The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Question concerning Total Destiny (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Robert Sixx
View Profile
Special user
853 Posts

Profile of Robert Sixx
I'm not sure that this is the right forum for this -- nor am I sure that there is a right forum for this, but I have a question!

First of all let me say that I just received Total Destiny and I think it is really (REALLY) good -- Great Idea and very commercial!

However, I have a problem that maybe one of you has the answer for. The dry erase board that came with the routine does not hold the dry erase ink as well as I would like -- it's passable, but beads up more than I would like. I can and will use regular paper (Sketch Pad) if necessary, because it is a good routine -- but I would prefer to use the board. Is there anything that I can do to make the board hold the ink better?

I would like to hear your input on this and also let me know if you have the same problem.
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5930 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
The problem might be the board... but then again it might be the pen. Try a different brand of dry erase pen first.

Good Luck,

Tom
kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
Dry erase boards can and do get dirty, usually with things like oil from skin, etc.
You might try giving it a good cleaning according to the makers instructions.
Start with a mild detergent-NOT soap, and a soft cloth to dry with, I sometimes follow up with a wipe off with an alcohol pad. If this does not work,check your local office supply store for some cleaner, (I try to avoid the spray bottle stuff, it is nasty if you inhale any of it, they have little wipers now)
DO NOT use abrasive things like cleanser, brillo, or scrubbies!

You may find that this will solve the problem without the need to buy a new board.
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com
Robert Sixx
View Profile
Special user
853 Posts

Profile of Robert Sixx
Thanks for the input.

I have tried a couple of different types of pens and cleaned the board with alcohol a few time now hoping that would change it -- but so far no luck. BTW this is a New Board, but I will keep working with it for a while and hope that it works out a bit.

Thanks again,

Robert Sixx

I have found out that Marks-A-Lot Whiteboard markers work very well as do Grease Pencils for this particular board.

Maybe that will help out those of you that have this.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Question concerning Total Destiny (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL