We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » PAUL STOCKMAN - CONNECTED DVD (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2661 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
I think the initial review in this thread was way too harsh. I've spent more $ on other instructional DVDs which didn't contain one killer effect. I think "My Luckiest Day" alone is worth the price of CONNECTED. I look upon it as an inexpensive, one person alternative to the Master Prediction System.

I agree, however, that the story accompanying "The Sweet Jar" nearly gave me diabetes. Smile A story about conducting the contest AND being the kid entering the contest at the same time probably wouldn't play well outside an institution where they treat schizophrenia. Smile

I also see no reason why the inside of the locket can't be used for an additional victim in "The Pendant Curse". I disagree with the criticism that small engraving on a pendant cannot play for a stage show. Al Koran's medallion routine is a classic and I don't recall ever hearing about an audience squawking that only one spectator gets to see the inscription.
Garrad
View Profile
Elite user
454 Posts

Profile of Garrad
I actually really like this DVD. As pPaul said it was a collection of work for DVD tutorial purposes not his stage show so you would expect him to keep some of his patter back. My luckiest day reminded me of something in Beckers Stunners Plus in which I thing Becker credits the late great Ted Lesley.
You might say reality is the result of complex negotiations between the observer and the observed. But that is simply a point of view.

Many Thanks
Garrad
askernas
View Profile
Loyal user
Sweden
294 Posts

Profile of askernas
Older thread .. Just wanted to say that I enjoyed this DVD, and have taken some key elements from Paul's Hands off Bank Nite, and have modified and it is finding its way into my stage show =)

And ... not all effects speaks to every performer. Smile
Micke Askernäs
www.askernas.com
Caleb Wiles
View Profile
Inner circle
Indianapolis, IN
1130 Posts

Profile of Caleb Wiles
I also enjoyed this DVD. While there were certainly some weak points, overall I think it was fairly good. I've posted my full review on my blog for those who are interested: http://www.calebwilesmagic.com/?p=855

Caleb
http://www.CalebWilesMagic.com
Check out my Main Event project (DVD or Download).

"Magicians, stop what you're doing right now and pick this up!" - John Guastaferro

"Caleb Wiles is the real deal!" - David Williamson

"...my very highest recommendation." - John Carey
paulE
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of paulE
I enjoyed Pauls stage presence and 2 effects in particular the "Pendant Curse" and "My Luckiest Day" I did find some of the show a bit wordy and I got slightly lost at times.

But most of all enjoyed the discussions regarding each effect-i find this with a lot of the dvd's I have that I enjoy the thinking and references to the originators and then researching those elements as well.i find it intriguing,educational and at times illuminating to see how different perfomers adapt methods to present effects in their style especially when credit is given to the originators.

during the discussions Paul wasn't wordy at all but to the point and I enjoyed the clarity of his thinking and planning of the effects.

I find this very much when I watch Max Mavens DVD's his depth and breadth of magic/mentalism knowledge and history is breathtaking.
radbrad
View Profile
New user
Arkansas
3 Posts

Profile of radbrad
I am new to magic, but love Paul's stuff. Anyone have an idea where I could purchase a Psy-Clock? You can also PM me if you might have one your self that you would be willing to sell or if you might have a lead on one. I think this would be a great closer for the act I am putting together.

Thank you,
Brad Kershaw
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » PAUL STOCKMAN - CONNECTED DVD (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL