The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Seeing is believing » » Head Shrinker ? I can't see it. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3078 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
For any one late to this discussion it might seem confusing.

We started off discussing the Growing/Shrinking head illusion. We talked about where to buy one and how to present it.

At one point we started discussing "Seeing Eye Images". We talked about the difficulty of seeing the image if you have bad vision and the difference between seeing the images cross-eyed vs wall-eyed.

These are two totally different illusions. The Growing head illusion is a spiral that you spin with a motor. The Seeing Eye images are posters that you have to stare at in a special way to see the 3D image.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21978 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I have difficulty seeing and experiencing the Growing and Shrinking Head illusion, because I have vision astigmatism.

Those that are color blind and/or astigmatism have difficultly seeing the posters Eye Images.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3078 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
Wmhhegbli,

What makes you so usre it is your astigmatism?
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1443 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
I,ve also discovered if the electric drill or screwdriver you're using is going too fast the effect is greatly weakened.
slider_777
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of slider_777
Im also looking for the same effect
bigcheese
View Profile
New user
Sacramento, CA
56 Posts

Profile of bigcheese
I have never been able to see the Magic Eye images but am pleased to report that, thanks to the wonders of YouTube, Kalver's head shrinking illusion actually works for me.
Ricardini24
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Ricardini24
Hahahaha. That is awesome. Honestly never seen that before. I have always been able to see the magic eye images and the one with Jesus etc, but I have never seen it applied like that before.

Fantastic.

Richie.
Torque75
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Torque75
I have the head shrinker and thought it would be better for a large crowd if I made a bigger one. I made a 4 foot circle with the same spiral pattern. It was pretty nice looking,
Made it on the CNC and had the spiral made out of sign vinyl. What a waste of time, didn't seem to make any difference. Trial and error error error!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Seeing is believing » » Head Shrinker ? I can't see it. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL