The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Method of Lugging the Props (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Psychological Mind Reading Illusionist
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of Psychological Mind Reading Illusionist
I do stroll around restaurant mentalism and I was wondering if I will look awkward if I carried around a small messenger bag to keep my props in...

Here's how the bag looks.

The black version of this
http://shop.guess.com/ProductDetails.asp......ageType=

Johnny
KeithP
View Profile
Regular user
171 Posts

Profile of KeithP
My personal opinion is that in Europe that this would be fine, but in the USA, it would seem a little odd. Many audiences "forgive" small oddities once they see that it is a magician, and therefore, he is holding a bag to hold his effects. This is acceptable in my view.

Good luck,
Keith
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Most mentalist use ordinary things like a note pad, pen, pencil, deck of cards (maybe) etc. What props are you using? There are some funny effects that only use patter to accomplish.

When I worked restaurants I let my case in the corner someplace out of the way of the workers. You should usually only plan on doing 3 effects at a table, before you move on, so you should be able to carry at least 6 tricks in your pockets.

There is a vast amount of magic around that is suitable for restaurants. The only thing that might be okay, is a small close up pad or a pad attached to a small thin case with a drawer.
MentalistCreationLab
View Profile
Inner circle
1528 Posts

Profile of MentalistCreationLab
PMRI, have you considered a camera bag, as a mentalist we don't carry that much stuff. A camera bag or Video Camera bag would look a bit less odd. It would look like your caring a camera. also, have you considered an attache or brief case.

http://www.saddlebackleather.com/158-travel-case-category

http://www.saddlebackleather.com/categories/104

Saddle back Leather makes some very nice goods but not cheap.

BM
shaneking
View Profile
New user
Sydney, Australia
61 Posts

Profile of shaneking
I have strived over several years to make sure that I no longer need a bag. However, I still run out of pockets so what I have found useful is to leather cases that are designed to hold a bicycle deck in them. Jerry O'Connell makes great ones. He does two versions, both cases are the same, but I use the one that has an attachment so that you can wear it on your belt. I also have a coin purse from him to hold all my flippers, coin uniques and shells etc, again on the belt. It justgives you more pocket space. I can carry three full decks on me without using pockets.
If you're not looking for it you won't find it!
Www.shanekingmagic.com
Sydney, Australia
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Method of Lugging the Props (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL