The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Busking,... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Arkadia
View Profile
Special user
Sweden, Sundsvall
866 Posts

Profile of Arkadia
I've been workin festivals, ren-faires aswell as ordinary music festivals and so on. I also work the real street. (Though more seldom then I want.) There's a big differens in crowd keeping, -control and hatting - but I do think that the similarities are bigger than the differenses. I strongly belive that a ren-fair performer who start to work real street soon adopts and get the street style in a couple of shows. I don't think it will be as easy a transformation for a corporate worker. I can be wrong.

I don't think that it is shooting fish in a barrel to do ren fairs - but here in Sweden, people stop to watch anything at a fair - anything! They even tip the guy! But there's a huge differens in hat size if you compare a strong act with a weak one. So it all comes down to money. It in no match doing ren faires. But doing in and making good money - that is. Quite the same on the streets. So a good act on the streets will make lots of money wherever they go. A good fair-act will adopt and make good money.

that's what I think.

/Ark
Don't miss out on the great new mentalist magic: www.metalwriting.com
epoptika
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
477 Posts

Profile of epoptika
Quote:
On 2010-05-11 13:16, HerbLarry wrote:
I'm a complete idiot for noticing the difference and voicing my opinion.

OK. If you say so. Smile
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
All I can say in response to HerbLarry is this:

I have busked on the street and I have worked at Renaissance Festivals. I know that a number of really well-known buskers have done the same. In fact, Artis used to end his show at Scarborough Faire with his rant about busking. He certainly considered what he was doing at Scarborough Faire and all the other faires he worked at busking.

Who am I to argue with Artis?
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Busking,... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL