The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Dragon Skull : An Attack Site? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Cranial Fermentator
View Profile
Loyal user
238 Posts

Profile of Cranial Fermentator
Has anybody tried visiting the Dragon Skull website lately? When I tried a few days ago, I was greeted with this ominous message:

"Reported Attack Site!
This web site at http://www.dragonskull.co.uk has been reported as an attack site and has been blocked based on your security preferences."
dennper
View Profile
Loyal user
242 Posts

Profile of dennper
Not good - but most likely their site has been hacked and some bad code inserted. This happened to my site and a lot of sites hosted by Network Solutions a few months back. It will take them some time to sort it out, and is likely not something the owner did intentionally.
bertoneski
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of bertoneski
These messages appear most often when browsing using Firefox and Google pops these notices up. Contact the webmaster if you can and let them know.
karvis
View Profile
Regular user
spain
141 Posts

Profile of karvis
Denper is right.
my last visit was 1 week ago and was ok. righ now, I have the same virus alert. so I am afraid we will have to wait..
PSYSHADOW
View Profile
Regular user
England
196 Posts

Profile of PSYSHADOW
I just tried to log into their site, before seeing this posting, and got the same message. I'm looking for info on 'From hell V2" but can't see anything on the Café.
Peace in the World - or - the World in Pieces
PSYSHADOW
View Profile
Regular user
England
196 Posts

Profile of PSYSHADOW
I have now p.m'd Dan to let him know the score on this.
docsteve
View Profile
Inner circle
1831 Posts

Profile of docsteve
Quote:
On 2010-06-08 03:24, PSYSHADOW wrote:
I have now p.m'd Dan to let him know the score on this.

dragonskull is Brother Karl's site. I'm afraid I've heard he's not too well at the moment - grieving. My thoughts go out to him.

Dan's work may be found at Lebanon circle. I will post the link when on my pc and not the iPhone.
Also check out bizarre magic uk for photos of dan's latest work, showcased at Doomsday this year. Super stuff!
[
markthorold
View Profile
Inner circle
Shrunken heads atop
1942 Posts

Profile of markthorold
Bobby , from hell v" being sold on magicweek ,
E.O.I
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
I just logged onto Dragonskull and found it fine.
Kim
View Profile
Elite user
406 Posts

Profile of Kim
No,I'm getting the same warning.
Ms. Merizing
View Profile
Loyal user
Edwin Carl Erwin is digging postholes for
232 Posts

Profile of Ms. Merizing
Quote:
On 2010-06-07 11:55, Cranial Fermentator wrote:
Has anybody tried visiting the Dragon Skull website lately? When I tried a few days ago, I was greeted with this ominous message:
"Reported Attack Site!
This web site at http://www.dragonskull.co.uk has been reported as an attack site and has been blocked based on your security preferences."

A Google search just produced this result, "This site may harm your computer."
The site is a grand resource. Pity they're having troubles sufficient to prompt such a warning.

Look forward to revisiting the site when a future Google search doesn't give the above warning.
Pleased to continue finding that all the world's a stage.
Clifford the Red
View Profile
Inner circle
LA, California
1941 Posts

Profile of Clifford the Red
Here is the diagnostic..

http://safebrowsing.clients.google.com/s......l.co.uk/

Not sure what happened as I don't recall anyplace available for user input so this is likely a server hack due to a security breach by aholes.
"The universe is full of magical things, waiting for our wits to grow sharper." Eden Philpotts
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
I had a delightful one hour long phone conversation with Karl today.

Someone has indeed hacked into the Dragon skull site and embedded a folder of some sort. THe folder has links to other magic sites as indicated by their titles. One of those sites appears to be infected with a trojan or virus. Karl presently has several well qualified individuals working on correcting / eliminating all problems or dangers. Dragon skull contains thousands of pages, none of which have been lost to this invasion. A trouble maker and little else is a-foot.

Kotah
Clifford the Red
View Profile
Inner circle
LA, California
1941 Posts

Profile of Clifford the Red
Yay Kotah!! Thanks for the update and connecting with Karl. Both of you ROCK!
"The universe is full of magical things, waiting for our wits to grow sharper." Eden Philpotts
docsteve
View Profile
Inner circle
1831 Posts

Profile of docsteve
Excellent news!
S
[
PSYSHADOW
View Profile
Regular user
England
196 Posts

Profile of PSYSHADOW
Great Kotah,

What the hell is wrong with people ?

I say that just about every day of my life !

BOBBY THOMSON.
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
PSYSHADOW, that is an excellent question. Why would any one attacl a free site so well and lovingly crafted for the benefit of Bizarrists? Jealousy might be one reason, mental instability another. Some people just are not happy until they have brought misery to another.

IF this is a test of egos, then the attacker or the man behind him are the losers. Sad senario any way you cut it.

Kotah
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
Seemingly not much interest, comotion or concern regarding the attack on Dragon skull UK. This is our site too, a valuable resource for Bizarrists. The appathy in our community is over whelming. rather than put words in Karl's mouth, the following are his own shared in a recent email :

My good friend Ron Dayton informed me today that there is a lot of 'buzz' on magic
forums about Dragonskull having become infected and that it is being classed as an
attack site or as Google puts it "visiting this site may harm your computer".
(shame no one else bothered to inform me)

The rumour is TRUE AND I URGE PEOPLE NOT TO VISIT THE SITE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
Not everyone is being affected but don't take chances.

A statement from Google is as follows......

1)What happened when Google visited this site?
Of the 25 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 22 page(s) resulted
in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The
last time Google visited this site was on 2010-06-01, and the last time suspicious
content was found on this site was on 2010-06-01.

2)Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of
malware?
Over the past 90 days, dragonskull.co.uk did not appear to function as an
intermediary for the infection of any sites.

3)Has this site hosted malware?
No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

4)How did this happen?
In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which
would cause us to show the warning message.

Item 4 is the actual cause and although this is becoming increasingly common these
days, investigations so far have indicated that this was specific and well
designed attack on dragonskull rather than an auotmated 'general' one. Also, many
of the illegal scripts discovered bear a magical name and a folder containing all
this stuff has a specific name related directly to dragonskull. I know there are
people in our community who have the savvy to do something like this AND there are
some who lack the savvy but have the desire and know of someone who could do the
deed for them. AVG, Google and my webhost company are on the case and the website
will close down temorarily soon, when further analysis has finished. That is, if I
am well enough to be bothered.

WHEN THE SITE DISAPPEARS, DO NOT USE ANY OF THE BOOKMARKS YOU MAY HAVE SET UP TO
VISIT SPECIFIC PAGES AS THEY MAY STILL BE ONLINE AND COULD BE INFECTED.

MY Update.
Owing to the advancement of a long standing health issue and more recently,
investigations/treatment for a new one (stomache and throat desease), I am hardly
on MY own computer these days,hence the reason for no postings here this year.
Getting my affairs in order is the priority and NOT dragonskull.

Karl

Attacking a person when they are physically not well, and emotionally weakened , is about as low as one can lower themselves. A hacker, a hijacker of property and spirit. Where is the outrage??

Kotah
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
I hope the perpetrator(s) will be identified. Dragonskull has been a wonderful resource for bizarrists, and its loss would only hurt us all. Even worse, this hits Karl when he has other issues to deal with. A pox on the perpetrators!
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
bootsbrisket
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of bootsbrisket
Unfortunately, it is unlikely that the scum will ever be identified. We can only hope. Also unfortunate is that since the culprits probably wont be caught, any anger we feel will never meet it's target. It's like pouring rage into a vacuum. And any ranting and railing we do will only go towards providing the parasites with a good laugh.
Perhaps there is some way to help Karl? Any ideas? Perhaps if the contents of the site was backed up before the infections, and it can be moved to a different, more secure server?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Dragon Skull : An Attack Site? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL