The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Egg Color for Silk to Egg (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20494 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
The question, of white or brown eggs in Silk to Egg magic for me, has always really been simply one of being prepared for whatever the hotel had. Usually in the USA they are white except in New England and in farm and ranch communities. In Europe, I learned that white eggs are not common. Of course, for many decades I have simply carried props for both.

Here on The Magic Café there is even a thread about egg color in Ever So Seightly:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......art=0#25

Today Yahoo did an article on it.

http://green.yahoo.com/blog/the_consciou......ggs.html

Frankly, I prefer using the brown ones because they have many other uses and they seem a little easier to control (better purchase due to finish). Brown ones are also much less likely to flash.

Since I use ceramic eggs they clean up easily with No More Tears Baby Shampoo that I can also use with silks and painted wooden props. (I store eggs in plastic Easter Eggs! These will also transport real eggs safely.)

After reading the article about egg color, I realized that magic isn't the only area of gross misinformation. (Then, of course, there is always politics! But that is another fowl topic. LOL)

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
20494 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Brown eggs are becoming almost as popular for working magicians in the USA as they are in the rest of the world. (They can't flash!)

Bob Sanders
Magic by Sander
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
iluzjonista
View Profile
Regular user
184 Posts

Profile of iluzjonista
Where can I see demo video with this effect?
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
20494 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
I don't know that egg color has ever been of interest to those mass producing videos.

However, worldwide, the brown egg is the better seller for professionals not using the cheap plastic eggs.

There are also other uses for the brown eggs.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Egg Color for Silk to Egg (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL