The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » I always crying when I hear a magician say (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
All of these are great examples but don't try explaining this to Bill Malone.
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
mayniac
View Profile
Special user
616 Posts

Profile of mayniac
I had a dream last night...and YOU were in it!

Totally unbelievable. And if they do believe you, they'll probably just think you're a weirdo.
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
3017 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
I LOVE Michael Ammar, and have really enjoyed spending a bit of time with him, but...
"All I have to do is...."

I feel like that's his go to line for just about everything he does. All I have to do is snap my fingers. All I have to do is cast a shadow over the deck. All I have to do is blow.
Wears me down a little bit when I've heard it for the thousandth time.
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
kosmoshiva
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
255 Posts

Profile of kosmoshiva
For me it's the "wouldn't it be incredible if ..." or "wouldn't it be magic if I could ..." line. Leading the witness. The audience knows immediately that you can do it because you're asking it. Always sounds like bragging to my ears and I cheer inwardly when the audience member shrugs in response.
Don't forget to breathe.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
This is for the people in the cheap seats.

Give me your hand, no the clean one.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Vick
View Profile
Inner circle
It's taken me 10+ years to make
1120 Posts

Profile of Vick
Now
Unique, Thought Provoking & Amazing Magical Entertainment Experiences
Illusions By Vick
Blog of a real world working magician
Magic would be great, if not for magicians
Tom Fenton
View Profile
Inner circle
Leeds, UK (but I'm Scottish)
1477 Posts

Profile of Tom Fenton
Solid through solid.
"But there isn't a door"
REV BILL
View Profile
Special user
Glen Burnie Maryland
785 Posts

Profile of REV BILL
Check it out,Check it out.
Specializing in Family Entertainment,Gospel,Comedy and Educational programs for over 30 years.(Order of Merlin)
crochow
View Profile
Regular user
Youngstown, Ohio
129 Posts

Profile of crochow
One I despise is; " I have here an empty box (bag, etc.) as you can clearly see".
Magically,

Chris Rochow
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
Stand here over the trap door.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
I try not to say anything though it hurts when a Magician says "I LOVE Criss Angel..." Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2109 Posts

Profile of marko
It would look something like this...

Now all I have to do is snap...

Would you be amazed if...

Magicians counting things (cards, ropes, etc.) when everyone can clearly see how many things there are. (Remember the words of Tommy Wonder: Only magicians and idiots count when the number is less than six).

Oh, and magicians referring to their trick as "experiments."
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
"absolutely nothing up my sleeves and at no time do my fingers leave my hands."
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
Denis Bastible
View Profile
Loyal user
Buffalo, New York
293 Posts

Profile of Denis Bastible
Any sentence that uses the word "silk" instead of "hankerchief"
djurmann
View Profile
Inner circle
thinks time to practice and stop writing
1481 Posts

Profile of djurmann
Interesting post, but my question is this....Wayne Dobson delivered some of these corny lines (stand here over the trap door, not that hand the clean one) and the audience all laughed.....so if the line works, would you use it? Though of course your personality might mean it doesn't work for you.

D
Denis Bastible
View Profile
Loyal user
Buffalo, New York
293 Posts

Profile of Denis Bastible
I have recently seen a lot of clips of Wayne's old act and I honestly feel uncomfortable for some of the unwitting spectators dragged up on stage and subjected to that humor. I do not at all consider myself overly sensitive or PC. It doesn't strike me as either funny or something you should do to someone who purchased a ticket to your show.
djurmann
View Profile
Inner circle
thinks time to practice and stop writing
1481 Posts

Profile of djurmann
Quote:
On 2010-12-27 18:00, denisb wrote:
I have recently seen a lot of clips of Wayne's old act and I honestly feel uncomfortable for some of the unwitting spectators dragged up on stage and subjected to that humor. I do not at all consider myself overly sensitive or PC. It doesn't strike me as either funny or something you should do to someone who purchased a ticket to your show.

Hi Denis,

Would this be from Wayne Dobson's DVD's a Life in Magic? ( A good buy by the way). In many ways I agree, and personally don't like comics who pick on audience members....I feel it is a bit like kicking a puppy since the comic can be rude but all the audience member can do is laugh....even if they want to smack the guy. But in addition to "that humour" there are also some general lines of the "stand there, no there over the trapdoor" variety which are not offensive and go down well. Taking it outside of Wayne there are also other magicians who successfully use some of the lines others find corny (heck maybe they ARE corny), so in the broader sense I guess my question is would forum members use a corny line if it raises a laugh?
RobAnderson
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of RobAnderson
"What I want for you to do is..."

"I have here an ordinary..."

"I'm a mentalist, I know everything, etc etc etc... I need an assistant; you sir, what's your name?"
Wes65
View Profile
Inner circle
I've said very little in
1219 Posts

Profile of Wes65
"what I'm going to do is....."
Wes
makeupguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1411 Posts

Profile of makeupguy
When mentalists "hope that the experiment works" is a HUGE pet peeve...Especially when they never get it wrong.

#1: I don't expect a performer to experiment during my show.. I'd hope he knew what he was doing.

#2: I've seen mentalist get "small misses"...but for some reason, they always get the "big trick" correct.

One of these days.. I'd love to see a perfomer miss horribly... and then at an off moment.. do something even MORE spectacular.

Posted: Feb 13, 2011 12:27pm
On another note.. I hate "curosity shop" magic.

When a 12 year old takes out a MAK magic prop and tells a story about how he found this in the ancient ruins of outer Mongolia...

it's enough to make you want to SCREAM.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » I always crying when I hear a magician say (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL