The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » LotH (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Eshla
View Profile
Inner circle
1239 Posts

Profile of Eshla
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwF2C5CqJQo

Thanks, and sorry I had to post this here.

Tom
xx
I come from the future to culture you poor sods with fire.
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
Tom,

We surely can start over -

IF when you ask questions you clearly don't know the answers to (otherwise would be fool to ask in the first place) WHEN you get those answers - especially if given you by people like Bob Cassidy, Greg Arce, myself or other knowledgeable people - you don't answer them back trying to prove them wrong!

That's all!

You abide to your side of contract and I'll do the same.

You don't and I'll don't either.

:)
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
The Land Down Under
2126 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Respect
+Inventor of the world famous Floating Match+
+Author: Machinations (Vanishing Inc, 2020)+
EVERYTHING BEN HARRIS
Eshla
View Profile
Inner circle
1239 Posts

Profile of Eshla
Emm... ok, fair enough. But can I just point out one thing:

Sometimes an answer to a question may be followed by another question, which was involked by the answer to the first... like

Me: "Is the SSB any good? I think it looks gimmicked."

Expert: "No mate, don't worry, its not gimmicked and in my opinion it doesn't look gimmicked at all. Its all in the presentation."

(at this point I can reply with two ways I think... I seem to have been choosing the worse one...)

Me reply 1: "But it does look gimmicked, its all metal and looks like its electronic almost."

Me reply 2: "I see... I still think it looks a bit suspicious though. What tips do you have for making it more believable and less suspicious as a prop? Like with my Thoughtscan board I hand that out at the start of a Q&A and make a joke about being fed infomation on all the audiance. This makes the pad completely unsuspicious."

I think I need to word my questions more carefully.

And one final request; can you please unblock me from PM. I promise not to spam you, but you do have gems of wisdom I believe Smile

Tom
xx
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Tom, if you simply READ the responses you recieve from others you will KNOW what the problem is. For some reason you REFUSE to believe what these folks are saying even though they've tried repeatedly and in varying ways to get the point to you. Or you simply don't want to beleive it or think it's in any way possible to be applicable to you.

Just READ what they say. You skip over people's words and go right into doing what you were doing to deserve those words and responses.

You can ignore their words and make videos but no matter how you suss it it's what it is and it's in black and white on this board.

For GOSH sakes man, you call people TROLLS. YOu ask questions then recieve answers from knowledgable people that have been in the biz for years and you instantly brush them off and proceed to TELL them they are wrong. They should be making videos questioning your motives.

Am I wrong?

Oh well I have work to do ... create the next ultimate this or that and I hope you NOW take some advice.

Good video though.

J
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Tom - I know that was difficult for you, just as the one you posted to me on another forum was...

I have one bit of advice to you, that's not mentalism as such,...well...it is, but isn't...

when people offer you opinions and thoughts - just remember that people are sharing this for free, from their own free will - and genuinely want to help...you can ask more questions and so on...but maybe you should consider WHY they are saying it - is it through experience? is it working it in front of these "real people" we often hear about? cos some advice you get on forums is utter bobbins...

the key is, is to work out who to listen to...and to slow down. take on board other people's views and gestate...no one single answer will give YOU want you need...the only person who can ultimately give you what you want, is YOU.

so if you buy something, test it out - on a small scale, in whatever way you can to get a feel for it before you dismiss the advice that's you've been given, and before you dismiss the "thing" you've just bought...

to some people, a 1way-*****-d*** is "too risky", for others, its a mini miracle, until you sit down and use one yourself, only then will you understand what it means to you...
I've asked to be banned
MDantes
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1435 Posts

Profile of MDantes
Tom,

It is none of my business.

(shakes head)

Ain't NONE of it.

However, I will say this.

I learned the hard way a while back onhere that things typed out can easily be misinterpreted.

While reading what others say more carefully, Like John suggests, read what YOU say more carefully.

How you say it.

How it can be taken.

How it could be misunderstood.

In the long run, it will not only help others understand you, but will help you communicate better in life and in your career.

Feel me?
S.A.N.C.T.U.M Chapter 18

Member 17
stashu
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Profile of stashu
Pffff, give me a break... send him a dozen roses while your at it
PsiDroid
View Profile
Inner circle
2164 Posts

Profile of PsiDroid
Quote:
On 2010-05-22 19:38, IAIN wrote:
WHY they are saying it - is it through experience? is it working it in front of these "real people" we often hear about? cos some advice you get on forums is utter bobbins...

to add to what iain said: you should know by now who the working performers are and who arent: you know you can trust some names like Cavalli;Cassidy;Arce;Osterlind;Riggs and a host of others who create and perform their own stuff FOR A LIVING

you don't need to listen to any stashu; smokingkills; iain; psidroid etc: but you can always listen to well established pros
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Well, I can see that you still not only don't get it, but you don't seem to see yourself the way others see you. You don't realize when you ARE being condescending.

You made a point of saying that we old folks maybe dislike the fact that you have all this knowledge at your fingertips and we didn't. I guess in a way you are right, but not in the way you think you are. I'm peeved by the fact that you have all this knowledge at your disposal yet you take the easy way out and ask others to search for you.

You have a SEARCH button! How I wish I had a SEARCH button!!! It's so easy for you, but you want it EASIER. You want to be spoon fed while you sit on your high chair and wail.

Eshla, I wish I had saved the original long PMs I sent you. If you did then please copy and post them here. Then people will see how much I tried to help you at first. Then weeks later you went onto post silly stuff again and making up a lie as to how long we've been in contact.

Eshla, you are still young. You still don't know what you don't know. Do you realize how many times you've been caught in your own stories? How many times your delusions have become apparent here?

Please, please, take a breath. Sit back. Read, read, read, read, READ, read, read, read, READ... perform everywhere you can at every moment you can. Stop trying to be the super mentalist that does everything. You can't. You're never going to be Derren Brown or Berglas or Maven or anyone else. You will eventually be the best Eshla you can be, but only if you get out of Eshla's way.

Stop deluding yourself with shows you haven't done. Go out and do them then see if they work. They probably work great in your head, but when you do it in the real world you'll see some big differences.

The funny thing is if you had listen to me so many months ago and followed my PMs to you then you might be so much further ahead now.

And once again, to get back to the old people comment: I practically lived at the Castle for years. I saw many young guys come and go. It was the guys that lived in the library that ended up working the Castle, doing TV, lectures, shows, touring, etc. The "know it alls" still go to the Castle and sit around and complain how they are much better than everyone and they should be on TV.

READ, READ, READ, READ, READ, READ, READ, READ, READ, READ.... and don't say you do because you've been caught in that lie before where you said you read 13 Steps then asked about something that could be easily found in that book. Skimming is not reading. I read 13 Steps, PME, MM&M, Berglas and a few other books yearly. Some I read more than once a year. Every time I reread them I get something new out of them.

READ, READ, READ, READ, READ, READ, READ, READ, READ, READ, READ, READ. By the way, don't flatter yourself. You make very little impact in my life. Oh, and that's not a put down. I feel that way about myself. I don't have a big head that tells me I'm so important that I matter in everyone's world. 99.9999% of the population don't even know that you or I exist. And the .0001% that know us are more concerned with their own lives so they're not thinking about us either.

READ, READ, READ, READ, READ, READ, READ, READ, READ, READ, READ, READ, READ, READ, READ.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Eshla
View Profile
Inner circle
1239 Posts

Profile of Eshla
I stopped reading after the first sentance Greg.

And don't worry, I read a lot; mostly my own novel.
stashu
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Profile of stashu
You are not joking, are you?

Id sell my car for advice from Greg and your throwing it away!?

Shame on you... way to win friends and influence people!
Eshla
View Profile
Inner circle
1239 Posts

Profile of Eshla
Meh...

I have made parle with LotH and a few others and that's enough for me.
Tom
xx
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2010-05-22 20:06, Eshla wrote:

can we get it at amazon?
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Quote:
On 2010-05-22 20:22, johncesta wrote:
Quote:

can we get it at amazon?

Only if Amazon is selling dreams. Smile Oh, Eshla, you still make me laugh. And you make me laugh in another forum where you got on other guys' nerves. It seems you're the same everywhere you go. Isn't that funny. We're all wrong, but you're right. Oh, Eshla, I can always count on you.

Greg
Tony Razzano
View Profile
Inner circle
South River, NJ
1600 Posts

Profile of Tony Razzano
Quote:

Oh Good Lord!
Best regards,
<BR>Tony Razzano, Past President, PEA
Winner of the PEA"s Bascom Jones and Bob Haines Awards
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Quote:
On 2010-05-22 20:26, Tony Razzano wrote:
Quote:

Oh Good Lord!

Tony, don't you see he was caught in another lie there. If he had stopped reading after my first sentence then he would not be able to make the comment about reading since that was said later on. Along with his many ailments apparently he is a pathological liar. He can't help himself. Anyway, I've got to get some stuff ready because I'm going to the Castle and do some private shows.

I'm sure Eshla also has some private shows he needs to do... really private... just him and his mirror. Smile Oh, Eshla, of all the characters in Oz I love you best.

Greg
Eshla
View Profile
Inner circle
1239 Posts

Profile of Eshla
You're a very cruel man Greg.

I know I'm lonely, I don't need you to tell me.
Davit Sicseek
View Profile
Inner circle
1818 Posts

Profile of Davit Sicseek
LOTH - please do a youtube video reply. This thread has legs.
Send me the truth: davitsicseek@gmail.com
BryanKelly
View Profile
Regular user
191 Posts

Profile of BryanKelly
Who is Eshla anyway?

Nevermind, I don't really care.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » LotH (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL