The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Magical Contradiction (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

foreva.infiniti
View Profile
Regular user
6 Posts a + a 6 Posts =
116 Posts

Profile of foreva.infiniti
Do you think someone who perfroms the miser's dream can ask for tips? If money can be produced from your fingertips how can you honestly ask for tips? Wouldn't that let them knowthat you are not as magical as you claim to be?
Colors are Foreva. Numbers are Infinite. 4 every number there's a color. HEY! Eternity! Lets smoke a beer and drink some loud. But wait! I heard you was a six a plus a 6 ahhhh.
The Great Zoobini
View Profile
Elite user
Boulder, Colorado
443 Posts

Profile of The Great Zoobini
Uh...no?
Meet you in Busker Alley Smile
TristanBuckley
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of TristanBuckley
That's why I avoid money tricks. I feel like at a subconscious level, even if they realize it's a trick, money tricks give people the impression that you don't need money from them.

That said, I've seen them used to great effect by buskers. James James has a video up where he does a bill switch to lead into his hat lines. I don't know how it effects his hats, but he's more experienced than I am by a long shot, so my advice would be to avoid it, but also to take my advice with a grain of salt.
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3149 Posts

Profile of gaddy
I've always thought that the miser's dream should end with a flash load or a confetti load and a disappearance of all the coins.

It's a dream after all, right?

The miser doesn't really get the money, it's an illusion...
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
ray raymond
View Profile
Veteran user
329 Posts

Profile of ray raymond
Ahh well put.
Luis Vega
View Profile
New user
Leon Guanajuato Mexico
74 Posts

Profile of Luis Vega
Quote:
On 2010-05-25 22:13, gaddy wrote:
I've always thought that the miser's dream should end with a flash load or a confetti load and a disappearance of all the coins.

that´s really a good point!!
foreva.infiniti
View Profile
Regular user
6 Posts a + a 6 Posts =
116 Posts

Quote:

To b even mo technical, if tha money disappeared wuddnt it b tha miser's nightmare? all that work...
Colors are Foreva. Numbers are Infinite. 4 every number there's a color. HEY! Eternity! Lets smoke a beer and drink some loud. But wait! I heard you was a six a plus a 6 ahhhh.
eddierush
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of eddierush
Excellent idea gaddy (that must be why you're in the inner circle)! I perform the miser's dream to attract my crowd (very effective) but I never though about transforming the coins into something non-monetary.

This is why I love interacting with fellow magicians - we can inspire and strengthen each other.
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic
http://magiceddie.wordpress.com
http://friendsofthemagi.org
ray raymond
View Profile
Veteran user
329 Posts

Profile of ray raymond
Money from the finger tips? I have never seen Morgans in circulation. I really don't think Laypeople come to that conclusion. Or diffuse that beliefe by using a line at the end of the routine. " If I could really do that would I be here?"
Pokie-Poke
View Profile
Special user
Bensalem, PA
883 Posts

Profile of Pokie-Poke
The few times I did this I started with misers dream, into a chop cup bit with the same cup and balled up bill (borrowed and returned) and in the end end up with nothing. so it works out in the end.
www.pokie-poke.com
The Adventure cont...
TheGiz
View Profile
Veteran user
334 Posts

Profile of TheGiz
Years ago John Lenehan did a misers dream on the sreets and ended up dumping the bucket and the coins had all vanished. That would make a great time to make a pitch.
http://blackbeltmagician.com

"And it's a good thing I only use my power for good!!!"
SilvaAce
View Profile
Regular user
Fargo, ND
156 Posts

Profile of SilvaAce
Quote:
On 2010-05-25 16:12, foreva.infiniti wrote:
Do you think someone who perfroms the miser's dream can ask for tips? If money can be produced from your fingertips how can you honestly ask for tips? Wouldn't that let them knowthat you are not as magical as you claim to be?

You can ask for tips, just let them know you don't need change for laundry!
All you have to do to change your life, is to change your daily habits!

Carlos Silva
foreva.infiniti
View Profile
Regular user
6 Posts a + a 6 Posts =
116 Posts

Or maybe you can give them a hat line saying sumthin like: if you do decide to tip folks just rememba I hav plenty of change, besides folding money is easier to carry.
Joackes
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of Joackes
THX!!

I have been thinking the last few days when practecing Misers Dream, that could't you use this more often, and specially on the street. From the few videos and real life performence I have never seen Missers Dream been done while busking, but apperantly it's doable.

I really like the idea with make the coins disappear at the end and finnish with something like, sadly this is just a dream, but you can help me make it real, and then you pass the object you used for misers dream, a hat or a bucket or whatever.
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved to Seattle to see
1162 Posts

Profile of imgic
Quote:
On 2010-05-26 07:29, foreva.infiniti wrote:
Quote:

To b even mo technical, if tha money disappeared wuddnt it b tha miser's nightmare? all that work...

I avoid using the "common" magical name of my effects...I would never reference the term "miser's dream" (or nightmare) during a performance. Just like I never say it's the "Crazy man's handcuff's" or any other name of an effect. First, I find it awkward to fit into my patter. Second, it makes it just a bit harder for somebody to go home and google the effect and find a reveal video on YouTube.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1910 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
I think your just over analyzing. There is no reason you can't have a bucket of money and still collect tips ... change your mentality: people aren't giving you a hand-out because your desperately broke and need their help.

-JoeJoe
Amazing JoeJoe on YouTube[url=https://www.youtube.com/user/AmazingJoeJoe]
magicman1
View Profile
Inner circle
1183 Posts

Profile of magicman1
I close the misers dream with (performing for children) "and you know if you take these coins to the bank, the person gives you these in return" and produce (palmed) spring bills.

Don
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Magical Contradiction (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL