The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Magic on Craig Ferguson (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
ropeadope
View Profile
Elite user
Mississippi
453 Posts

Profile of ropeadope
A regular routine with the ZOMBIE, in Vegas? Got to be kidding me!

Loved Jamy!!

Looking forward to Ed Alonzo tonight.

Have fun!

John
Nothing is better than more.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Very nice!
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
What I think is more historic is that a Jamy Ian Swiss Bumped a Comic!! That has to be revolutionary on television.
Leppy
View Profile
Regular user
Eden Prairie, MN
161 Posts

Profile of Leppy
Bumping the comic is great, however, I heard that Johhny Carson used to use the same excuse if the next guest wasn't there and ready to perform on time. Either way, I only wish I could watch Jamy more...
atucci
View Profile
Veteran user
Middleburg, Florida
381 Posts

Profile of atucci
Quote:
On 2010-06-04 09:50, doceason wrote:
Softer and more congenial than Letterman, Fergusen is a delightful audience.

Major home run for Mr Swiss. Hooray!

Have to agree with Doc.

Like Penn & Teller have always been when they were on Letterman, Jamy wasn't intimidated by his surrounding or host, was able to keep the comments going back to Fergusen and was prepared for anything!

He was prepared with material that had him in that awkward guest chair, half turned to the audience, half turned to the host. He was familiar with Fergusen's type of humor and background so was prepared to verbally send back anything that Craig threw his way.

Next I'd like to see him give Letterman a shot.
Tony Tuccillo

Middleburg, Florida
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2328 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Jamy Ian Swiss showed how it ought to be done.

True that Craig Ferguson doesn't have the same reputation for being "adversarial" that Letterman has, but it was great to see how relaxed and humorous Jamy was in his presentation .
Cohiba
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
749 Posts

Profile of Cohiba
Zombie guys - painful.

Swiss - brilliant!
What are the odds of Craig naming the 9D during a performance on national television?!? That's a jazz you always hope for - sweet it happened when the cameras were rolling!
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
Quote:
On 2010-06-05 21:16, Cohiba wrote:
Zombie guys - painful.

Swiss - brilliant!
What are the odds of Craig naming the 9D during a performance on national television?!? That's a jazz you always hope for - sweet it happened when the cameras were rolling!

52 to one. But what are the odds that the next card named would be the 4 of clubs?
ropeadope
View Profile
Elite user
Mississippi
453 Posts

Profile of ropeadope
A normally good performance by Ed Alonzo. Great to see a late night host like Ferguson working WITH the magician rather than trying to complicate the performance. Doubt if Letterman would have held the duck bucket without trying to peek inside.

Have fun!

John
Nothing is better than more.
Munseys_Magic
View Profile
Special user
520 Posts

Profile of Munseys_Magic
Quote:
On 2010-06-05 23:38, bugjack wrote:
Quote:
Zombie guys - painful.

Swiss - brilliant!

52 to one. But what are the odds that the next card named would be the 4 of clubs?

Actually, the ODDS of Craig naming the 9D is 1 to 51. The PROBABILITY of Craig naming the 9D is 1 to 52. Sorry - it's the math teacher in me coming out. Smile
Jim Munsey
Munsey's Magic
http://www.MunseysMagic.com
Munseys_Magic
View Profile
Special user
520 Posts

Profile of Munseys_Magic
Jamy, thanks for making us all so proud!
Jim Munsey
Munsey's Magic
http://www.MunseysMagic.com
Cohiba
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
749 Posts

Profile of Cohiba
Quote:
On 2010-06-05 23:38, bugjack wrote:
Quote:
Zombie guys - painful.

Swiss - brilliant!

It was a rhetorical question. The 9D is #52 in his stack.
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
I know. And the 4 of Clubs, which was the next card selected by Ferguson, is the first card in that same stack.
The One
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of The One
Now you know the power of Tamariz
I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end...
I came here...
To tell you how this is going to begin.
SWNerndase
View Profile
Regular user
168 Posts

Profile of SWNerndase
Swiss required a cut and an adjustment for the 4C. Meaning he is not using the JT stack. Likely the SA.

SWN
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
Hi SWErdnase -- you know, after I posted I went back and watched the clip again and noted the other card displayed and realized that it didn't fit the JT set up. Good catch. Still, it's a funny coincidence.
Cohiba
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
749 Posts

Profile of Cohiba
He's using the Aronson stack. The 4C was not on top.
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1403 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
It was indeed the Aronson stack. You'll note that the card beneath the Four of Clubs (seen on the DL) is the Eight of Hearts, while the card on the bottom of the deck is the Six of Spades; the two cards which flank the Four of Clubs in the Aronson stack.
It's all in the reflexes.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Magic on Craig Ferguson (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL