same as the old one, itís one of the best leather Iíve seen in magic wallet. Itís well built and should last a very very long time. Overall, you donít feel cheated when you receive it, itís an amazing piece of equipment.

Teaser : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWNpoVKA78s

The pros and the cons : Here is the core of my review, let's begin with the cons, as I will usually be doing, I prefer to keep the good things for the end.

THE CONS :
Ė Err.. Itís actually very hard to find one ! Maybe the price but itís not even expensive when you compare it to other wallets.

THE PROS :
Ė Itís one of the most amazing wallet I saw, and Iíve seen a lot ! This feels like it has been specially built for professionals who want a high quality wallet with amazing features.
Ė The leather is one of the best Iíve seen, soft, it fits my style perfectly.
Ė You may think there is not a lot of ďfeaturesĒ on it but trust me, you donít need more. Usually, if you have a multi functions wallet, you donít use all of them. The Small Plus only has 2 features but you will be using them a lot.
Ė Itís a wallet you can use on a daily basis, because all of your papers, id cards and money can be put inside without making it too big.
Ė The little pocket at the back can hold up a few coins, donít expect to be able to put dozens inside but if you want to carry one or two gimmicked coins, itís possible !
Ė They provided you with bonsalope which is a really nice attention, but if you donít like the fact that you have to use one envelope per performance, you can buy the ID case which will act the same !
Ė Of course, you donít have to use cards, the coin or ring to envelope is a big finish to your ring routine and itís easier to load than a card.
Ė I do believe the zipper reinforces the effect of the card trapped inside, itís great little subtlety which will elevate your routine to new heighs.

Overall rating : This is a worker wallet, I know a lot of professional who have it and wouldnít let it at home ! Itís not the one I use daily but I will keep one for me because I know it will come handy when I will be performing, 4/4 hearts.

As for the difficulty level, a palm is needed if you want to do the card to envelope/wallet, but apart from that, nothing really, I would say 2/5 stars.

Similar products : There are millions of wallets out there, the one I use daily is The Phantom Wallet by Sylvain Vip and Maxime Schucht.

If you liked this review, make sure to check all my other ones on my website ! Link in the signature.
Get yourself the Flap Cards guide : http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4435

Make sure to check my review website, new reviews coming every week ! http://lesavisdalexis.wix.com/reviews
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Is the number you're thinking of...
1498 Posts

Profile of elimagic
Hey all. If anyone of you bought a jol plus SMALL and found it to be too small and would like to trade for a new large version, let me know.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Tricks & Effects Ľ Ľ JOL's Plus Wallet (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL