The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » Women in magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Zelma
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Zelma
One of the topics that often arises is that there are very few women interested in learning magic

I live in London, and have been learning card magic for about one year and really enjoy it. I was wondering whether anyone knows of groups in London where people meet up to practice magic and discuss techniques etc.

I am looking specifically to meet women. Men have already assumed that I am only interested in magic because my husband likes magic (which he doesn't) or because I want to get a boyfriend (I'm married). I'm sure other women will appreciate where I'm coming from.

Alternatively, are there any women out there who would be interested in setting up a magic group? I may only be a beginner, but you have to start somewhere. I think it would be iteresting to meet women with a mixture of magic skills.

So you get a bit of a feel for me. I'm 40, married, a solicitor, a bit quirky and live in London. I'm certainly not your average magician
kennyka
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of kennyka
With the internet, you should be able to find SOMEONE, and I would think this post would have had an answer. Quite sad that nobody has responded.

I'm a male and in the USA, so I can't be of much help. If you can't find anything online, I would suggest buying the Card College Series. Especially if you like card magic. Even if you have no luck here, you can at least build on a lot of good information.

Sometimes you just have to go it alone.

I wish you the best.

Kenny
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
I'm as surprised as Kenny that you haven't received a response, Zelma. There are quite a few wonderfully gifted women who frequent the Café. You'll fit right in. You might try posting in the Feminine Mystique Section of the Café. Best wishes!

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewf......220&1664
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
Jim Oliver
View Profile
Regular user
Las Cruces, New Mexico
141 Posts

Profile of Jim Oliver
Zelma,

I live in the U.S. in New Mexico, but I have a very good friend who lives south of London with his wife.

They are cruise ship magicians and are in and out of England quite often.

His name is Brett Swartz and his wife's name is Leslie (hope I spelled that right).

If you want their phone number or address then just PM me and I will provide that
info for you. They are very very nice people and I hope you can meet with them.

Good luck.

Jim Oliver
Ed Marlo rules
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » Women in magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL