The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Sawing in half input (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Star_magic
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of Star_magic
Have an idea of a comic routine for sawing a slightly large gentleman in half. Any good well-proven methods out there that you guys know about that would work better than others? Looking for an effect where you split the 2 halves, and not "just" the saw through middle version.

Have some ideas as how to design a prop, but would prefer something that has been out there, and tested. To hopefully save some headache down the road.

Thank you so much in advance!
Kyle^Ravin
View Profile
Inner circle
I slammed my head against
1070 Posts

Profile of Kyle^Ravin
Dan Sperry might have something Similar. Try contacting him!
Chris Stolz
View Profile
Inner circle
Mississauga, Ontario
1957 Posts

Profile of Chris Stolz
How about a modern art but instead of the table, use a wood mirror crate. THat should give plenty of room while keeping it surroundable. Also check out Andrew Mayne's idea with the cardboard boxes as well.
reedrc
View Profile
Inner circle
1348 Posts

Profile of reedrc
Or. . . Maybe a table slanted at at 45 degree angle. Similar to something you'd see at a mortician's office, something simple looking , brushed metal / clean. maybe even a drain at the bottom. No box. Cover the guy with a green cloth or blue (similar to surgery?) the table can be rotated flat or at a 45 Degree angle. Maybe the guy is strapped in with heavy leather straps. (so his parts don't slide off of the table. ) You can rotate the table flat. Maybe have some oversized BIG-ARSE surgical blades (like really large) and you stick them together where he'd Separate. User another thinner/ longer surgical blade or circular saw of matching saw him in half.
Rotate table at 45 degree angle again - and the table can separate into two halves. Fairly simple principles displayed in an interesting way - reverse the process - and whole again - Just my first thoughts on what you've asked.
Kind Regards

Ryan C. Reed
Founder, Illusion Entertainment

designer, director, theatrical consultant, digital wizard, magic impresario, wonder aficionado, Illusioneer & dream architect.

Instagram
Facebook
Star_magic
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of Star_magic
Thanks guys for some really vaulable input. It is very highly appreciated Smile
w_s_anderson
View Profile
Inner circle
The United States
1221 Posts

Profile of w_s_anderson
I perform a modern art that looks like a tall shipping crate, but with an added effect. When the top is split I start doing pull-ups inside the box showing a complete seperation of the torso from the legs the effect is similiar to Andrew Maynes "in Half" only that there are no angle problems and the prop can spin around 360 degrees. I most recently performed this at a show in Las Vegas and it should be televised nationally sometime this month. Of course if you were using a large individual you would need to build the illusion to suit his size, but the effect would still be the same.
Star_magic
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of Star_magic
Very nice idea!!! SmileSounds original too? Would love to see you perform it. Make sure to let us know when and where to look when it airs.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Sawing in half input (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL