The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Fab Fruit Common Cup Comparison (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2706 Posts

Profile of cupsandballsmagic
It's no secret that I love the Fab Fruit and for a while now when speaking to people about it a common question has been how much clearance there is with a particular cup?

I decided to start a pictorial reference for people here: http://tinyurl.com/28fvwh7

Hope it helps...

Bri
Tom Fenton
View Profile
Inner circle
Leeds, UK (but I'm Scottish)
1462 Posts

Profile of Tom Fenton
Good work Bri.

Thank you for this.
"But there isn't a door"
magiclimber
View Profile
Veteran user
Boulder, Colorado
315 Posts

Profile of magiclimber
Nice! I plan to get some fab fruit soon.

The pics are helpful!

thanks
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2706 Posts

Thanks guys! There's a review of the Fab Fruit on the site too magiclimber if that's any use to you.

Bri
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24243 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
There is a fellow who makes latex props for the movies who wants to break into the artificial fruit for loads business. He is also a juggler. The problem is that he doesn't understand what we need. He thinks we need collapsible fruit.

We don't. We need fruit that doesn't talk and that looks enough like the real thing that the specs won't question it.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2706 Posts

That's the thing I love about fab Fruit Bill, you hit the nail on the head (as usual.)

I've yet to see the Jedinat Zaubershop fruit in the flesh (only in your museum), I think that looks pretty good though.

Bri
Mobius303
View Profile
Inner circle
Lakewood, Ohio
1300 Posts

Profile of Mobius303
I am glad you have comparison to the various cups.
Great job Bri
Mobius
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2706 Posts

Thanks Mike!

Bri
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24243 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2010-05-09 14:20, mindyourmagic wrote:
That's the thing I love about fab Fruit Bill, you hit the nail on the head (as usual.)

I've yet to see the Jedinat Zaubershop fruit in the flesh (only in your museum), I think that looks pretty good though.

Bri

It is very good. It is also quite large, so you really need a jumbo cup for it. It's really fun trying to get it through customs. You have to convince them that it is fake fruit.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2706 Posts

Ha! I can just imagine that! "Have you anything to declare?"

"Well...."
yin_howe
View Profile
Special user
Malaysia
778 Posts

Profile of yin_howe
Thanks for spending the time to make this reference.

Fab Fruits are one of the best final loads that one can use.

Quote:
On 2010-05-09 13:57, Bill Palmer wrote:
There is a fellow who makes latex props for the movies who wants to break into the artificial fruit for loads business. He is also a juggler. The problem is that he doesn't understand what we need. He thinks we need collapsible fruit.

We don't. We need fruit that doesn't talk and that looks enough like the real thing that the specs won't question it.

Did he started making any, Bill?
"Talent without passion is talent wasted.."
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2706 Posts

A quick update...

For some reason, last week everything remotely relating to IT went haywire and nobody could work out what it was. At one point everything on all of the websites vanished and I had no access to email whatsoever.

Also, many of the links stopped working too. While the site has been restored, many links are still causing people problems.

Just in case, here is the working link:

Michael Ammar Fab Fruit Common Cup Comparison:
http://www.cupsandballsmagic.com/Fab-Fru......son.html

Bri
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2706 Posts

Just added the House of Veroni cups.
Bri
magiclimber
View Profile
Veteran user
Boulder, Colorado
315 Posts

Profile of magiclimber
I just got a tomato and its noticeably smaller than the other fruit.

I think the lime looks the best.
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2706 Posts

The lemon is the smallest of the fruit I have. I think they all look great but I do agree the lime looks "fab!"

Bri
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24243 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2010-05-09 21:23, yin_howe wrote:
Thanks for spending the time to make this reference.

Fab Fruits are one of the best final loads that one can use.

Quote:
On 2010-05-09 13:57, Bill Palmer wrote:

Did he started making any, Bill?

Not solid ones.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2706 Posts

I picked up a latex lemon (though not from the guy mentioned, it was from Twister magic.) I didn't buy it for the cups and balls but for something else (no use for that either) the add read;

"the lemon that looks 100% real! You can even show it a few inches away from your spectators."

Not so! I would only use it on stage.

Bri
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24243 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Some of these artificial fruits have seams that are very obvious. Not so with the Ammar Fab Fruit.

Michael doesn't just buy prefabricated fruit. He actually has people who make this kind of stuff submit samples to him, then he goes about getting them to make versions that are really suitable for what we do. I have a prototype peach that he recently had made up.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Dale Houck
View Profile
Veteran user
Dakota J Magic at Saint Cloud, FL
374 Posts

Profile of Dale Houck
I bought some realistic looking artificial fruit sometime back from a firm that specializes in displays for restaurants. They look great and were cheap, which was also great. However, they won't fit in my Jefferson cups or any of my magic cups except the Riser Jumbos. The width was fine, but the height wasn't. They also have the distinct disadvantage of being too light. I appreciate Bri's research and photos. Anyone who uses this type load will hopefully learn from all the testimonials here and Bri's research and not make the same mistake I made.
Magic is where you find it.....
Whit Haydn
View Profile
V.I.P.
5449 Posts

Profile of Whit Haydn
The good artificial fruit for cups, like Fab Fruit, is solid and heavy, and made of silicone, not latex.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Fab Fruit Common Cup Comparison (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL