The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Eyes of Darkness ( 2 decks ACAAN) by Tommy (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

entermagic
View Profile
Special user
903 Posts

Profile of entermagic
A new ACAAN plot by Tommy is available:
The Eyes of Darkness ( https://sites.google.com/site/m2mmagictr......darkness )

This is a very easy version to perform ACAAN with 2 decks hands-off.

It is as clean as possible.

Here is a little description:

The performer shows two decks closed within their boxes.

A spectator selects one of them and puts it aside. The perfomer asks the spectator to remove the second deck from his box and to perform a deck regularity's check.

At this point the performer instructs the spectator to select a number and a playing card using a very clean procedure with this deck: 31 and Ace of Spades. Now, without the performer touches the decks, the second spector removes the first deck from his box and counts face-up 31 cards in pile onto the table: The last card will be the Ace of Spades.

All you needs 2 regular decks.

MP
monello74
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of monello74
Hi all,
after many request I added a variant that works with only one deck.

I hope you like it.

Thank you so much.

Bye
Tommy.
It's a Miracle...

For ACAAN/OP effects:
(Mental Magic)
http://sites.google.com/site/m2mmagictrick
Xpilot
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
464 Posts

Profile of Xpilot
Can you give any details of what would make this variant better (or different) from the 2,714 other variants that have been marketed in the last year or so?
entermagic
View Profile
Special user
903 Posts

Profile of entermagic
Quote:
On 2010-06-12 15:47, Xpilot wrote:
Can you give any details of what would make this variant better (or different) from the 2,714 other variants that have been marketed in the last year or so?

Please can you write the entire list of all 2,714 other variants first.

MP
InfinityDream
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of InfinityDream
Quote:
On 2010-06-12 15:47, Xpilot wrote:

The big differences about this version and the other one are:

1. No dirty work: It is as clean as possible.
2. Hands-off 100%: From the start to the end.
3. Nothing to calcalute or to remember or secret adjustment.

In 3 words I can say: It is EXCELLENT!

-Antonio
entermagic
View Profile
Special user
903 Posts

Profile of entermagic
For Free, if you have purchased this effect and you send
me a proof (paymant proof) I will send you an handling in order to make
the spectator shuffling the deck after the number part
(Real Riffle Shuffle).

If you are interested send me a mail to m.parisi1979@gmail.com

MP
entermagic
View Profile
Special user
903 Posts

Profile of entermagic
I sent my handling to many people.

Now the current version is:

Spectator selects a deck of cards and put it aside.
He checks the other one is a regular deck and then
he cuts a pile from it. He counts how many cards has this packet
and this number will be used for ACAAN. If he doesn't like it, he can cut
another pile or can remove from the current pile has many card he wishes.

After the number part, the magician asks the spectator to shuffle the deck
using the 2 different way to perform the Riffle Shuffle (He can shuffle the deck
many times)

After the shuffle, the spectator selects a card by cut or using a reversed card
inside the deck.

Everything is really clean.

MP
entermagic
View Profile
Special user
903 Posts

Profile of entermagic
Due I received a lot of requests I will ask Tommy
if he can send everyone my handling about Eyes of Darkness
and how to shuffle the deck.

MP
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2859 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
I never liked to idea of having the spectator select a deck - sure, it looks a lot like freedom (and it's technically possible) but on the other hand it contradicts the premise. It's like performing an one-deck version of ACAAN and having shuffled the deck before the effect. Know what I mean...?

Therefore I'd introduce the two decks, declaring one of it as my 'prediction set', maybe even wrapped with rubber bands and handed to spectator for safe-keeping!

On the other hand, the second deck should absolutely be shuffled after the number part; there are several easy solutions to do so convincingly and even have the spectator participate.
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
entermagic
View Profile
Special user
903 Posts

Profile of entermagic
Quote:
On 2011-09-13 03:30, Nicolino wrote:
I never liked to idea of having the spectator select a deck - sure, it looks a lot like freedom (and it's technically possible) but on the other hand it contradicts the premise. It's like performing an one-deck version of ACAAN and having shuffled the deck before the effect. Know what I mean...?

Therefore I'd introduce the two decks, declaring one of it as my 'prediction set', maybe even wrapped with rubber bands and handed to spectator for safe-keeping!

On the other hand, the second deck should absolutely be shuffled after the number part; there are several easy solutions to do so convincingly and even have the spectator participate.

With my idea the sequence is this:

The spectator selects one of the 2 decks.

Using the second deck the spectator cuts a small packet and counts the cards. This number
is totally random and there is free choice. The spectator can change mind if he wishes.
For this part, the order of the card is not important because the spectator cuts the deck in order to
calculate a random number.

For the card part, just to avoid the spectator thinks there is some relationship between the number
and the card or there is a stack involved, the performer asks the spectator to shuffle the deck.
The deck is shuffled by the spectator. He shuffles the deck using 2 different Riffle Shuffles.
The first one is very fair:

(First Riffle Shuffle)

He splits the deck in to pile and puts the cards in random order onto the table:
He puts a packet from a pile and the other one from the other pile in few words interleaved.

(Seconds Riffle Shuffle)

The spectator cuts the deck in two halves and performs the classic Riffle Shuffle.
He performs this steps many times.

After the shuffle, the spectator cuts the deck and finds a card. This card will be used
for ACAAN.

To avoid misleading: The number is free choice. The card is FORCED. The shuffle is
genuine but controlled by the performer in a very hidden way and no one will detect where is the deception.

MP
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2859 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Sure, but my only point was WHY to give the spectator to select the deck at all?
This only proves that the trick (and my believe is that this handling further emphasizes the word 'trick') works indepently from which deck was chosen. I feel the mystery would be greater if one deck was designated as prediction in a certain order...
But your feelings may differ, of course.
The Mati Envelope

Chance's Token
entermagic
View Profile
Special user
903 Posts

Profile of entermagic
Quote:
On 2011-09-13 05:24, Nicolino wrote:
Sure, but my only point was WHY to give the spectator to select the deck at all?
This only proves that the trick (and my believe is that this handling further emphasizes the word 'trick') works indepently from which deck was chosen. I feel the mystery would be greater if one deck was designated as prediction in a certain order...
But your feelings may differ, of course.

Your idea is good. If someone has some doubts, with your idea, you will remove it Smile
Just I added my ideas to the original routine.

MP
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2859 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Yeah, your shuffling sequence really seems to look fair! Smile
The Mati Envelope

Chance's Token
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2859 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
MP shared his shuffling sequence with me and: yes, it's a controlled "shuffling" done by the spectator (I'm putting it in quotation marks as I think it is not exactly what you might think of in the first instance when imagining a shuffle....)

We also talked about shuffles that look and feel a little convoluted vs. losing the hands-off aspect, and while I'm personally sticking to simply riffle-shuffle myself after the number selection Marco's idea is a workable solution for those who absolutely want the deck to be shuffled by the spectator!
The Mati Envelope

Chance's Token
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18581 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Isn't this a step away from the purity of the Berglas Effect though? two decks, shuffling and so on...
entermagic
View Profile
Special user
903 Posts

Profile of entermagic
Quote:
On 2011-09-13 08:05, IAIN wrote:
Isn't this a step away from the purity of the Berglas Effect though? two decks, shuffling and so on...

Sure, you are right, but the effect we are talking about is different. There are 2 decks, shuffling etc.

MP
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2859 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Sure, but a great effect nonetheless for laymen that doesn't need any sleights or memorization.
It's not actually a rival to the true Berglas effect, that's true....
The Mati Envelope

Chance's Token
entermagic
View Profile
Special user
903 Posts

Profile of entermagic
Quote:
On 2011-09-13 08:02, Nicolino wrote:
MP shared his shuffling sequence with me and: yes, it's a controlled "shuffling" done by the spectator (I'm putting it in quotation marks as I think it is not exactly what you might think of in the first instance when imagining a shuffle....)

We also talked about shuffles that look and feel a little convoluted vs. losing the hands-off aspect, and while I'm personally sticking to simply riffle-shuffle myself after the number selection Marco's idea is a workable solution for those who absolutely want the deck to be shuffled by the spectator!

As explained by Nicolino, my handling looks like an hands-off riffle shuffle controlled by the performer, but if you don't look the hands-off solution
there are some better solutions and one of them, suggested by him, is really convincing.

MP
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Eyes of Darkness ( 2 decks ACAAN) by Tommy (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL