The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Busking mindset and beliefs (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Munskin
View Profile
Loyal user
Cheshire, UK
297 Posts

Profile of Munskin
I was rewatching the Gazzo section on the School of Busking DVD's today and he mentions that you should believe two things as a performer: that women love you and that you are the greatest entertainer in your area. I was just wondering what other mindsets and beliefs you guys use to get into the right performing character, or to build your confidence before hitting the bricks?

John
TristanBuckley
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of TristanBuckley
I heard that advice and took it right to heart. It's a great mindset to get into, but it never stops my hands from shaking like a leaf for the first 2-3 mini-shows (by which I mean shows that don't really build well, and where I never get to the cups and balls. Usually about 5-10 mins. each) or 1 full show.

But then, I never had much of a problem working through stage fright. I think that's what I'd like to contribute: I always remind myself that stage fright has never killed me before, and just having shaky hands isn't going to ruin the show. That gives me the confidence to work through those first 20 minutes and get to where I have no trouble anymore.
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3149 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Love your audience, and know that they love you -even though some of them really don't know how to... 'express' their love... Smile I actually do a little mantra before my performances to drill this home for me, and it helps!

Also, no matter how close it is to rent day, you must not make it about the money. Obviously it IS about the money, but your performance must not be about the money. The audience will pick up on this and they will walk.
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
TristanBuckley
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of TristanBuckley
Sorry about the double-post. I didn't notice until just now.
ray raymond
View Profile
Veteran user
329 Posts

Profile of ray raymond
I believe I am going to rush, so I constantly remind my self to slow down be patient. Patience always seems to pay off.
gallagher
View Profile
Inner circle
1074 Posts

Profile of gallagher
Check out "Confidence". December 2, 2008. Here in The Sidewalk Shuffle.

,.... if nothing else, stick with Danny Hustle´s advice.

give it easy,
gallagher.
SilvaAce
View Profile
Regular user
Fargo, ND
156 Posts

Profile of SilvaAce
I always remember being a member of this community! This gives me the confidence of having support from some of the best in the world. I love watching Ultimate Fighting, especially how some of the fighters train with other fighters to get that much better. The Café provides us a way to communicate with individuals that have so much knowledge and experience. If you have a show or trick go wrong, you have a place that can relate to you. Same goes for throwing a great show, we are here to share the excitement that maybe the woman doesn't care to hear about anymore.LOL

Before I became a member here I always felt so alone in my magic. I had only met 2 other magicians and maybe spent a total of 7 hours with them. Today with the great minds and entertainers we have on here, I feel like I a have a ton of support!!!
All you have to do to change your life, is to change your daily habits!

Carlos Silva
Sleeveless
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of Sleeveless
Quote:
On 2010-05-25 16:48, gaddy wrote:
Love your audience, and know that they love you

Quoted for truth.
T. Sebastian
View Profile
Loyal user
Ozark Mountains, USA
223 Posts

Profile of T. Sebastian
Show humility. Be awesomeness. People must never know how unbelievably awesome you know you are or they will think you are an arrogant jerk. Show them humility and they will know your unbelievable awesomeness for themselves. And they will put you upon the high throne and feed you grapes and bananas and passion fruit and halibut with a nice lemon sauce and only then will you be truly ...
So sorry I soiled your precious eyes.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Busking mindset and beliefs (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL