The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » My quote... any thoughts? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Paul.W
View Profile
Veteran user
338 Posts

Profile of Paul.W
Helllooo

Here is a quote I shared with many magicians/ mentalist.
I know it does not have to do with anything in penny for your thoughts...
But I thought some of you might like it.

"People who create are people who have no balls to perform"

what are your thoughts?

Paul.W
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
I tried to post my thoughts, but all that appeared on the screen was **** **** *** ****. So I'll pass on this one.

Tony
DN777
View Profile
Veteran user
360 Posts

Profile of DN777
Paul W. : I hope you never ever understand what marketing is. I hope supply and demand eludes you for years to come.
PsiDroid
View Profile
Inner circle
2164 Posts

Profile of PsiDroid
If I ever was a disbeliever in trends and patterns in life

I have now changed my mind: what all of these last thread in just two days ??

a video from eshla: then all this obsession about arce cavalli iain showing the goods

now this quote :

Devin knight according to that quote of yours creates A LOT: then probably going by your quote he has no balls to perform

and as mr.Knight many others

don think this is a true thing !!
ryesteve
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of ryesteve
Quote:
On 2010-05-25 15:58, Paul.W wrote:
what are your thoughts?

I'm thinking that I'm surprised this sort of trollish comment didn't come from someone with a single-digit post count.
MentalistCreationLab
View Profile
Inner circle
1528 Posts

Profile of MentalistCreationLab
I don't think it true either. Bob Cassidy come to mind as well as others who perform with regularity and also create. Test Condition of Mentalism by Bob Cassidy come to mind as a case in point.

Psi Droid PM me?
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
If you put the word "some" at the beginning of your quote it would make sense. As it stands, it is a patently false - and ridiculous - generalization.

Good thoughts,

Bob Cassidy
Paul.W
View Profile
Veteran user
338 Posts

Profile of Paul.W
Im sorry, you are right.
I meant and should have written some.

I speak 4 languages hard to multithink ( if that makes sence)

Paul
Dick Christian
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Virginia (Metro DC)
2619 Posts

Profile of Dick Christian
Your comment is not only a patently false generalization, but betrays a lack of knowledge and experience.
Dick Christian
Chris K
View Profile
Inner circle
2544 Posts

Profile of Chris K
Quote:
On 2010-05-25 16:18, Paul.W wrote:
Im sorry, you are right.
I meant and should have written some.

I speak 4 languages hard to multithink ( if that makes sence)

Paul

Well, no, it really doesn't, since you asked. The addition of the word "some" changes the entire meaning of the quote. You meant exactly what you said, now you are trying to back-track.

People are idiots. No, wait...

SOME people are idiots.

Now isn't that the truth?
PsiDroid
View Profile
Inner circle
2164 Posts

Profile of PsiDroid
Paul lets accept you meant SOME as mr.Cassidy suggested you

then your quote for a whole other reason : is still adding or taking away nothing

if I say SOME old people are dumb: SOME females are !@#$%y: SOME dogs are aggressive

then what ??

I am bound to be right SOME of the time

so your question has no sense to me ??
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
Paul,

I want to believe your question was made in good faith and not following the latest frenzy here on the Cafè...

However, do you realize that the irony is (as PsiDroid posted above) that if you say ALL is of course false and if you say SOME it has to be true in EVERY field of human endeavor to a certain extent?
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
LOTH-

My thoughts exactly. The statement preceded by "some" makes sense but also makes it a banal, and pointless, observation.

Good thoughts,

Bob
mysticz
View Profile
Special user
D.C. metro area
680 Posts

Profile of mysticz
How about:

People who have no balls to perform should understand that many of the better performing magician/mentalists often are the most creative ones.

Joe Z.
Joe Zabel
"Psychic Sorcery"

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

-- Shakespeare's Hamlet I.v. 174-175
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Quote:
On 2010-05-25 15:58, Paul.W wrote:
Helllooo

Here is a quote I shared with many magicians/ mentalist.
I know it does not have to do with anything in penny for your thoughts...
But I thought some of you might like it.

" People who create are people who have no balls to perform"

what are your thoughts?

Paul.W

WOW, there should be an age limit for the Café. Only a kid who still lives with their partents would make a dumb statment like that.

Paul, I think it is time to come out of your bedroom because your mommy is calling you for supper.

Ray
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
The first one that popped into my head was Maven. Let's see, he has probably put out more magic, mentalism, articles and books than many combined efforts of others. BUT he has performed on practically every TV station in the world and travels the world performing.

And then I thought, "Hmmm... I can say the same about Paul Harris, Jay Sankey, David Regal, Aldo Colombini, Dan Harlan, Shoot Ogawa, Bob Kohler, Daryl, Fantasio, Paul Diamond, Ammar, John Riggs, Ted K, Larry Becker, Lee Earle, Andy Nyman, Docc Hilford, Osterlind,..." And then I realized I didn't have enough time to name all the guys that not only create, but are fantastic performers.

I'm starting to think there's some sort of internal jealousy going on with people that can't create anything. They have to put down those that do. It's a shame. Without these creators most of these guys wouldn't have an act.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
RLFrame
View Profile
Elite user
447 Posts

Profile of RLFrame
"People who create are people who have no balls to perform"

Does anyone even suspect that this is even remotely true outside of magic/mentalism? Or are these arts fundamentally different than other performance arts?

I'm thinking Andrew Lloyd Weber, Steve Sondheim, as well numerous screenwriters, playwrights, songwriters, and choreographers and the list could go on and on. There are a lots of creative people in the world who may not like or might not be suited to perform and who are greatly appreciated for what they do nonetheless.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
It may not make it into the quote hall of fame. Smile

J
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
I have an explanation for why all these strange threads have started to grow like weeds....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvUwYh1hH38
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2105 Posts

Profile of yachanin
My thought on the quote:

Regards, Steve
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » My quote... any thoughts? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL