The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Favorite coin Tricks by Steve Dusheck (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1339 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
On a thread on the Nothing up my sleeve section, a young man (I assume or someone new to magic) asked who this Steve Dusheck guy was.
I thougt it might be interesting to ask what is your favorite trick by Steve?
I'll start. Lethal Tender.

I will admit that I resisted buying this for a long time because it seemed to be every magician's favorite trick (even those who do not do coin tricks otherwise).
I know, I know - kind of contrarian.
Then, I compounded my mistake by buying one of the knock-offs and I couldn't see what the big deal was. I couldn't get it to work smoothly (it had a ]) and it didn't seem to be anything special. Then, I had the pleasure of corresponding with Steve on another issue and Lethal Tender came up. Steve told me about the difference between the Stirling version (the only one that is authorized) and the knock-offs: no ], and it works completely different. I went online and immediately purchased it. I know the old hands (Sammy) who already have this are not surprised, but I love it.
Regards.
Alan
djkuttdecks
View Profile
Special user
Portland
662 Posts

Profile of djkuttdecks
Slippery Sam
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2351 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Wash Out
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Ringer
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2351 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
No one else has a Dusheck favorite?
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4246 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
I think "Confounding Coffer" is a neat trick. A coin + jewel box effect.

Also, "Coin Card".
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1339 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
Chessmann

I think you were making a confounding coffer based on steve's DVD. How'd it work out?

Alan
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
Vanishing fluid
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4246 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
On 2010-05-16 01:07, BanzaiMagic wrote:
Chessmann

I think you were making a confounding coffer based on steve's DVD. How'd it work out?

Alan

Great - once I found a source for the right jewel box.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Dusheck has a lot of tricks I like but I love his "Copper/Silver Transpo," sold more popularly now as "Digital Dissolve" on the Theory 11 website.

He has a lot of wonderful tricks with cards as well. His Color Changing Deck is pretty clever, as well as a lot of his Business Card Magic. Remarkable thinker. Smile

*Hey Chess...Hereya go. Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZLl1Z5uaT8&feature=related
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4246 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
I've seen it, MB, but thanks!
magnumman
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of magnumman
Koing Kong Klip. The knock off was marketed as "Quick Change". Great "Visual" magic.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4246 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
You know, I made my own Coin Card after I purchased Steve's DVD. However, I didn't think standard Bike backs were the *best* choice for the card. Steve didn't use Bike backs (and says "there is a reason for everything I do"!).

I just saw the Bike Dragon back cards, and it reminded me - somewhat - of the card Steve used in the DVD and that Vinny used in his tribute effect for Steve that's on Youtube.

Think I might bring out the hobby side of magic in me and try it out for fun!

Anyone know, offhand, what cards were originally used?

Anyone else have interesting choices for their "Coin Cards"?
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2010-05-13 23:00, djkuttdecks wrote:
Slippery Sam

You found a Slippery Sam Combination Coins set? - you lucky guy Smile
...to all the coins I've dropped here
whiteoakcanyon
View Profile
Special user
899 Posts

Profile of whiteoakcanyon
Difficult to select just one, but I would go with copper/silver transpo.
Wes65
View Profile
Inner circle
I've said very little in
1219 Posts

Profile of Wes65
Quote:
On 2011-01-15 21:27, Chessmann wrote:
You know, I made my own Coin Card after I purchased Steve's DVD. However, I didn't think standard Bike backs were the *best* choice for the card. Steve didn't use Bike backs (and says "there is a reason for everything I do"!).

I haven't watched the DVD in some time, but I think he uses plastic cards.
Wes
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4246 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
That is correct, he did use plastic cards.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Lethal Tender.

I was very close to purchasing it from Roy Kuepper's site - that looked like it might be the original, but maybe not? It is worded like the original and doesn’t look like the usual knock-offs. Anyone know?

In the meantime I'll try to find the one Banzai mentioned in his original post here.

Thank you.

Jim
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4246 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
I do not believe that it is.

Additionally, I do know that Steve originally made these with a tail-side gaff, and a non-Bicycle card. The cards used did not have a sh*m sandwiched between 2 cards. You can still purchase these cards, and you can still purchase the trick with these cards. The card backs were red or green. Do a photo search and you will see. It may be difficult to find a tails-side version these days.
Mehtas
View Profile
Inner circle
England, UK
1649 Posts

Profile of Mehtas
Half a Buck.

Does anyone have full list of Steves creation ?????
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Favorite coin Tricks by Steve Dusheck (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL