The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Magic Friday by Jamie D. Grant (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
as seen in Ripley's Believe It or Not! Twice!
2415 Posts

Profile of Jamie D. Grant
Hiya Gang!

As some of you may know, I have a column here on the Café for a couple of years now called Magic Friday. The point of the column is that I take one trick and perform it all day at my "real job"- up to fifty times in one day, and write about how it went.

The point of this thread, is that there's no place on the Café to respond with suggestions for new effects, comments, and questions. So I thought I'd start one. Why not? Why it took this long is beyond me, lol.

And the first order of business is to help me design a seal (if you like). I found a fun online generator and thought it'd be great for creators to add a seal of appoval if they felt like it. So, in keeping with the blog look, which do you prefer?

Thanks for reading, watching, commenting, and suggesting!

All my best,

jamie
http://www.cardsinabottle.com
Home of the "Send Wonder" campaign.
TRICK OF THE YEAR: Industrial Revelation, BOOK OF THE YEAR: The Approach, The AIP Bottle, and my new book Scenic 52, can all be found over here: SendWonder.com
Kindness takes practice. My TEDx talk
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4934 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
#3 because it's Angry Bob approved,lol
Great job Jamie, love the videos and reviews.
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2341 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
I like #3 out of the given choices. It looks "happy" and magic is sharing joy with people.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
http://www.facebook.com/Doug.Lippert
ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1504 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2220 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
Jeff Haas
View Profile
Special user
916 Posts

Profile of Jeff Haas
None of these match up to your column. #1 seems to say, "Performed at the Empire State Building." #2 says, "We deliver!" or "I'm late for a meeting!" #3 is the closest, it says, "Hot diggity! I love to dance!"

Come up with a caricature of Angry Bob - some guy with steam coming out of his ears and $&*@#! over his head. But maybe that's too much of an inside joke.

The other direction is to have a small group of people happy and clapping/cheering, with you standing in front, smiling at the camera as you hold up a card.
Jeff Haas
View Profile
Special user
916 Posts

Profile of Jeff Haas
One more idea...the caricature of you from the top of your blog, smiling and giving a thumbs-up (or an OK sign). Plus make the text on the outside of the seal match the style on the top of your blog.
Voldemort
View Profile
Special user
Florida
562 Posts

Profile of Voldemort
I don't see how Angry Bob would be an "Inside joke". Everyone who reads the reviews knows who Angry Bob is and if you don't read the reviews the seal would probably not not mean much anyway. I think the Angry Bob thing was a great suggestion. As is the "Thumbs up" caricature of Jamie.
"Flight from death"
Buy the WILD AT HEART e-book to help Rachael Columbini here: http://www.lybrary.com/wild-heart-p-76110.html
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2461 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
The other two don't make much sense to me.
ryesteve
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of ryesteve
#3 looks like you're stomping on the effects that stink...
octave
View Profile
Regular user
173 Posts

Profile of octave
How about using something in the lines of an original stamp of approval.

-octave
Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
2415 Posts

Well, this is why I'm never afraid to ask for opinions. Brainstorming works- thanks everyone! Here's the new result:

TRICK OF THE YEAR: Industrial Revelation, BOOK OF THE YEAR: The Approach, The AIP Bottle, and my new book Scenic 52, can all be found over here: SendWonder.com
ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1504 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
I still like #2.

"Have tricks, will travel."
Miraclemakers
View Profile
Special user
INA
684 Posts

Profile of Miraclemakers
Vote for #2
Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
2415 Posts

Voting's closed, lol. I've decided to give creators the option- either the Blog Face or #2. Whichever they like. Thanks for the input!

Onto other Magic Friday News! Next review will be Anthony Owen's Oil & Water!

~jamie
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4934 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Jamie,
Can we get a spy cam of Angry Bob getting mad. I just have to imagine it and I crack up laughing. You could mosaic his face of course.
Thanks for all your great work,
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Feral Chorus
View Profile
Elite user
CA
470 Posts

Profile of Feral Chorus
Well, voting may be closed but I am going to pass along my idea anyway. I would have a hand giving a thumbs up sign with a particular magician's tool conspicuously in use on the thumb (or would that be too much exposure?).

-Feral
Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
2415 Posts

Quote:
On 2010-06-10 04:58, Xiqual wrote:
Jamie,
Can we get a spy cam of Angry Bob getting mad. I just have to imagine it and I crack up laughing. You could mosaic his face of course.
Thanks for all your great work,
James

An Angry Bob mosaic would be a great T-Shirt, lol...

How about suggestions with regards to what everyone would like to see reviewed in the future? I've got a couple of months lined up but am always looking for new ideas!

~jamie
http://www.cardsinabottle.com
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5487 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Whatever you go with is fine with me. I just appreciate the work you're putting into these reviews. They really help us magic addicts who are looking for the next best place to get their fix.

How's that for brown-nosing?
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
2415 Posts

Appreciation is never brown-nosing! And I appreciate being appreciated, lol!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Magic Friday by Jamie D. Grant (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.38 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL