The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Question on kids show (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
See thread about things like the inexhaustible sponge, and things to put on your forehead.

Also Al's comment about the undershirt is "killer".

My wife suggested it to me and it is great.
Also preserves the life of dress shirts...and saves some from dis-coloring in the arm pit area..(learned that one the hard way)

Side note..(G7)
Speaking of wifes, I am blessed to have Annie, my beloved wife, who along with her other great qualities has an undergraduate degree in speech and theatre.
A few years back we did a few Christian Theatre productions together. In a few we were cast as husband and wife...(i.e. Abraham and Sarah....cue the Jewish Accent..yes you did laugh...another aside..sometimes on the rare occasion my wife does come to gigs, she at times laughs at the set up because she is anticipating the punch line...)

Harris
still 2 old to know everything..
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
MagicJac
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of MagicJac
Hey Guys.. well today was a new chaper in my life - this was my first show in two years and before that I ha only done like 20-30?? first show without "dots the clown" my soon to be ex wife Smile - but hey got to believe in god no matter wut - I did it ! finally this is a milestone - forget wut a good felling it was to see those kids amazed , laughing , confused and wondered , even though it wasnt perfect - I did it ! all alone all me just me!! and I know there is so much more to come! instead of games which my ex wife used to do for the remaining half hour I just improvised and was like ok now all you kids come up here for some close up ...and it worked great!! do you guys do the whole hour maigc show??? now to the marketing part - any tips on marketing? I can say that after 8 months of my wife leaving me - today was the first day of my life!!! Smile
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Congratulations Jac, it will only get easier from here. I do a 45 minute party.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Ken Northridge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlantic City, NJ
2393 Posts

Profile of Ken Northridge
Congratulations Jac! I, too, immersed myself in magic while going through my divorce. It gave me something positive to concentrate on when nothing else seemed to be going right. You can either feel sorry for yourself or make someting of your life regardless of the mistakes you've made and events beyond your control.
Keep up the good work!
Quote:
On 2010-05-15 23:24, MagicJac wrote:
but hey got to believe in god no matter wut

That’s God with a capital G Jac. Smile
"Love is the real magic." -Doug Henning
www.KenNorthridge.com
Ryan Price
View Profile
Special user
winnipeg, MB, Canada
641 Posts

Profile of Ryan Price
I have to chime in on this one as I was the one that suggested you ask the question here.

I wont talk about the nerves or the alcohol as people much more experienced have touched on it. But I will ask why are you using the rabbit tube as the production? Im assuming it is the test tube bunny or similar, this effect looks like animal abuse in the worst way. I know the rabbit is probably perfectly fine but he is in a very small plexi tube in a weird position. The first thing I ever thought when I saw this prop was "poor rabbit" so I know that a good portion of the audience feels the same way. We as magicians have enough against us without adding to it in our shows. With having an animal production at the end adults will think that the animal has been in whatever device the whole show so make it as obvious as possible that you are going into the back to do "something" so they at least have an option of thinking that you loaded him in at that point.

I have much more thoughts on bad handing of rabbits by magicians (see David Ginn) but I will leave that to another day.
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4632 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
Definitely find a rabbit production that doesn't stress (or appear to stress) the rabbit. Modern audiences, especially in the UK, simply won't tolerate any kind of animal cruelty. Personally, I use puppets, which are MUCH more entertaining, and cause no such problems.
Regarding alcohol, PLEASE wait till you're back home, there is NO PLACE for alcohol in a kids' party, I even find the parents' drinking a major problem for a successful kids' party (although at a FAMILY show, it may be appropriate). I say this as I quaff a beer after a busy day performing!
Stage fright is very real, and there are countless ways to dissipate this. And, it's not been discussed here at the Café in the last 8 years (as far as I know). So, I'll start a thread just for that.
My friend Robbie The Magician loads his bunny right before the routine - I don't know exactly how he does this, but perhaps others will have more ideas.
All the best with your magic,
Potty Smile
MagicJac
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of MagicJac
No animal cruelty here - and yes parents see that I go back there and get the animals then - what I use its the dove to rabbit cylynder but not with the dove - just bunny - but yes I agree I need a bigger one - but have not found a good one that is not that big so it fits inside my cart.
MagicJac
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of MagicJac
Hey guys thanks for all feedback here -

was finally able to video part of a show - not the best - but kids having fun and so am I ! and things with Dots the Clown seem to be starting to work out!!!

Thanks to all out there ! once again for Making this world a better place to live!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvR3-HsLJdk
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Question on kids show (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL