We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Street Smart Psychic Guide To Getting A Good Reading..Lisa Barretta (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Logan Five
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1477 Posts

Profile of Logan Five
First off, I usually never review anyone else material, but I found this to be exceptional and would probably be of interest to those who do readings here, so I am just passing this on. I was at the local Barnes and Noble tonight and picked-up this book as a curiousity, and I found that I couldn't put it down. The author is a very experience reader and has a very good grasp on the subject of giving readings. She's got a very gritty and funny writing style.

I haven't read the whole book yet, but what I did read was very interesting. The book is basically aimed at those seeking out a reading, and what makes up a good reading. But if you do any readings at all, she includes in the book a chapter on the subject of " Types of Clients: What Psychic Readers Encounter ( Chapter 3 ).

While reading this chapter I found myself shaking my head up & down as she described the type of querants that will seek out a reading. But the real gem here is HOW she handles these type of clients. She lists them as follows;

~The New Client: Mindful or Minefield? She talks about the stress some readers have when meeting a new client for the very first time. She also ID's those clients that could be problemsome for a reader.

~1-900 Desperado: Dial D For Desperate: Ever get those calls from a desperate sitter early in the morning wanting to know " does Johnny really love me? " She also points out that some of these people max-out their credit cards looking for the " right " psychic.

~The Persistant Client: Ask Me Ten More Times: Yup, I can totally relate to what she is saying and I have had my share of these people, I really like her approach on how she handles these people.

~The Psychic Debunker: The Tester: Ah yes, have you ever had anyone sit across your table and tell you that your wrong, that your oracle is wrong..ever wonder why these people come to you for a reading in the first place? Again, I really like the advice here.

~The Chatterbox: Where Is The Off-Switch?: Ever have someone talk and talk and talk during your reading presentation and not hear what you have to say?

~The Daily Doppler: Where Is My Psychic Barometer?: These are the people who have to have a reading for the most trival changes and things in their life. The author calls these people " psychic-junkies ". She gives examples in her own work on these types of sitters, and how she handles these folks.

There is a lot more here..I'll be brief however.

~The Midnight Caller.
~The Co-Dependant Client: I Can Do It Alone
~The Viper: Slowly Sucking Energy Levels Dry: I've have a few of these. I really like how she deals with this type of client.
~The Crybaby: I can't say I've run into this type of client before. She's a little stern here..
~The Scaredy Cat: These are the people who are in fear over every single card you turn over. I had many of these reads before. I like her examples and her advice here.
~The Delusional Damsel: Fantasy-Relationship Groupies: I have had many reads that fall into this catagory. I handle these folks the same way she does.
~The " Into-It " Client: The Savvy Seeker: I personally like these type of sitters to be honest.
~The Sleeper Client: Here she talks about people who don't get out of the house much, and those that really aren't goal driven in life and the reasons why these sitters seek out a reading in the first place.
~The Friendship Club Freebie Seeker: The Psychic's BFF: Have any of your sitters tried to be " your friend? "..when you know their real motivation is to get a free reading or advice from you. I can totally relate to this. The example she gave in the book is almost identical to what happened to me, except my sitter, who was a pretty hot looking girl..used to flirt with me, but I knew..she just wanted to be my friend so she could hit me up for free readings. Guys, has that ever happened to you?
~Psychic Reading Virgins: Read for the very first time.
~The Psychic Client: I can't say I've ran into that..i.e doing a reading for another reader.
~The Ultimate Psychic Junkie: Hooked On Psychic Readings. She describes these people to a tee.

That's just one chapter. I haven't read the rest of the book, but there is a lot more real world advice given in this one chapter than all my CR books put together on the type of people one encounters when doing a reading. It's also a lot cheaper than a CR book too! I wish I had a book like this when I first started out. Most psychics who write books really don't interest me, but this to me is an exception. If your into readings or this aspect of mentalism..I think you'll like it.

Rick
Self concept is destiny..
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Interesting review.

Never heard of Lisa Barretta but the book or booklet sounds really great. I like the topics that are covered.

I have no idea where to buy the book.

I guess that I will have to Google it.

ray
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2674 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Quote:
On 2010-05-20 00:27, Magical Dimensions wrote:
I guess that I will have to Google it.

That's what I did. no problems.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Street Smart Psychic Guide To Getting A Good Reading..Lisa Barretta (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL