The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Showdown Wallet by Outlaw Effects (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Hi Roth, I PMd you on my paypal order details, best, Bob
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
todsky
View Profile
Inner circle
www.magicstore.ca
2355 Posts

Profile of todsky
My wallet arrived with a small tear on the inside material, and Rick offered to replace the wallet for me. Now that's good customer service!
Todsky's Magic Shop: over 15,000 tricks, books, DVD s and Card decks. www.magicstore.ca
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5485 Posts

Profile of RNK
Anybody that has this and the Serpentine Wallet from Docc, can you comment- I have the Serpentine wallet and was wandering about comparing the two. If you have both wallets can you comment on the additional features of the SD as opposed to the Serpentine wallet?

Thanks- RNK
RCP
View Profile
Inner circle
Two Minnie's in The Hell's Half Acre, The Republic of Texas
2158 Posts

Profile of RCP
The long, long wait is over! Showdown came and YES, it was worth the wait. Its beautiful, well designed and is the new standard. It's easy to forget Outlaw isn't Murphy's. One fills orders quickly, the other provides miracles not available anywhere else.
AlluTallu
View Profile
Veteran user
Finland
396 Posts

Profile of AlluTallu
After 33 weeks (231 days) the wait is finally over! Just received my wallet and I'm very happy with it Smile I hope that next time I order from Outlaw, the products are shipped a little faster though Smile

-Aleksi Hietanen
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2010-08-30 18:04, RCP wrote:
The long, long wait is over! Showdown came and YES, it was worth the wait. Its beautiful, well designed and is the new standard. It's easy to forget Outlaw isn't Murphy's. One fills orders quickly, the other provides miracles not available anywhere else.

Thanks guys for hangin in there Smile

We shipped a bunch last week and the week before and we're shipping a bunch more this week.
If yer still waiting, they are shipping again.

Nice to finally have these in stock again.

-Rick
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
RCP
View Profile
Inner circle
Two Minnie's in The Hell's Half Acre, The Republic of Texas
2158 Posts

Profile of RCP
Quote:
On 2010-08-30 18:20, AlluTallu wrote:
After 33 weeks (231 days) the wait is finally over! Just received my wallet and I'm very happy with it Smile I hope that next time I order from Outlaw, the products are shipped a little faster though Smile

-Aleksi Hietanen

Don't let this experience scare you off. New products have there on issues. Showdown was the worst as waits went. I think you will agree it was worth it. Chances are you will never encounter another person using an Outlaw Effect where you live.
AlluTallu
View Profile
Veteran user
Finland
396 Posts

Profile of AlluTallu
Yes, It was definitely worth the wait - After some toying around with it I have alredy fallen in love with this wallet Smile You are right, I haven't heard of anyone else who uses Outlaw stuff here in Finland - and I'm very happy about that since it makes me feel that my wallet is complitely unique Smile
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2010-08-31 08:01, AlluTallu wrote:
Yes, It was definitely worth the wait - After some toying around with it I have alredy fallen in love with this wallet Smile You are right, I haven't heard of anyone else who uses Outlaw stuff here in Finland - and I'm very happy about that since it makes me feel that my wallet is completely unique Smile

Thank you for the kind words, I know you waited a long long time.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Knarild
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of Knarild
Happy you AlluTallu. You finally got it. And you have waited longer than me. Fair that you got it before me. I am still waiting.
AlluTallu
View Profile
Veteran user
Finland
396 Posts

Profile of AlluTallu
Quote:
On 2010-09-07 02:29, Knarild wrote:
Happy you AlluTallu. You finally got it. And you have waited longer than me. Fair that you got it before me. I am still waiting.

Thanks Smile I'm sure you will fall in love with your SD as soon as it arrives! Hang in there mate!

All the best,

Aleksi
Knarild
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of Knarild
Got it! Playing with it. Thinking about what to put into it. How to use it to max impact. How to not misuse it or over-use it. This wallet really has possibilities! Obviously a lot of thought went into the design. All the details...Really a good job.

Best regards

Knut A.
Oslo
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2852 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
My Showdown Wallet showed up at last! Like everyone else I’ve patiently waited for it to arrive and I am really excited it is finally here.

I have been a diehard Hideout Wallet fan since first receiving mine last year. Initial reasons for this included the excellent workmanship and style of the wallet. Before even considering the features and effects possible, I’d always wanted a quality hip pocket billfold designed like the ones I’ve carried all of my adult life.

Both The Hideout and The Showdown achieve this goal with flying colors. With either one, I am taking out my wallet and I believe this communicates a very important subtext to audiences in an indirect and subtle manner.

As far as features and effects go, The Showdown Wallet is already stimulating many ideas. Rick and Ran have created something truly unique. There are aspects I can best describe as reminiscent of an M.C. Escher painting! One moment you are going “up the stairs” then somehow, without changing direction, you are going down. I know that is an odd analogy but owners will get what I mean.

I even got “lost” for a moment in The Showdown (in a good way) as I examined it. And just as I was thinking it would be interesting to have one more pocket, lo and behold, it appeared before me!

I have a set routine established with The Hideout but to do it I have to sacrifice a pet effect. No longer! With The Showdown I can add this effect and in a way that is actually simpler and more deceptive than any other wallet I’ve owned.

There is only one downside. I want to get my Showdown in proper working order, spend quality time mastering the set up that best meets my needs and come back with a thorough review in the near future. But, alas, this isn’t meant to be.

Next Thursday I return to the hospital for further surgery, this time far more complex. The inpatient time alone is much longer, around three weeks. And the recovery after that requires considerably more time and work. On the positive side, the operation will eliminate the risk of paralysis that has entered the equation and has a 70% chance of getting rid of the pain the last surgery failed to relieve.

I think it is a tribute to the brilliance of The Showdown Wallet, as well as a sign of my obsession with mentalism, that despite all of the above I’m annoyed I have to postpone setting up and learning to use it! Rick and Ran, congratulations on a job well done.
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2048 Posts

Profile of aligator
Take care Bill and good luck with your surgery. You are one of the good guys.
justcookin
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of justcookin
Thank you for your insight on the wallet - I've been thinking of replacing my SAW with this one. I wish you the best of luck with your surgery.
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2852 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
Thanks for the good wishes folks, both on the thread and via PM. And it is my pleasure to share my initial observations about The Showdown Wallet.

Let's just make sure we keep this thread on track! I realized after I posted that I risked getting things off track which wasn't my intent. So now that more people are Showdown owners, let's talk about how we are using, or intending to use, this wonderful wallet.
brehan
View Profile
Special user
holland
640 Posts

Profile of brehan
Guys does the wallet come with routines doccs serpent came with it
And I like to know if showdown is a good investment?
Thanks brehan
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2852 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
If I understand your question correctly you are asking if any routines come with The Showdown. If so, the answer is yes. I think 5 routines are included and I believe there is or will be a forum for owners to share additional ideas and routines. Of course the routines are different than the ones that come with the Serpent because The Showdwon is a completely different wallet. Coincidentally, they both start off with a serial number divination!

As far as value, I received my Showdown in trade for writing and editing I had done for Rick so I want to be upfront about that. Also for features I suggested and brainstormed with him for this and other products he has released.

With that out of the way, I believe The Showdown is a good value for the money. I've paid more for a lot less.

First off, it is a high quality wallet and like I mentioned above, I'll be carrying it evey day as my "normal" wallet. Even before I began exploring wallets to use in mentalism I was always very picky about the wallet I owned. Showdown meets all my criteria in that sense.

Add to that the ingenuity that went into the design and the multitude of functions and effects possible and Showdown is priced more than fairly. You aren't buying an effect or even a few effects; you are purchasing a "hidden in plain sight" mentalism tool that can be used in more ways than I'm sure we even know at this point. I hope that helps answer your questions.
brehan
View Profile
Special user
holland
640 Posts

Profile of brehan
Thanks bill
Its now between lillian or and a showdown
cheers brehan
Btw english is not my first languach sorry for any mistakes
Havens
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
317 Posts

Profile of Havens
I;m looking at buying a mentalism device where I can get a spectator to write on a card or piece of paper, put it in a wallet and clearly see what's been written. I found the Telethought, was lead to the Magnum and have now found my way to the Showdown.

It would also be great to have a wallet where I can put a card in the wallet, peak at it when the wallet's closed then pull the card back out and have it switched for a different card. So to my question, is this the wallet I am looking for?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Showdown Wallet by Outlaw Effects (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL