The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Chair Levitation in the round (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

braddini
View Profile
New user
Kissimmee,FL
63 Posts

Profile of braddini
Need some help here I need to levitate a chair totaly surounded any body have suggestions?
"I ate what?"
www.bradbreaux.com
Chris Stolz
View Profile
Inner circle
Mississauga, Ontario
1957 Posts

Profile of Chris Stolz
Where is this being performed? What are the advantages and restrictions of the space?
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
1490 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Quote:
On 2010-05-14 12:45, braddini wrote:
Need some help here. I need to levitate a chair totaly surounded, any body have suggestions?

Does the chair need to be functional ? (i.e. does anyone need to sit on it ?)

If not then I would say you could make the chair from the same material as a Losander table if you know what I mean. This won't be easy to make it . In fact, if you go down this route then I'd suggest that you contact Losander about having the chair custom-made from his shop.
Christian Illusionist
View Profile
Special user
Ohio (currently located in Missouri)
503 Posts

Profile of Christian Illusionist
Okay...just to be clear.

Are you needing to actually levitate a single chair, or are you wanting to go from sitting on a chair to levitating above it?
We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
halewyn
View Profile
New user
Lille, France
71 Posts

Profile of halewyn
There is a unique levitation, sold by select magic in Belgium and made by Yogano.
Contact them!
braddini
View Profile
New user
Kissimmee,FL
63 Posts

Profile of braddini
Sorry for the delay in response been busy the past few weeks. Here are the details for the performance area. A very large room seats about 500 people. The chair does not have to be functional but I need to be able to float it above my head and possible some of the audience members heads. No, I do not want to be in the chair when it levitates. I will be surrounded on all sides by the audience members. There is a round stage in the middle of the room. It's about 2 foot high and about 30 ft wide. The Losander table idea is cool but I don't have a big budget for this trick unless I can make it myself and it cost under 200 bucks I'm game.
"I ate what?"
www.bradbreaux.com
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
1490 Posts

Profile of David Todd
The totally-surrounded-on-all-sides condition is too bad , because otherwise you might want to try something like this:

Click here to view attached image.
braddini
View Profile
New user
Kissimmee,FL
63 Posts

Profile of braddini
I found a solution. Lets just say I found a light weight chair that can support my weight and with some special rigging I got it to work. Special lighting helped and a lot of friends Smile thanks for the help.
"I ate what?"
www.bradbreaux.com
donrodrigo
View Profile
Special user
U.S.A. and Europe
635 Posts

Profile of donrodrigo
Sounda like two avenues:

Yogano
Losander
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Chair Levitation in the round (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL