The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Criss Angel Magic Set. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Voldemort
View Profile
Special user
Florida
562 Posts

Profile of Voldemort
That's a great thread Dan and I'm glad its still here. What surprised me most reading through that thread was the number of ringers that showed up just to post about that one thing. (Saying that the kit and Angel were the greatest and above reproach of course). Those kind of people carry no weight with me and I largely disregard what they post. However the one that really got me was the dude that said that it wasn't Angel's fault that nothing was credited properly in the kit. Because they apparently couldn't figure out who had originally invented or performed any of the effects. What a line of BS huh. I can't believe that Angel did not credit anyone for those effects and instead tries to lead people into believing that they are all his. That's being a piece of scum as far as I'm concerned. Angel knows full well who invented those effects and his reason for not including that information was because he WANTS people to believe that the effects are his. What an egotistical little weasel.
"Flight from death"
Buy the WILD AT HEART e-book to help Rachael Columbini here: http://www.lybrary.com/wild-heart-p-76110.html
Magic38
View Profile
New user
Bill Davis
39 Posts

Profile of Magic38
Ok I was just asking about the kit I am not concerned with
how criss angel uses stooges or any other negative comments.
I was just asking about the magic set .

I didn't mean to start a war
WWW. WizardsMagicChest.com
Quality Magic Tricks At an Affordable Price
Voldemort
View Profile
Special user
Florida
562 Posts

Profile of Voldemort
Well hopefully you got your answer in the other thread that Dan was nice enough to post a link to.

And now.... Back to the war!!
"Flight from death"
Buy the WILD AT HEART e-book to help Rachael Columbini here: http://www.lybrary.com/wild-heart-p-76110.html
Voldemort
View Profile
Special user
Florida
562 Posts

Profile of Voldemort
Oh... And just as an aside, Next time the search engine may serve you better.
"Flight from death"
Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
1786 Posts

Profile of Rennie
I have to totally agree with everything that Voldemort has said about the "Holier than Though" Criss Angel.
I especially like his description of him "What an egotistical little weasel."
Rennie
P.S. You can keep the war going, it is very interesting.
The effect is the important thing, how you achieve it is not.......
rklew64
View Profile
Inner circle
1263 Posts

Profile of rklew64
Poor Magic38, I so knew this was going to happen, the very little off on a tangent about CA.
Just sit back and enjoy the witty vapid banter or ignore it altogether since it no longer helps you.
I say buy your magic piece by piece.
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
If you love Criss Angel, and must have anything or everything with his picture on it regardless of what it is, then buy the kit. If you want to know if there is anything actually special about the kit other than his face plastered on it, no, there isn't. It's your typical magic kit, overpriced, and overhyped. You pay for the nice box with Criss Angel's face on it, and as an added bonus it comes with the same tricks and props you find in other magic kits.
"If you're going to walk in the rain, don't complain about getting wet!"
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
Quote:
On 2010-05-09 08:56, johncesta wrote:
Does it come with editing and camera cutaway tips? Cause that's important in preserving the art of magic using the Criss Angel method

J

THIS!

I'm in for-sure!!! Smile
mindguru
View Profile
Veteran user
319 Posts

Profile of mindguru
I personally was a big fan of Criss Angel until I found out about the stooges and heavy editing. Despite all that he knows how to get the publics attention tha's why he has his own tv series. I think the magic set is a different matter, if it's good for a beginner and well made, then there's no reason it shouldn't be purchased.
rklew64
View Profile
Inner circle
1263 Posts

Profile of rklew64
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1361 Posts

Profile of M Sini
Quote:
On 2010-05-11 10:59, rklew64 wrote:
http://www.havasunews.com/articles/2010/......8948.txt

Interesting read. Especially the posters comments.
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
Quote:
On 2010-05-09 01:45, Magic38 wrote:
Hello:

I was wondering if anyone had ordered the Criss Angel magic set
and if they have what they think of the ultimte mindfreak magic set.

I ordered this magic set and was quite pleased.
I thought that Johnny Thompson did a great job helping Criss explain and teach some how to perform with some of the props in the magic set.
Although some dvds did not feature Criss teaching the tricks it was still good quality. I believe it would have been better if Criss had been teaching on a few of the dvds as it was only a magician and he never spoke and you never see his face.
other than taht the props were well made and the book was well illustrated and did a good job teaching the magic lessons to beginners.
As a magician and teacher of magic I believe this set was well put togother and you can tell that actual magicians created this set and it was not just some toy company selling plastic junk with hard to learn instructions.
I have seen many sets over the years that were cheap junk , so its nice to see someone who takes pride in a magic set they sell.
I do think however taht 69.95 is a bit steep even for a magic kit.
Its not that I do not think its a good magic set.
But I believe that it should be in the price range for every family for their children to learn magic.
So if the 29.95 magic set he sells is as good as the 69.95 version then Criss has done a great job of preserving the art of magic thru the next generation of master magicians

Here's a question. If you already bought the magic kit, why are you looking for reviews and opinions from others who might of bought it? You have it right there in your hands. If you like it, then that's all that should matter to you, right? When you ask for reviews, especially about something associated with CA, you have to expect that a can of worms is going to be opened.

Anytime someone brings up Criss Angel the reactions are always the same negative responses. Most people have no respect for what he does, and choose not to support him in any way. You can't blame them them for that. Nor should it be a surprise.
Voldemort
View Profile
Special user
Florida
562 Posts

Profile of Voldemort
I personally feel kind of sorry for anyone who does buy the thing. No history of the effects is given, No credits. Just some guy named Johnny teaching the effects, (Because of course Angel probably doesn't know how to work half of them) and in the end that's all he will be, Some guy on a DVD that taught Chris Angel's effects. I'm sort of surprised that Johnny went in for it. Especially after seeing that no credit was being given and Angel was trying to make it look like everything was his.

In the end, What is the person with no magical knowledge getting when they buy this kit? Well they are getting a few things to play with and the information that apparently Chris Angel is all the history they need. If they would have even pointed people in the right direction and given them a few references to look up or some recommendations of where to learn more or some history, I would have been at least a little approving of this thing as it may get someone started down the correct path. But I guess Angel feels that all paths should start, and end with himself.
"Flight from death"
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Is this Johnny fellow a magician? Is he known to magicians?
Magic is a vanishing art.
Voldemort
View Profile
Special user
Florida
562 Posts

Profile of Voldemort
Johnny Thompson
"Flight from death"
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Wow Johnny Thompson! Surely he would know the history of these effects, no?
Magic is a vanishing art.
Voldemort
View Profile
Special user
Florida
562 Posts

Profile of Voldemort
Well, that's why I was saying that I can't believe that he was involved with the thing. But perhaps he didn't see the finished product. I screwed up in my previous post. A guy named Eddie TEACHES the effects. Thompson just shows up along side Angel during the intros and such.
"Flight from death"
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
I seen the interview with Johnny Thompson on Reelmagic, and it was apparent that he was against the over use of camera editing, stooges, and special effects, and even made a non direct references to CA. I'm surprised that Johnny Thompson still works for CA. I guess he does have a price when it comes to throwing ethics out the window for the almight dollar.
JimW
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of JimW
Quote:
On 2010-05-12 11:08, Voldemort wrote:
I personally feel kind of sorry for anyone who does buy the thing. No history of the effects is given, No credits. Just some guy named Johnny teaching the effects, (Because of course Angel probably doesn't know how to work half of them) and in the end that's all he will be, Some guy on a DVD that taught Chris Angel's effects.

If you are talking about Johnny Thompson then you really should educate yourself. He is MUCH more than "Some guy on a DVD that taught Chris Angel's effects".
Voldemort
View Profile
Special user
Florida
562 Posts

Profile of Voldemort
Wow Jimw... You should really educate YOURSELF and learn how to read.

I was speaking about how sad it is that some who buy the Cris Angel magic kit would only see Johnny from that perspective. Because no history is given and they really wouldn't know who he is.

I KNOW who Johnny Thompson is dummy. Read the WHOLE post AND the thread next time....
"Flight from death"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Criss Angel Magic Set. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL