The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Why do magicians/mentalists pace around? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Eshla
View Profile
Inner circle
1239 Posts

Profile of Eshla
Why do you feel the need to bully someone on the internet who is both younger and less experianced in your field of Mentalism than you are?
I come from the future to culture you poor sods with fire.
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
Quote:
On 2010-05-22 18:36, johncesta wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-05-22 10:31, Eshla wrote:
Well, I don't do shows, but then I believe most people don't (atleast most at Talkmagic.co.uk don't, so I presume most here don't)

I do not have much performance experiance, but I do quite a lot of street Mentalism and close-up. Either way the point still stands in that a Mentalist does not have to act old and thoughtful, you can be young, vibrant, energetic, lively and still be thoughtful.

you do or you do not do shows? which is it?

Well, John...

You know he is a great thinker, you know he can fight with Bob Cassidy on Key Tag numbers and win, you know he is going to write a book, you know he has his own version of Q&A, you know he knows everything about steel blindfolds and imp devices...

So, it's that difficult for you to GUESS?
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
Simon (Ted) Edwards
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1528 Posts

Profile of Simon (Ted) Edwards
Quote:
On 2010-05-22 18:38, Eshla wrote:
Why do you feel the need to bully someone on the internet who is both younger and less experianced in your field of Mentalism than you are?

Tom,
You surely understand that on this internet thing credibility is very important. Anyone can claim anything, which is a bad situation when someone asks for advice and believes things written by people who essentially don't know what they are talking about.
There's nothing wrong with you being young and inexperienced, but there *is* something wrong with giving a false impression. So when you give advice (which is usually wrong), it's not bullying when people pull you up on it. It's an attempt to stop the deluded from spreading misinformation.
T.
Rocketeer
View Profile
Special user
Westchester, NY
965 Posts

Profile of Rocketeer
I've invented an effect (based on a Richard Busch idea) that's killed when done over the phone and email. To do it live I've got to use PWing and that makes me nervous as heck because I don't even now which device I will use and I need many hours of practice.

But you can be sure that if I'm doing PW in my right p*cket I'm going to be walking to stage right (audience left) to conceal what I'm doing. At least the first few times I do it.

It's a powerful effect that relates to a near-death experience I supposedly had so I think I can justify the pacing for the anxiety it evokes in me whenever I recall the incident.

Rocky
I'm selling my hardcover autographed limited edition copy of Jerome Finley's "Thought Veil"

PM me for info.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Why do magicians/mentalists pace around? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL