The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » America's Got .. Magic! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Chezaday
View Profile
Inner circle
Naperville, IL
1670 Posts

Profile of Chezaday
So, last night I saw a quick clip of Antoinio Restivo on the show .. and I've got to say, that's more like it! Obviously a polished performer with a very unique act. He really captured the judges attention and represented us in a positive light.

Of course it's a bit confusing considering he already has a show on the Vegas strip .. Inferno I believe, playing at the Greek Islands as I remember. This of course would explain why the act is polished and half a dozen dancers on stage.

I hope it all works out well for him and helps sell tickets for his show. Good luck my friend ...

Steve
Terry Owens
View Profile
Inner circle
Ft. Wayne, Indiana
1707 Posts

Profile of Terry Owens
I liked it and my wife (who is hard to impress) liked it too.
Eshla
View Profile
Inner circle
1239 Posts

Profile of Eshla
How exactly was any of that illusion? The only thing which was not known by everyone was the fire from the fingertips, and that sadly only lasted 2 seconds.

The flamethrowwer and stuff is cool, but its not "magical" in the sense that people don't see a logical explanation for it. And the apperance of the girl... how big was that box? They wern't even trying there. The impressive part was the speed at which she appeared.

I've seen youtube videos of a guy conjure a fireball (an actual BALL of fire) in his hands, and then throw the ball in slow motion from one hand to another. The illusion was great and I'll link it again if I can. The secret was a flamible marble-sized ball, which he brought into view on fire, and then levitated through the air. THAT impressed me.
I come from the future to culture you poor sods with fire.
Chezaday
View Profile
Inner circle
Naperville, IL
1670 Posts

Profile of Chezaday
Sure there wasn't really a whole lot of magic going on there but, it was still pretty flashy. He had the look, a great attitude and he impressed the judges.

It's all good ...

Steve
w_s_anderson
View Profile
Inner circle
The United States
1221 Posts

Profile of w_s_anderson
Antonio was also the lead Vampire in the show "Bite" in Las Vegas, as well as the current lead bad guy in the Excaliber show. I met him last time I was in Vegas and he is an amazingly nice guy. He does have an awesome look! He bills himself more as a fire guy than a magician, but likes to add illusion to his performance. I think it was great! Antonio is a phenomonial showman! I think show says certain things so the public likes them more. It would seem a bit odd for a guy who already has a Vegas show to be on AGT.
sb
View Profile
Special user
567 Posts

Profile of sb
Nathan Burton and Kevin James both had Vegas shows, and were on AGT.

Not odd at all. Its all about publicity.
w_s_anderson
View Profile
Inner circle
The United States
1221 Posts

Profile of w_s_anderson
Not odd to us, but the general public's perception is that this show is made up of undiscovered talent. You are afterall competiting for a show in Vegas.
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2496 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Especially as he is described as a street vendor from New York.
shady, shady, shady.
s
Chezaday
View Profile
Inner circle
Naperville, IL
1670 Posts

Profile of Chezaday
Well .. one thing to consider is that the Greek Isles isn't exactly on the strip. It's on a side street ...

Steve
inhumaninferno
View Profile
Elite user
450 Posts

Profile of inhumaninferno
Judges liked it, audience liked it, visually appealing-nuff said.
Fábio DeRose
View Profile
Inner circle
San Paolo, Brasile
1477 Posts

Profile of Fábio DeRose
The point is that it was utterly entertaining to watch.

Quote:
On 2010-06-09 18:46, Eshla wrote:
How exactly was any of that illusion? The only thing which was not known by everyone was the fire from the fingertips, and that sadly only lasted 2 seconds.

The flamethrowwer and stuff is cool, but its not "magical" in the sense that people don't see a logical explanation for it. And the apperance of the girl... how big was that box? They wern't even trying there. The impressive part was the speed at which she appeared.

I've seen youtube videos of a guy conjure a fireball (an actual BALL of fire) in his hands, and then throw the ball in slow motion from one hand to another. The illusion was great and I'll link it again if I can. The secret was a flamible marble-sized ball, which he brought into view on fire, and then levitated through the air. THAT impressed me.
Fábio De'Rose - Ilusionista
www.ENIGMAGICO.com.br

Twitter @Enigmagico
Eshla
View Profile
Inner circle
1239 Posts

Profile of Eshla
Quote:
On 2010-06-10 09:45, Fábio DeRose wrote:
The point is that it was utterly entertaining to watch.

Quote:
On 2010-06-09 18:46, Eshla wrote:

True, it did look pretty kick @ss
I come from the future to culture you poor sods with fire.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » America's Got .. Magic! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL