The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Steve Wyrick files for bankruptcy (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
Las Vegas magician files for bankruptcy

Quote:
Magician Steve Wyrick made more than $54 million disappear while operating his own theater, according to a bankruptcy filing on Monday.

Wyrick listed assets of $93,157 against liabilities of $54,353,748 in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court filing.

The magician, whose full name is Gale Steven Wyrick, abruptly closed his show in December at the Miracle Mile Shops at Planet Hollywood. The landlord, Boulevard Invest LLC, sued Wyrick for back rent in January and later foreclosed on the theater and lounge Wyrick which opened in 2007, at a cost then said to be $35 million.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
That's shows how rough showbiz is.

Hope he learns from it though...

And picks himself up soon...
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
uhrenschmied
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of uhrenschmied
I saw his show during his das in the Lady Luck.

The real magic was how he got the investors for the follow up show (Sahara if memory serves right), let alone this venture.

Regards,
CMMAGIC
View Profile
Regular user
Myrtle Beach , S.C.
145 Posts

Profile of CMMAGIC
I have been wondering how he has had the big glitzy shows for years , will the Magic Newswire follow up on this
- Carl Michael - www.CarlMichaelMagic.com
Frequent performer at top night clubs such as Mansion Miami , PURE Las Vegas , Marquee Vegas , and Veranda NYC . 2012 and 2013 Reader's Choice Magician of the Year. Currently headlining in my own stage show in Myrtle Beach . Follow on twitter , Instagram and ViNe @CMMAGIC
Eyes of Darkness
View Profile
Regular user
137 Posts

Profile of Eyes of Darkness
Quote:
On 2010-05-24 14:03, CMMAGIC wrote:
I have been wondering how he has had the big glitzy shows for years , will the Magic Newswire follow up on this

Ever heard of Wyrick, Texas?
noble1
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of noble1
Is Wyrick Texas named after Steve Wyrick or his family?
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Q- "How do you make a small fortune in magic?"
A- "Start with a larger fortune, and work your way down!"
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1695 Posts

Profile of Futureal
I never liked anything that guy did. He was a Copperclone. Dressed like Copperfield, did similar tricks as Copperfield, totally ripped off the mannerisms and presentation.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
Ever heard of Wyrick, Texas?

No, I haven't. So I Googled it, apparently Google hasn't heard of it either.
Couldn't find one mention of a Wyrick, Texas anywhere.

How are you familiar with it?
Or are you just passing along false rumors?
MagicMax7
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas
33 Posts

Profile of MagicMax7
Gaddy...that...is genius! In the twelve years I've been here I've seen him land bigger and better venues and I've scratched my head at every one. I do wish him the best, though. Bad for one...bad for all.
randirain
View Profile
Inner circle
Fort Worth, TX
1650 Posts

Profile of randirain
I was born and raised in Texas, and I have never heard of Wyrick Texas.

There is a Wylie Texas.

But you know, Texas is a HUGE state, so there might be some remote little town called Wyrick.
But that's hardly a place that big money will come from.

Randi
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2869 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
Maybe I'm getting Steve confused with Criss Angel's OCC Chopper- but didn't Steve Wyrick have an OCC Chopper too? Just wondering if the $93,157 in assets listed (which usually includes real estate) included his show equipment, motorcycle, etc.. Seems kinda odd maybe that someone with less than $100,000 in total assets (including his real estate) could ever get financing for his own theatre. Heck, I cannot even get a snowblower on credit here in Michigan. Is Vegas (or was Vegas) the lost land of opportunity? I did see the show several years ago and enjoyed it-I do hope he can re-emerge someplace as a performer again.
msmaster
View Profile
Special user
522 Posts

Profile of msmaster
Wyrick Texas or not, this dude must come from money or have some non-maqic clout to get people to give him money. Anyone out there know anything definitive about Wyrick? I wasn't a fan, but like a lot of others I'm curious to know how he did what he did.
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1695 Posts

Profile of Futureal
He got a cover story in Magic Magazine around five years ago, according to that it was just good business acumen.
msmaster
View Profile
Special user
522 Posts

Profile of msmaster
I saw the Magic Magazine article and agreed with the author's assesment of the show. I considered the informaation supplied by Wyrick more public relations than fact. Anyone out there who actually knows or worked with Wyrick who can shed some light on this interesting character?
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
I saw the show in Vegas two years ago and thought it a good one. Steve was also interviewed in MagicSeen magazine more recently, and I'm sure there was talk of a TV project.

Paul.
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Quote:
On 2010-06-15 04:09, Futureal wrote:
He got a cover story in Magic Magazine around five years ago, according to that it was just good business acumen.

In other words, a typical "MAGIC" magazine article - all fluff and puff with no substance.
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
msmaster
View Profile
Special user
522 Posts

Profile of msmaster
Or as publisher Stan Allen said in a recent interview: "...making magic better for magicians everywhere."
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2869 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
Just very sad to see. No one could have predicted 5 years ago the economy would tank now so badly, it must be close to a record year for personal and business bankruptcies in Nevada...
markmiller
View Profile
Special user
731 Posts

Profile of markmiller
Are you saying Wyrick got over 50 million in debt because of the economy?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Steve Wyrick files for bankruptcy (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL