The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Miller Self Sawing Illusion (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Rich Hill
View Profile
Regular user
Nashville, Indiana USA
166 Posts

Profile of Rich Hill
The debut of Curt Miller's Self Sawing Illusion (built by Dan Summers) in Houston was great! Anybody get to see it? Outstanding routine, outstanding illusion!
Rich Hill
<BR>www.richhillsillusionshop.com
Fabricem
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of Fabricem
I'm also waiting for some news like you
Rich,
someone can say more ?
a short description or any video or pics?
thanks.
Rich Hill
View Profile
Regular user
Nashville, Indiana USA
166 Posts

Profile of Rich Hill
I actually worked the show with Curt Miller. The Illusion was an outstanding success. It is truly baffling. Curt did a comedy routine set to Silent Movies style music, and the routine was complete with flappers and strobe lighting...kind of a Buster Keaton thing. He saws himself in half in a standing position, and then his legs are on a rolling dolly, and they get away from him. The routine was filled with several TA DA moments and lots of comedy. Bravo Curt! No video or pics available yet - it is possible that it will be released to the magic community sometime in the future. Curt is a member here, so you might check in with him about it!
Rich Hill
<BR>www.richhillsillusionshop.com
CurtMiller
View Profile
New user
Houston
15 Posts

Profile of CurtMiller
Great thanks to everyone who came out to see our big illusion show at The Hobby Center for the Performing Arts on May 28-29. We sold over 800 tickets (almost all of which were orchestra seats), and all three shows were great fun. This was the first magic show to appear at The Hobby Center, so we went to great lengths deliver a big, entertaining show. Special set pieces were made to take advantage of the theatre, and we world-premiered “The Miller Self-Sawing,” a cool new original illusion developed by me (Curt Miller) and Dan Summers. I will more than likely be performing this illusion at the Houston Museum of Natural Science from August 16-29, so if you missed the Hobby Center show, you can catch it then. Thanks again, everyone!

Here are some pictures:
http://picasaweb.google.com/CurtMillerMagician
"Magic + Comedy = Entertainment!"
http://www.curtmiller.com
Fabricem
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of Fabricem
Thanks Mr. Miller( it's a really nice effect)
Do you think we can see this illusion on the market soon ?
illusionman2
View Profile
Special user
992 Posts

Profile of illusionman2
Quote:
On 2010-06-09 01:20, CurtMiller wrote:
Great thanks to everyone who came out to see our big illusion show at The Hobby Center for the Performing Arts on May 28-29. We sold over 800 tickets (almost all of which were orchestra seats), and all three shows were great fun. This was the first magic show to appear at The Hobby Center, so we went to great lengths deliver a big, entertaining show. Special set pieces were made to take advantage of the theatre, and we world-premiered “The Miller Self-Sawing,” a cool new original illusion developed by me (Curt Miller) and Dan Summers. I will more than likely be performing this illusion at the Houston Museum of Natural Science from August 16-29, so if you missed the Hobby Center show, you can catch it then. Thanks again, everyone!

Here are some pictures:
http://picasaweb.google.com/CurtMillerMagician

It appears the top half does not slide over as in other versions. Any way to get a blow-by-blow description of the illusion. With the black pants and black background and my dark monitor it is hard to tell what is going on in the bottom half.
GRMAGIC
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of GRMAGIC
Does anyone know if there is a Video clip of this illusion yet? or know what date it will be on the market for sale?
w_s_anderson
View Profile
Inner circle
The United States
1221 Posts

Profile of w_s_anderson
Contact Mr. Summers directly about them.
CurtMiller
View Profile
New user
Houston
15 Posts

Profile of CurtMiller
Hi Guys. The Miller Self-Sawing is not yet for sale, and (unfortunately), I have not set a date for release as of yet. Because this is a brand new illusion, I have been very buy working out all of the bugs. The preliminary response from the audience was fantastic at our big shows at The Hobby Center. Again, I know the magic community is anxious to see this, but I don't want to release it before it's ready. Dan Summers was instrumental in the design and will be the exclusive builder for me. In the meantime, please feel free to call me at 713-721-6618. My email is curt@curtmiller.com
"Magic + Comedy = Entertainment!"
http://www.curtmiller.com
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3640 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
Hi Curt,

Sent you pm RE. another topic.

Blair
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Miller Self Sawing Illusion (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL