The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » What do you say to someone who believes you have real psychic powers? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Would you tell that person no?

Would you "misdirect" by asking "What do you mean by "Psychic"?"?

Would you say yes?

Or anything else...
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
I say what I did was for entertainment purposes only and then I let them believe what they want to believe...
lejon
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of lejon
I say nothing, I'm not responsible for his/her belief system....
whatever you say would not make much change anyway, so it would be pretty much a waste of my energy to try and convince ...
Eshla
View Profile
Inner circle
1239 Posts

Profile of Eshla
I do something which is ACTUALLY suggestion, something that can fail.

If it fails, hey ho, if it succseeds you are a bloody miracle worker.
I come from the future to culture you poor sods with fire.
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2591 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
The voices tell me that you should leave me alone for the rest of your life, for your own good.
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2534 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Psychic simply means "of the mind". It still comes back what they specifically are asking.
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
ryesteve
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of ryesteve
I think it all depends upon what premise you're performing under in the first place. If that's what you're purporting, of course you'd let them believe it. If your premise is that you're performing demonstrations of psychology and suggestion, then take credit for that instead. It all depends where you're coming from.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
I tell them they have a terrible curse and that I can remove it for £5000. Or their private parts will drop off.
Doughlas
View Profile
Regular user
Northern California
173 Posts

Profile of Doughlas
I agree with Insight above. I explain what I do is entertainment and leave it at that with no further explanation. As people have said before, they will believe what they want to believe anyhow.
lejon
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of lejon
Quote:
On 2010-05-25 09:45, mindpunisher wrote:
I tell them they have a terrible curse and that I can remove it for £5000. Or their private parts will drop off.


Dah... youre expensive.. is it for both or each????
Andini
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, OH
685 Posts

Profile of Andini
Quote:
On 2010-05-25 08:39, lejon wrote:
I say nothing, I'm not rsponsible for his/her belief system....


I disagree. By performing feats of mentalism and telling people that it's because you're psychic (which, by "saying nothing," you would be), that could have a dramatic impact on a person's worldview. It's like saying a minister is not responsible for a person's belief system.

I like the "It was for entertainment" response as long as the performance itself makes it clear that you don't claim to be psychic.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12243 Posts

Profile of John C
Thank you!
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
lejon
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of lejon
Quote:
On 2010-05-25 10:25, Andini wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-05-25 08:39, lejon wrote:
I say nothing, I'm not rsponsible for his/her belief system....


I disagree. By performing feats of mentalism and telling people that it's because you're psychic (which, by "saying nothing," you would be), that could have a dramatic impact on a person's worldview. It's like saying a minister is not responsible for a person's belief system.

I like the "It was for entertainment" response as long as the performance itself makes it clear that you don't claim to be psychic.


I should have been more clear, I say nothing because my style of performance is very clearly entertainment, and in no way doest it try to imitate the "minister".
so I think we actually agree with one another
Doctor REvil
View Profile
Elite user
469 Posts

Profile of Doctor REvil
"Its just for entertainment"....yeah, that's why I'll never get rich!......lol
Karma means you buy now & pay later.....think I've over spent....!

Check out my ebooks at the lybrary.....

http://www.lybrary.com/david-gemmell-m-13404.html
backinblack
View Profile
Special user
891 Posts

Profile of backinblack
Miracle class has extra costs - but keep it a secret *pssst*..
Mauricio Jaramillo
View Profile
Elite user
Colombia
412 Posts

Profile of Mauricio Jaramillo
Yikes, this happens to me all the time, way too much for my liking. I usually explain that what I do is entertainment and briefly talk about how many charlatans and frauds are out there. Unfortunately, I realize that many of these people just don't get it (or believe me) which I can clearly see in e-mails they send after the show.
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
"Me, psychic? Yes, but I'm under treatment for it. I hope to be cured by next Tuesday unless it comes on a Wednesday this year."
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
I say No.
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
chmara
View Profile
Inner circle
Tucson, AZ
1904 Posts

Profile of chmara
Thank you. And here's my card. My rates are.....
Gregg (C. H. Mara) Chmara

Commercial Operations, LLC

Tucson, AZ



C. H. Mara Illusion & Psychic Entertainments
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10599 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
"Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed the show!"
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » What do you say to someone who believes you have real psychic powers? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL