The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Richard Marcus (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
splice
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1246 Posts

Profile of splice
Quote:
On 2010-06-14 10:34, tommy wrote:
Well perhaps but I am sorry but Markus said:

Marcus made a bunch of **** up and never talked to Steve. Jason has personal knowledge of the case, spoke with Steve at length about it, and did an interview about it.

I don't think anyone should give a crap what Marcus said, since Marcus has absolutely no inside info and is just making **** up.
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1868 Posts

Profile of kcg5
Dick thinks so much of SF that he writes his little paragraph about him twice.

He is full of ****
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Yes but I did not say Markus did not make stuff up Splice, quite the contrary. I was however pointing out to Jason that he had said it was high-stakes games of Chinese poker, backgammon and chess.

Yes I am fully aware Jason is a pal of SF and has spoke to him as we all are aware of that, but what is your point? Do you think because Jason speaks to SF that means that Markus did not say that? Smile
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
JasonEngland
View Profile
V.I.P.
Las Vegas, NV
1729 Posts

Profile of JasonEngland
Tommy,

That's sort of the point. I realize that Markus knows the truth about that day where poker is concerned. And, as you pointed out, he's even said as much in earlier blog posts. But my comments above (re-read them carefully), refer specifically to that particular blog post of his.

You see, Markus understands that a case about poker is much more glamorous than a case about chess, backgammon, and 13-Card (or Chinese) Poker. He knows this, and therefore continues to refer to this case as a poker case.

He also knows no game took place that day. But he's very careful to choose his words so that a casual reader will go away thinking he's read about a game that actually happened and that involved the high-stakes poker world.

In short, he's exaggerating, distorting, spinning, and in many case, making up the facts of a given situation to suit his own needs.

Jason

PS: You're wrong about this case being about poker, by the way. Even the police informant knew that poker wasn't one of the games. You're also wrong about this being about more than one person.

Quote:
there to cheat poker players in side games...

The indictment, the District Attorney, and the police informant all agreed on one thing: there was always only one person invited to that room that day.
Eternal damnation awaits anyone who questions God's unconditional love. --Bill Hicks
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Well I don’t think any poker players are listening to him in any event as actually I have never heard any poker player ever mention Steve Forte at the tables. The only ones I have heard them mention is David Nixon and Tommy Cooper.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
I love that Marcus is accused of NOT really being a cheat while Forte is being accused of REALLY being a cheat.
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
Mr Marcus, having found this thread, has just sent me four very long emails detailing his credentials.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
So?

Tommy
Maitre D
View Profile
Veteran user
339 Posts

Profile of Maitre D
Funny how he spends so much time trying to convince the public that he's a cheat.
ein_doppelganger
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of ein_doppelganger
Nicholas J. Johnson: I wish he would respond here on the forum. Can you get permission to repost his list? I wouldn't ask you to publicly share an email without the senders permission.
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3078 Posts

Profile of AMcD
I'd like to read Mr Marcus here.
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
This forum has enough B.S.'ers in it already.

........my own and present company included, of course.
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3078 Posts

Profile of AMcD
Silver,

I'd like to read someone Zender, Joseph, etc. have said he's the best ever.

Wait. Maybe I'd like to know why the hell they said that?

Dunno actually.
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
He's certainly as welcome to post here as anybody else is......it's the internet after all.
Mr. Z
View Profile
Special user
818 Posts

Profile of Mr. Z
Marcus is a scumbag for sure, but there are a few grains of truth to the guy. He was a cheat, but I highly doubt he was as successful as he claims to be or moved as frequently as he claims either.

At a game protection presentation I was at in town here several years ago I saw some surveillance footage which the presenter claimed was of Marcus. He was executing a blackjack past-post move at the MGM Grand. However you couldn't see his face and when I later brought it to Marcus's attention he was skeptical that the footage was of him. However the presenter was a "fan" of Marcus and pretty well-connected, so who knows.

But guys like Zender, Joseph, Willy Allison, and former Griffin agent Andy Anderson are solely to blame for giving Marcus any credibility at all.
"...if you have to say you is, you ain't."--Jimmy Hoffa
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1868 Posts

Profile of kcg5
Quote:
On 2010-06-26 23:03, AMcD wrote:
Silver,

I'd like to read someone Zender, Joseph, etc. have said he's the best ever.

Wait. Maybe I'd like to know why the hell they said that?

Dunno actually.

where did those two say he is the best ever? (surely they havent met you, Arnold Smile )
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3078 Posts

Profile of AMcD
Kevin,

You don't know who I have met me and I bet you'd be surprised Smile. But you're right about Zender and Joseph.

Nevertheless, you can hear Zender and Anderson here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBgEV3tGMdY

Zender:

- I've got a lot of respect for Richard Marcus
- Richard Marcus should be the king

Andy Anderson:

- Richard Marcus is probably one of the best cheaters I've ever encountered.

I don't have time to check it for Joseph, but I'm almost 100% sure he said something like that about Marcus.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Well there you go, we have a new king. Forte obviously can’t be king anymore, he is past it, he is not even aware what’s going on in a room full of cheats now. Smile

Tommy
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
You repeatedly make reference to a man by his Christian name, and further, falsely associate him with illegal activities you know absolutely nothing about.

It's most definitely typical internet troll behavior.

What's your end-game?
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Well lets deal with that point by point just so there is no confusion. Firstly lets deal with this Christian name thing you keep throwing up as if its important.

I do not think I repeatedly make reference to the man by his Christian name: Steve Forte is not his christen name. I could understand your point if I was referring to him as Steve or some nick name but I am not. I refer to him as Steve Forte, simply because that’s what he calls himself, in his books and articles and films and everywhere else and that’s what everyone typically calls him more or less and its nothing more or less than that.

What would the typical thin skinned friends of Steve Forte who can’t take a joke prefer me to call him? Mr Forte I presume.

Tommy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Richard Marcus (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL