The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » The Locked Deck by Zanadu - Help Please (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ggarcia
View Profile
Veteran user
San Antonio Tx
394 Posts

Profile of ggarcia
I purchased the locked deck at a local auction. It came with some picture instructions that for the life of me I can't figure out. Can anyone help me out with this effect?
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Sending you a PM
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
I am certain Scott can help you, but, if you need additional information, feel free to PM me as well. This is a WONDERFUL effect with INSANE possibilities Smile In fact, once Scott does get you sorted, PM me and I will give one effect idea that I think is VERY powerful, and, I have not seen this idea of mine in the literature I have read, which is a considerable amount.

Best,
Vlad

PS: My idea would require you to purchase one other thing which I believe sells for 10.00 at most magic dealers if you don't want to use sleight of hand (and this is the stronger approach ironically. My other approach uses sleight of hand but is in a sense a bit weaker.
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3793 Posts

Profile of Julie
Vlad> your box is full--I, too, would be interested in your routining for the Locked Deck.

Julie
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Quote:
On 2010-06-05 19:05, Julie wrote:
Vlad> your box is full--I, too, would be interested in your routining for the Locked Deck.

Julie

Hi Julie,

I am SOOO bad at keeping that box at a manageable level. I shall get it tidy by Monday.

Ahimsa,
Vlad
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Quote:
On 2010-06-05 19:29, Vlad_77 wrote:
Hi Julie,

I am SOOO bad at keeping that box at a manageable level.

Yes, you are. Smile

ggarcia, sounds like Vlad is your "one-stop solution". As I don't have an work of my own on this effect, you'd probably be better served bypassing me and going directly to him.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
ggarcia
View Profile
Veteran user
San Antonio Tx
394 Posts

Profile of ggarcia
Scott and vlad, thank you very much for your offer to help me out. vlad I will pm you.

thanks...

gino
oldngrey
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of oldngrey
Quote:
On 2010-06-05 18:37, Vlad_77 wrote:
I am certain Scott can help you, but, if you need additional information, feel free to PM me as well. This is a WONDERFUL effect with INSANE possibilities Smile In fact, once Scott does get you sorted, PM me and I will give one effect idea that I think is VERY powerful, and, I have not seen this idea of mine in the literature I have read, which is a considerable amount.

Best,
Vlad

PS: My idea would require you to purchase one other thing which I believe sells for 10.00 at most magic dealers if you don't want to use sleight of hand (and this is the stronger approach ironically. My other approach uses sleight of hand but is in a sense a bit weaker.

Vlad, I bought the Zanadu Locked Deck on an Ebay auction and have used it at several parties to great entertainment. I am very interested to hear your idea. Are you willing to share that with me?

Many thanks!
Wally
To avoid any confusion...
mtpascoe
View Profile
Inner circle
1932 Posts

Profile of mtpascoe
I bought the locked deck years ago because the premise was great, but never really was satisfied with the instruction it gave. It was very vague like previously mentioned. I think about this deck every so often and still feel it's a great trick. Vlad_77 would you mind PM me also?
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20534 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Zanadu's Locked Deck is a killer effect. Thanks for reminding us about. Now I will need to relearn it too!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6078 Posts

Profile of motown
I've been doing this with an airline deck and an airline name tag instead of the lock, with a story about lost luggage. The spectator fills out the name tag.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
oldngrey
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of oldngrey
Quote:
On 2011-02-05 19:09, motown wrote:
I've been doing this with an airline deck and an airline name tag instead of the lock, with a story about lost luggage. The spectator fills out the name tag.

Nice touch!
To avoid any confusion...
obsidian52
View Profile
Veteran user
United States
344 Posts

Profile of obsidian52
Okay...a new post I havent seen or read anything in a while...I purchased Locked Deck by Zanadu from killertweety from Belgium right from this site (he claims he never used it)Yes it is the effect that comes with the bright yellow directions...please PM me as I don't want to give any of the effect away..I have it in hand and it seems rather strong...
kusoyon
View Profile
New user
Muskegon, Michigan
77 Posts

Profile of kusoyon
I lost my instructions for this card trick, can anyone send me a copy,please. My email adresss is kusoyon@comcast.net
TIA
Frank Thomas
"The closer you look; the less you see"
H. Blackston Jr.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » The Locked Deck by Zanadu - Help Please (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL