We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Bit of computer jargin help needed (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1369 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
Lads quick question for ye,

There a forum that I wanna take part in (sports one) I have registered with them but cant seem to post new topics or reply to messages on threads.An error message appears stating that I don't have required permission.

I just tried to update my account and got the following error message :

Error
Only members with sufficient permission can access this page.

A security error has occurred with authentication.

Please ensure that all cookies are enabled on your web browser, you are not using a saved or cached copy of the page, and your Firewall/Proxy settings are not hiding or masking your IP address.

Im brain dead when it comes to these sorta things so whats best way to fix it and how?

Thanks lads!

Pete
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
The biggest cause of a security error with authentication is, believe it or not, the wrong date being on your computer. Go to your tool bar and make sure the date is correct. Change the date to be correct. What is happening is the computer won't authenticate because of that date. I've found this to be the problem pretty much every time.

Try deleting your cookies under tools - internet options. If that doesn't work you can go to dos prompts page and enter ipconfig /flushdns and that will clear all your cookies INCLUDING SAVED PASSWORDS.

You should be set.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Another thing, you may be getting the second error, not the authentication, if you are using fire fox, switch to IE and see if it works after clearing the cookies.

(see? Being a former computer tech is useful)
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
FWIW: Sometimes when you register on a new forum, your actual ability to post and participate is on hold until a moderator personally approves your addition to the group. In that case, you would get an error message until you are approved. This has happened to me in the past.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1369 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
All sorted! Thanks very much MagicSanta Smile That was buggin me for last few weeks -good stuff!

Thanks for info Balducci - This site its pretty much register and work away so it seems anyways!

Thanks again lads!
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
No problem. The authentication is an odd one that many people don't get and often reload their entire system because of it and it is almost always, as I said, that dang date.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Bit of computer jargin help needed (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL