The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Jimmy Finger's Magellan Levitation (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
magic4545
View Profile
Inner circle
Jimmy Fingers
1166 Posts

Profile of magic4545
Hi Walt, thank you for the nice words. I have several in stock, ready to deliver, at this time.

Thanks to everyone who has supported my creation of the Magellan Master Levitation, and all of my inventions.

Jimmy
www.magellanlevitation.com
noble1
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of noble1
Spellbinder comment is counter intuitive, almost always the thing looks much better on video than in real life, not the other way around. I'm going to have too look into this.
magic4545
View Profile
Inner circle
Jimmy Fingers
1166 Posts

Profile of magic4545
Hi Noble1, video tends to flatten out something that is enhanced by live, three dimension presence and subtleties. Live viewing is the ultimate ultra high definition. Anyone who has seen a live performance of the Magellan Master Levitation will attest to the superiority of the experience versus the virtual experience. Video gives a pretty impressive representation of the miracle that occurs live, relatively close up, and real-time.

You will rarely see a more stunning, stunned reaction to an illusion in someone's living room. Packs small enough for air travel without additional baggage fees.

I have these, ready to put into your act, now

Jimmy
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3491 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
Hi, Yep! two dimensions make something look two dimensional, three dimension viewing allows for depth perception.

To my thinking the videos (sorry Jimmy) are not great at all, in fact I think they do harm to the illusion's potential. I've seen it live, and performed it live, and it's a totally different story. Gasps. There are two at the end of my show and this one is a big intake of air from them.

I've said someday I'd try to get Jimmy a better demo, better lit, more dramatic presentation, some subtleties I and a friend added to the performance. But, as usual busy as all heck and have not done that (sorry Jimmy.)

I'm selfishly glad so few folks are doing this. It is something that needs work, like linking rings and cups and balls, to kill and too few put in that effort. Walt
magic4545
View Profile
Inner circle
Jimmy Fingers
1166 Posts

Profile of magic4545
Hi Walt, yes, the more time that I put into presentation, acting, motivation and expression, the better and better that the huge responses get. It's the talked about finale that gets bookings, fast! Instead of you telling the world how great your act is, the audience will be doing it for you after seeing this one.

There is one subtle design aspect of the Magellan that gives depth and wonder to the effect viewed live. And it's difficult, if not almost impossible, to detect on video, simply because of the lack of depth detected by a single lens. It's integral to the successful execution of the effect, and it's one of the most powerful aspects of creating the visual of the miracle of levitating in front of the cloth. Not next to it, in front of it. Some of this is lost on video.

Live entertainment is the last bastion of challenge for the true magician/performing artist. The Magellan Master levitation takes full advantage of the logic and mature design that create the most practical, devastating experience of human levitation that the live, working magician can share with his fans and followers.
Hayre
View Profile
Regular user
Arkansas
180 Posts

Profile of Hayre
I just bought a Magellan - used. It was on a lark, since I am more of a mentalist than anything else. It came with no instructions and Jimmy kindly helped me out of that situation EVEN THOUGH I DID NOT BUY FROM HIM. As far as a seller goes, he is just the best. I have bought a number of other items from him in the past. Now, about the Magellan itself, written by someone who used to be semi-skeptical.....

It IS that good. Engineered to the tiniest detail. Worth every cent Jimmy charges. If I knew how good it was, I would not have waited over 2 years to find a used one. I can't see why anybody would sell one of these, once they get their hands on it. I always feared I would buy one, then think ' why didn't I think of that'. Well, no danger of that. There is not some single simple concept here... instead, a lot of related elements and ideas went into this design, and it has been honed down tight over the years.

The physics, the design, and the engineering all get an A-plus. Plus, it is easy to learn from the tutorial. I see it going in a show soon...I just want to give it the practice it deserves. (Fun to practice, as well.)
magic4545
View Profile
Inner circle
Jimmy Fingers
1166 Posts

Profile of magic4545
Thank you, Clyde! I'm always thrilled to perform it. Most illusions are such a pain to set up, break down, and fit to situations. This one is a dream. Thanks again for the nice words, Clyde!

I have a bunch in stock, I'd love to get one into your hands if you're interested in this!

Jimmy Fingers
magic4545
View Profile
Inner circle
Jimmy Fingers
1166 Posts

Profile of magic4545
If you're having a hard time finding a used Magellan, and you're looking for a great price, please contact me directly, and we might be able to work something out.

Thanks,

Jimmy
WayneCapps
View Profile
Special user
Charleston, SC
765 Posts

Profile of WayneCapps
So I have to give a shout out to Jimmy on his products and most of all his customer service. I have owned 2 Magellan Levitations and think it is a fantastic product. The product speaks for itself but Jimmy has gone out of his way to take care of me as a customer.
Nadzri.Harif
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Nadzri.Harif
Recently closed an annual dinner with this effect. Even on a raised stage, I had dinner patrons stand up with mobiles in hand, not because it was difficult to see, but because they couldn't believe what was going on.

It's Low-tech, so there's no worry about it messing up mid performance. It also possesses a tiny footprint. I actually had the prop set up next to the drums the entire evening leading up to my set and no one paid it any attention.

Highly recommended.
magic4545
View Profile
Inner circle
Jimmy Fingers
1166 Posts

Profile of magic4545
Thanks for the nice words, everyone! Contact me for special pricing for the holidays

Happy holidays!
Jimmy Fingers
Kyle^Ravin
View Profile
Inner circle
I slammed my head against
1070 Posts

Profile of Kyle^Ravin
Quote:
On Mar 6, 2015, SpellbinderEntertainment wrote:
You can do Jimmy's in your underwear at your backyard Bar-B-Q, using the checked tablecloth. You slowly go up and down, and pretty high.

You must, of course, rent two strong baby elephants to do this right, but hey, it’s good magic.

I’ve never thought it looked very good on video, but live, it's a killer. Just killer.

I do recommend shoes/flipflops/really thick socks though... Jimmy has put thought into this and there are some very smart additions to ensure you don't slip mid-flight!
Zlwin Chew
View Profile
Elite user
Malaysian Magician with
437 Posts

Profile of Zlwin Chew
Quote:
On Dec 10, 2015, Nadzri.Harif wrote:
Recently closed an annual dinner with this effect. Even on a raised stage, I had dinner patrons stand up with mobiles in hand, not because it was difficult to see, but because they couldn't believe what was going on.

It's Low-tech, so there's no worry about it messing up mid performance. It also possesses a tiny footprint. I actually had the prop set up next to the drums the entire evening leading up to my set and no one paid it any attention.

Highly recommended.

I am paying for mine soon! Am talking to Jimmy right now.

Your review is a great testimony, too! And I saw the picture of you midair in your IG with that Chinese theme background. Great shot, buddy!!!
Nadzri.Harif
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Nadzri.Harif
Quote:
On Dec 15, 2015, Zlwin Chew wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 10, 2015, Nadzri.Harif wrote:

Highly recommended.

I am paying for mine soon! Am talking to Jimmy right now.

Your review is a great testimony, too! And I saw the picture of you midair in your IG with that Chinese theme background. Great shot, buddy!!!

Thanks a lot, buddy. Glad you liked the pic! you won't be disappointed with the prop.
magic4545
View Profile
Inner circle
Jimmy Fingers
1166 Posts

Profile of magic4545
The newest Magellan Master levitation, in aluminum. Featuring a new, fully self contained transport system, no magnets to be misplaced or lost. 40% lighter than the steel version, the perfect illusion finale for the working magician who travels by air!

There will still be a few of the steel units for those who would like to save some dollars and aren't bothered by the extra weight.

Direct pre-orders only, contact me for details. Not available on the website.

Thanks for your interest in the most popular self levitation ever!

Jimmy
magic4545
View Profile
Inner circle
Jimmy Fingers
1166 Posts

Profile of magic4545
I miscalculated... The New Magellanaire aluminum version of the popular steel Magellan Master Levitation is OVER 50% LIGHTER THAN THE ORIGINAL!!!!!!!!!!! From the original 19 pounds down to 9.2 lbs. It is testing and holding 260 pounds without issue.

Disassembles and fits into a laptop bag.

Available for pre-order. $1095.00 plus shipping. Made of tempered aluminum, engineered to make the most of EVERY pound possible.

At this time, orders are expected to take two weeks to fill, until I have an idea of demand.

This is a beauty to behold, one of the most highly machined, beautifully executed examples of modern engineering, fully utilizing the current level of technology and value together.

Please inquire here or at imagique@gmail.com

Thanks for all of your support,

Jimmy Fingers
magic4545
View Profile
Inner circle
Jimmy Fingers
1166 Posts

Profile of magic4545
I'm offering a buyback for previous purchasers of the original steel Magellan Master levitation system. If you return your complete unit to me, I will give you a credit to purchase one of the new aluminum Magellanaire units for only $795.00 USD... 500 dollars off of the $1295 retail price of the new unit!

This offer is good for original purchasers who are in my database of PayPal buyers.

Thanks for your interest!

Jimmy
www.jimmyfingers.com
Race Blakhart
View Profile
Special user
Selma,CA
545 Posts

Profile of Race Blakhart
I have just got to say, I have seen it used, and it is BEAUTIFUL!
Jimmy, you are in my top 5 all time favorites. Thanks to your Penguin lecture, I have become big fan.
Keep up the good work.
If I wasn't disabled, I'd be saving up for the Magellan myself.

And to anyone who is on the fence about it, you are already on the fence...and it's an amazing system, so just buy it.

I would if I could.
magic4545
View Profile
Inner circle
Jimmy Fingers
1166 Posts

Profile of magic4545
The Magellanaire Levitation, featuring modular and aluminum design, is now available.

For the discerning performer, traveling to corporate events without any additional shipping fees or freight charges.

These are being produced in small batches, and availability will vary by demand.

These have turned out to be absolutely beautiful. Water jetted precision and precise quality control, with a powder coated finish to offer a durable, dead black finish. These units spare no expense in offering the state of the art presentation of the world's most popular self levitation on the market. The new self contained transport system takes full advantage of the amazing 9 pound weight! Tempered aluminum, designed with NO heat applied to potentially brittle joined areas. This is a masterpiece of design and technology, fitting for travel within a regular briefcase or laptop bag.

If you weren't a magician, you'd display it in your museum.

Jimmy Fingers imagique@gmail.com

Click here to view attached image.
MikeDes
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal
1177 Posts

Profile of MikeDes
Jimmy, I'm not so sure you posted the right image.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Jimmy Finger's Magellan Levitation (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL