The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Spoon Around by Axel Hecklau (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

PAUL K
View Profile
Special user
Massachusetts
547 Posts

Profile of PAUL K
Is Spoon Around by Axel Hecklau a good trick.He changes a spoon to a fork in his
mouth.
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1715 Posts

Profile of Amazing Magic Co
Yes. I use it and like it. The quality of the prop is excellent. Axel has a performance video on his website which is completely consistent with a routine presentation.

Dan.
Axel Hecklau
View Profile
Regular user
Berlin / Germany
116 Posts

Profile of Axel Hecklau
Now I provide two new routines by using a coin envelope (so no mouth needed ;-)
Check out my description on axelhecklau.com
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
I've had this for a long time, lovely piece of magic.

Axel is it possible for old customers to buy the updated routines?

Steve
Mark Jarvis
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of Mark Jarvis
I saw Axel perform this close up in Canton Ohio and it is a killer. Really a great magical effect!
Mark Jarvis
The Magic Of Magic
Solon, Ohio
The Magic Is In Your Hands
http://www.themagicofmagic.com
charliecheckers
View Profile
Inner circle
1969 Posts

Profile of charliecheckers
The gimmick is not new, however Axel has made a significant improvement over previous versions. The improvement makes it much more practicle for performance in that there is no chance of exposing the method, that could happen with the original gimmick. In addition, and more importantly he changed the effect to be much more impactful. I personally prefer the methods he offers that do not use the mouth, but rather a small envelope. The cost was rather high, but if you like the effect it is worth every penny as it is easy to do and you can adapt the presentation to just about every performance setting.
ades888
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of ades888
Great routine, I use it all the time, gets some very good laughs and the climax is very surprising and startling. Ties in perfectly with a few other pieces I have in my show and is a nice quick trick between 2 longer routines, which is how I use it.
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2543 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
If doing the mouth method, once you have turned it into a fork, are you able to freely talk without anything in your mouth?
If this exposes something feel free to PM me, I want to know how practical this would be for table hopping in a restaurant. Thanks.
Sealegs
View Profile
Inner circle
The UK, Portsmouth
2597 Posts

Profile of Sealegs
Paul, You are left orally clean at the finish of the effect. (save for the toll of whetever ineffective brushing and flossing your dialy ablutions might leave you with)

I liked this effect and had it in my show until the gimmick came unstuck and fell apart.

I have been unable to find a glue that will successfully restick it. (supeglue etc)

If Axel looks in here maybe he can help?
Neal Austin

"The golden rule is that there are no golden rules." G.B. Shaw
Axel Hecklau
View Profile
Regular user
Berlin / Germany
116 Posts

Profile of Axel Hecklau
Neal - you can reglue it with a 2 component epoxy glue.

Please check out my website axelhecklau.com
Spoonaround now comes with 3 routines - two of them don´t uses the mouth -

Have a look - it worth ;-)

Axel Hecklau
RyanAdams
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Profile of RyanAdams
You certainly get great value for money with this. It's something we don't see everyday in magic, for that reason I've used this often for the past year.
I very much look forward to watching the new routines.

Ryan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Spoon Around by Axel Hecklau (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL