The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Unshop by Devin Knight (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
After revamping the old baby gag into something else. I have now turned my attention to the age old barcode gag, with a very interesting premise:

A new comedy mental effect based on the new term Unshop which means to return something to a store because you bought too much and can't afford it.

The performer invites a male participant to take an imaginary shopping trip. He is told to imagine he has gone to a men's store and is going to buy a new outfit, including a coat, shirt, tie, belt, pants, socks and even shoes. He is told that when he gets to the counter he discovers he bought too much and has to return something to the shelf. The participant decides on an article of clothing to UNSHOP and is given the chance to change his mind. He doesn't tell the performer the article he returned, but not to worry, the performer has an envelope marked RETURNS and says inside is a prediction. He pulls out a large bar code and says this is the barcode for the article (old gag but with a new killer ending). Performer then asks the person what article of clothing he returned. Assume he said, "Pants."

Performer exclaims he was correct insisting that this is the barcode for a pair of pants...finally as a means of self-defense the performer says on the other side is a picture of someone wearing his new outfit, minus the item he returned. Upon turning the barcode over, there is seen a large comical photo of a man wearing a coat, shirt, tie, socks and shoes...however, he is missing the pants. The performers says, "You should have kept the pants!"

This is currently part of my own show and is being released to my compeers in a few weeks.

The card is printed on the same type of plastic stock I used for the Deluxe Baby Gag.

I have had a lot of fun with this one, it is very entertaining always gets a big laugh but still is very mystifying to an audience.

Devin
Miraclemakers
View Profile
Special user
INA
684 Posts

Profile of Miraclemakers
Devin, that's sound's cool and I believe that would be fun to perform......
waiting for the release.....
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Unshop is now ready and shipping. Contact me if interested.

Posted: Jul 23, 2010 4:13pm
-------------------------------------
Here is a video of the effect:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DBCjE5YINY
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Unshop by Devin Knight (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL