The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Derren Brown Like Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2529 Posts

Profile of brehaut
I love Derren Brown's mental forcing effects on his Devil's Picture Book DVD. I am looking for books, dvds or ebooks with similar sort of effects. Any suggestions? Thanks
lejon
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of lejon
Annemann
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
I would suggest doing a search here on the Café. There has been discussions on these types of effects and I'm sure you will find something of interest. I like 7 my self by Bryan Reynolds though.

D.
Twitter @darjames
magicFreak2
View Profile
Inner circle
1220 Posts

Profile of magicFreak2
Quote:
On 2010-06-08 15:38, brehaut wrote:
I love Derren Brown's mental forcing effects on his Devil's Picture Book DVD. I am looking for books, dvds or ebooks with similar sort of effects. Any suggestions? Thanks

Psychological card forces:

One by Daniel madison (think that's what it's called, maybe it's called 180) You can get it at mindlapse.net I think. Also you can get Christopher dees anate. Never worked for me, but dee's a genius so check it out. Kevin Parker has something close to one called whirlwind read on his website (think it's kevinparkerproductions.com or something like that). I know Sean waters put one out in one of his ebooks (reflections I think, or maybe ponderings) that's supposed to be good. Never read that one myself, but Sean is a very intelligent guy so I'm certain it's a powerful force with some form of devious twist. Smile You can pick it up at seanwatermindworks or something like that (always getting it mixed up).

I personally use KENT (Sean waters version), but it's not exactly the same.

There are dozens more but those are most of the ones I know of. Oh and Don Theo III put one out with his ebook broken. Good stuff.

7 by Bryan Reynolds is not technically a psychological force in the general term of the word, it's defintely not like the ones derren brown uses, but it is an almos surefire way to force a card without a card. Kenton Knepper put out a nearly identical one called "invisible".. something.. In his KK booklet which you can download from wonderwizards.com (I think).
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
Banechek would also be a great place to start in my opinion. You will learn a lot from his work on psychological subtleties and what not. It may not be exactly what you want as in forcing a card but You can't go wrong with great knowledge on the subject.

D.
Twitter @darjames
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2511 Posts

Profile of Waters
Thanks for the mention!

Sean
Simon (Ted) Edwards
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1527 Posts

Profile of Simon (Ted) Edwards
Docc Hilford's Monster Mentalism series covers this (and hints that Derren may have appropriated the force that I think you are talking about).
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18817 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Daniel madison's got a new ebook out - psycho...5 card forces, seven effects..
I've asked to be banned
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5410 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
Quote:
On 2010-06-08 17:16, Ted wrote:
Docc Hilford's Monster Mentalism series covers this (and hints that Derren may have appropriated the force that I think you are talking about).

As a matter of fact first time Docc shared that force with the community was around 20 years ago or so (Docc?) and what you mention, Ted, is entirely possible...
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
magicFreak2
View Profile
Inner circle
1220 Posts

Profile of magicFreak2
Quote:
On 2010-06-08 17:21, IAIN wrote:
Daniel madison's got a new ebook out - psycho...5 card forces, seven effects..

Thanks for posting this, will have to take a look. I personally find Madison's writing style a bit to cynical for a nice read; not really the sort of stuff you would _want_ to read more than once , bu his thinking is fairly logical.
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2529 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Thanks for all the replies so far---will check them out and look forward to hearing anyone elses thoughts. thanks
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2511 Posts

Profile of Waters
Check out "Truly Invisible" by Kenton Knepper, found in his Kollosal Killers book.

Cheers,

Sean
backinblack
View Profile
Special user
891 Posts

Profile of backinblack
Where to buy 7 by Bryan Reynolds?
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2577 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Bryn Reynold's 7 is contained in The Safwan Papers.
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

Come visit Magic Book Report.com!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2529 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Great suggestions---I bough Pyscho by Daniel Madison. Exactly the type of material I was looking for. Great stuff and looking for any other recommendations.
David Alexander
View Profile
Special user
623 Posts

Profile of David Alexander
Quote:
On 2010-06-08 17:39, Lord Of The Horses wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-06-08 17:16, Ted wrote:

As a matter of fact first time Docc shared that force with the community was around 20 years ago or so (Docc?) and what you mention, Ted, is entirely possible...

It was first seen in a video produced and sold by Brian Flora called "Real Mind Reading." My cassette in tucked away and not at hand so I can't give you the exact date - I think sometime in the mid-1980s - but it was a long time ago that Docc's psychological subtlety was made available to the general magic community.
magicFreak2
View Profile
Inner circle
1220 Posts

Profile of magicFreak2
Quote:
On 2010-06-09 18:15, brehaut wrote:
Great suggestions---I bough Pyscho by Daniel Madison. Exactly the type of material I was looking for. Great stuff and looking for any other recommendations.

I just did as well and think the same. Smile
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2164 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
Quote:
On 2010-06-08 23:29, Steven Keyl wrote:
Bryn Reynold's 7 is contained in The Safwan Papers.

As with Sean, I certainly appreciate the mention of SEVEN.

Bryn
*QUARANTINE SPECIAL!!!*
"The Safwan Papers" & "The LOGAR Scrolls Mentalism ebooks - Now just $20 each!

Just PayPal to:
bryn@darkmountainarts.com
(No PayPal account? Just shoot me your email and I'll send you an invoice that can be paid with any card.)

REVIEWS:
" The Safwan Papers":
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=253272&forum=15

"THE LOGAR SCROLLS":
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=464100&forum=303&70

Browse my Artwork!
https://www.darkmountainarts.com
Facebook & Instagram: #DarkMountainArts
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2529 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Bryn,

I have Safwan Papers and really enjoy Seven as well as "Your Lucky Nite Out"--Thanks

Brehaut
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2164 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
Quote:
On 2010-06-13 16:32, brehaut wrote:
Bryn,

I have Safwan Papers and really enjoy Seven as well as "Your Lucky Nite Out"--Thanks

Brehaut

I appreciate that, Brehaut.

Bryn
*QUARANTINE SPECIAL!!!*
"The Safwan Papers" & "The LOGAR Scrolls Mentalism ebooks - Now just $20 each!

Just PayPal to:
bryn@darkmountainarts.com
(No PayPal account? Just shoot me your email and I'll send you an invoice that can be paid with any card.)

REVIEWS:
" The Safwan Papers":
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=253272&forum=15

"THE LOGAR SCROLLS":
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=464100&forum=303&70

Browse my Artwork!
https://www.darkmountainarts.com
Facebook & Instagram: #DarkMountainArts
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Derren Brown Like Magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL