The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Showdown Wallet by Outlaw Effects (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2010-10-26 17:07, Havens wrote:
I;m looking at buying a mentalism device where I can get a spectator to write on a card or piece of paper, put it in a wallet and clearly see what's been written. I found the Telethought, was lead to the Magnum and have now found my way to the Showdown.

It would also be great to have a wallet where I can put a card in the wallet, peak at it when the wallet's closed then pull the card back out and have it switched for a different card. So to my question, is this the wallet I am looking for?

Showdown is an all'round utility wallet with several functions. It does have a way to put a card in the billfold and close the wallet and peek the card. It does have switching functions and loading functions and PW and swami functions.

If you want a super clean closed wallet peek the Pantera is designed for that.

If you want a full size billfold wallet with several functions the Showdown or Hideout is best.

-Rick
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Havens
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
316 Posts

Profile of Havens
Thanks for the speedy response Rick, do these wallets replace the Magnum as I've heard really good things about these wallets?

At present do you have the Showdown in stock and do you know how long dispatch and shipping to the UK would take?
Anansi
View Profile
Regular user
195 Posts

Profile of Anansi
Hey Mr. Roth,

Check yer PM's would ya!

Still waiting on a response.

Cheers fella,

Anansi
ars est celare artem
MagicTobe
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Profile of MagicTobe
I never owned a gaffed wallet so please be aware that this questions might be very basic:

1. Does this wallet have the same principle as the himber wallet, by that I mean does the wallet have 2 "faces" that look exactly the same.
Since I would use the Outlaw wallet as my everyday wallet how can do you disguise the 2 faces? With that I mean that I do not have 2 driving licences, 2 Identity cards, 2 credit cards etc etc..

2. I have read that It has 8 pockets for billet indexes? I am asking because I would like to perform an effect ("iThought") for which I need to load 10 different billets.

3. What are the main differences to Alkazam's Infinity wallet?

Thank you very much indeed and sorry for my lack of knowledge and terminology.
Havens
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
316 Posts

Profile of Havens
I received this a week or two ago and am so far very impressed. For whatever reason delivery was delayed but Rick sorted this out, Rick always responded to my PMs and upgraded postage to the UK at his own expense to compensate. I would have no qualms ordering from again. I also got a great deal on a Showdown and a Pantera, which I hope to combine for a great effect.

At first I thought "what the hell have I bought, where's the magic?" Which is exactly the point, it's all so normal looking. Then when I delved a little deeper I was totally overwhelmed. Luckily Rick has an excellent PDF that explains all. Don't forget to ask him for this. I have to say this is the nicest wallet I've ever owned and I love carrying such a well made piece of magic around with me everyday, even though I'm not always using it for magic. The wallet is very well made and as my first wallet and I can certainly see how people develop an addiction to these things. It's also more than large enough for UK notes to be entirely concealed in the billfold.

There's so many possibilities with this, the double sided trickiness, the 3M windows, the hidden pockets, the secret load, peak and steal feature. A couple of additions I'd like to see (and this is where the addiction comes in) it would be nice to be able to secretly load an item into a sealed/zipped pocket. The magnet could be a little stronger, as I found once I had a few plastic cards in the wallet it wasn't quite strong enough to keep that section closed. I also found that too many plastic cards can make it hard to close the wallet or can distort it's shape slightly, especially the steal/load peak section, so be sure to distribute them evenly throughout each section.

Overall this comes highly recommended, I can't wait to use it in my set. It's also one of the those things that has to be incorporated and performed discretely, you can't go "hey look at my magic wallet" even though it's very tempting to do so.

I would also like to know what the differences are between this and the Infinity wallet, if the effects advertised for Alakazam's product can easily be done with the Showdown and which the wallet addicts prefer.
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2010-11-28 18:08, Havens wrote:
I received this a week or two ago and am so far very impressed. For whatever reason delivery was delayed but Rick sorted this out, Rick always responded to my PMs and upgraded postage to the UK at his own expense to compensate. I would have no qualms ordering from again. I also got a great deal on a Showdown and a Pantera, which I hope to combine for a great effect.

At first I thought "what the hell have I bought, where's the magic?" Which is exactly the point, it's all so normal looking. Then when I delved a little deeper I was totally overwhelmed. Luckily Rick has an excellent PDF that explains all. Don't forget to ask him for this. I have to say this is the nicest wallet I've ever owned and I love carrying such a well made piece of magic around with me everyday, even though I'm not always using it for magic. The wallet is very well made and as my first wallet and I can certainly see how people develop an addiction to these things. It's also more than large enough for UK notes to be entirely concealed in the billfold.

There's so many possibilities with this, the double sided trickiness, the 3M windows, the hidden pockets, the secret load, peak and steal feature. A couple of additions I'd like to see (and this is where the addiction comes in) it would be nice to be able to secretly load an item into a sealed/zipped pocket. The magnet could be a little stronger, as I found once I had a few plastic cards in the wallet it wasn't quite strong enough to keep that section closed. I also found that too many plastic cards can make it hard to close the wallet or can distort it's shape slightly, especially the steal/load peak section, so be sure to distribute them evenly throughout each section.

Overall this comes highly recommended, I can't wait to use it in my set. It's also one of the those things that has to be incorporated and performed discretely, you can't go "hey look at my magic wallet" even though it's very tempting to do so.

I would also like to know what the differences are between this and the Infinity wallet, if the effects advertised for Alakazam's product can easily be done with the Showdown and which the wallet addicts prefer.

Thank you!

I can only tell you guys that the Showdown is the only Sho-Gun style wallet (double sided) made and advertised, where the horizontal pockets can be displayed normal no matter which billfold is up. That is an Outlaw design.

SD owners will know what I mean Shhhh... Smile

-Rick
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
mywords4u
View Profile
Regular user
New Zealand
153 Posts

Profile of mywords4u
I've had mine for a couple of weeks too and I must admit, even though this is my first gimmicked wallet, this is a great wallet.

I have to admit though that the construction would've been a little better. I already had to do a couple of minor repairs such as reattaching the magnet. One of the pocket was a little torn so I had to repair it as well.

Overall it's a very good wallet.
tkahng
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of tkahng
I was a little unsure about this wallet. I prefer the simple peek only wallets, such as the magnum.

Currently I own both the magnum and pantera, and since the magnum is out of production it stays in my safe Smile
and the pantera, well its not anywhere near the magnum overall.
so got me thinking about the showdown.

a good friend (or Hyung >¤±<) sent me the pdf manual of the showdown, telling me it will make me reconsider.
and it did. just reading the manual, could not help but press the order button!!!!

so here I am eagerly waiting on the showdown, trying to digest all that there is on the manual til it comes.
Havens
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
316 Posts

Profile of Havens
Quote:
On 2010-11-28 20:20, mywords4u wrote:
I've had mine for a couple of weeks too and I must admit, even though this is my first gimmicked wallet, this is a great wallet.

I have to admit though that the construction would've been a little better. I already had to do a couple of minor repairs such as reattaching the magnet. One of the pocket was a little torn so I had to repair it as well.

Overall it's a very good wallet.

At first I thought the lining wasn't the best choice as far as quality but I can see why it's a practical choice for its purpose. Agree about the magnet though it should make it easy to replace for a stronger type if required.

Would be interesting to hear how the Showdown compares to the Magnum, as it was researching the Magnum and the great reviews it received that lead me to the Showdown. Also glad to see this thread has been reinvigorated.
MAGIC325
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of MAGIC325
Here's the Lowdown on the Showdown. It's a diabolical tour de force. It's gaffed big time, and can be used for p**ks, sw**ching, etc. Even CTW.

As an owner of a bunch of wallets, I'm particularly pleased that it pretty much looks like a regular wallet worn by men in the U.S. in their hip pockets. I have some wallets (e.g., Himbers) that are very long (for the breast pocket), and most people (at least in U.S.) don't use such wallets. As a result, for those of you who don't want "heat" on the wallet (unless you're using a fire wallet), this one fits the bill.

Please note that you must closely study the wallet before using it in public; otherwise, it will fool even you.
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Still working on the DL even after made
2100 Posts

Profile of Failed Magician
Does this have magnets to "seal" the part or it's like Infinity Wallet?

Thanks.
Magic comes through perception. -HS
mywords4u
View Profile
Regular user
New Zealand
153 Posts

Profile of mywords4u
Quote:
On 2011-06-11 13:18, Failed Magician wrote:
Does this have magnets to "seal" the part or it's like Infinity Wallet?

Thanks.

If I understand correctly, yes it does.
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Still working on the DL even after made
2100 Posts

Profile of Failed Magician
Ok thanks, coz in the demo it doesn't show if it does.
Magic comes through perception. -HS
Rory111
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of Rory111
Love the Magic Café..... After reading, reading and reading....and reading... You guys helped me decide my wallet purchase... Now I anxiously await the arrival of MY Showdown wallet. I will return to share my two cents once it comes in. Again, thank you all!
maps
View Profile
Inner circle
1122 Posts

Profile of maps
My SD came but in the box there is only a wallet.No manual/instructions of any sort.Does your comes with any instructions of any kind?
the heart is where the magic begins
Visit my website
[www.mascotsandpuppets.com]
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
That's correct. You need to email Outlaw Effects and they will send the PDF.
theinternetguru
View Profile
Elite user
I hacked the Café but I still only have
426 Posts

Profile of theinternetguru
I purchased a Showdown wallet a couple months ago, and I cannot commend the purchase highly enough. It's a beautiful wallet (as an everyday wallet, I mean -- and this is now the only wallet I carry), extremely well made, and looks completely innocent. The peeks are well designed, though I rarely use the inside peek. The wallet is built for easy loading, and even works reasonably well with a card to wallet. (You have to position it on the pocket in a special way for that, but it works well.)

The shogun effect was the main pull for me. I do the one-ahead mentalism routine with a borrowed bill in the PDF, and it's solid. I do Heirloom with this (there is plenty of room for the props), and after producing the photo/letter, can show the wallet completely empty. Having the ability to carry a wallet which can itself offer several diverse effects (and can comfortably contain several others) is terrific for impromptu requests.

Get this wallet.
TonyBrand
View Profile
Elite user
Chicago, IL
490 Posts

Profile of TonyBrand
I received my Showdown a few days ago. The first thing that stood out was the attention to detail and superior craftsmanship. Having owned several peek wallets, I can truly say that this is second to none. Another excellent product by the folks at Outlaw Effects. Thank you, Ran and Rick; this is the only wallet I will be using moving foward. The possibilities are truly endless!

HIGHLY recommended.
boydy
View Profile
Special user
Ayrshire, Scotland
861 Posts

Profile of boydy
Just curious, how long did your wallets take to arrive?
TonyBrand
View Profile
Elite user
Chicago, IL
490 Posts

Profile of TonyBrand
The wallet was shipped to me within a week.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Showdown Wallet by Outlaw Effects (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL