The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Luna Park and Todd Robbins (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

handa
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, PA
1357 Posts

Profile of handa
If you haven't caught info on the soft opening of the new Luna Park, Todd has been all over the airwaves doing promotion for LP this weekend.

My daughter came running down the steps shouting "DADDY! TODD ROBBINS IS ON TV!" in response to his segment on The Early Show. Since she's five and usually reserves this level of enthusiasm for something on The Disney Channel, I'm pretty pleased with her response. She is really going to confuse the social workers when she starts Kindergarten this August.

It was also an elegant and well-presented segment no less than typical for Mr. Robbins.

Chris
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Thanks Chris. This was a less than satisfactory TV effort for me. First off, I got a call from a segment producer on the show. He had a laundry list of acts he wanted to present. He wanted aerialist, contortionist, stilt walker/juggler, Harley doing something and me talking (and eating fire and swallowing swords). I asked if it would be multiple segements. He told me is would a single segment...two minutes long. And he wanted vendors from Coney Island handing out popcorn, cotton candy and hot dogs. I replied that all the talent was AFTRA, so they would have to be paid, even though this is a "news" show (the old ploy to get free performance. That put an end to the laundry list, they didn't want to pay. So I agreed to come on and do fire and swords to promote the park. He still wanted the vendors, but the park didn't have anything mobile, so they agreed to send over popcorn and cotton candy. I got a couple of performers to come with me to help out and was promised air time for. That didn't happen, so I now owe these guys big time. And I had to jump through hoops to get B roll for the show, and they didn't use it.

So, it was a rushed spot with the anchor calling me Tony. But CBS was happy, and there was mention of Luna Park, so what the hell.
The Curator of the Unusual
View Profile
Inner circle
Tampa FL
1399 Posts

Profile of The Curator of the Unusual
Todd,
Not to get off topic...But did the Savior arrive???...(Yet)....
You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself.
Evel Knievel

DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Here is a link to the story on CBS. You'll have to watch the add first...(ding)

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=6......tentBody

I'll see you June 26th Todd in Coney Island.Hope you and Phineas have time for breakfast at Westend one morning that week end...on me of course.

Later,Don
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
The savior is nowhere to be found. Just a bunch of cars parked on that lot. His show never looked better.

Don,
I look forward to seeing you again. I'm up for breakfast.
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Don,
On 6/26 Johnny Fox will be working Luna Park. We will have fun out there.
handa
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, PA
1357 Posts

Profile of handa
Wow...typical behind the scenes with media, just on a macro scale.

We were a part of a local "media event" last week for another amusement park that fell short of the mark in our eyes. Fortunatley, the correct info was communicated sans all of the backstories and other footage provided that day. No info about the organization or the individuals either responsible for the event or attending it, which was the letdown.

I either walked into the room after the "Tony" reference or it went right by me while I was watching. Katie was pretty excited to see the segment, so I had her in my ear most of the time as well. Fortunately, your presence made it look a lot less like the cat-wrangling that happened behind the scenes and it looked a lot better overall than the Arthur Murray dance spot that followed.

It took a while to find the new luna park website. They have a partial list of entertainers and events. Nice lineup so far!

http://www.lunaparknyc.com/

Chris
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2582 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
And who is this Luna Park? Is she related to Rosa Parks?
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
MagiciennesUnlimited
View Profile
Regular user
of the phrase 'Bite Me'.
197 Posts

Profile of MagiciennesUnlimited
Quote:
On 2010-05-30 11:02, thegreatnippulini wrote:

HA!
Sia Synn
www.siasynn.com

"Pain solves everything" -Russ Fox's T-Shirt
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Quote:
On 2010-05-30 11:02, thegreatnippulini wrote:

What?
Luna refused to sit in the back with the Buskers?
Doctor Mythsonian
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of Doctor Mythsonian
TONY!? Infidel.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Luna Park and Todd Robbins (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL