The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Magnetic Half Dollars (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TC Ryder
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
494 Posts

Profile of TC Ryder
I acquired a set of super magnetic half dollars a while ago and have never figured out any routines to do with them. They are so strong that if you put one in your hand you can pick the other one up by putting the back of you hand over the coin and it sticks to the back of you hand. Anybody out there ever worked with these and have any suggested routines?

TC
www.realcoinmagic.com

"Real Coins for Real Magicians"
Salby
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1256 Posts

Profile of Salby
Check out the "$100 COIN TRICK" video clip from the Home Page on Fantasma Magic:

http://www.fantasmamagic.com/shopping
You know how to make God laugh?........... Tell him your plans!!!
TC Ryder
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
494 Posts

Profile of TC Ryder
Salby,

Thanks ever so much for that. The guy I got this set from told me about the routine he saw and this looks exactly what he was talking about. Much appreciated my friend.

TC
www.realcoinmagic.com

Salby
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1256 Posts

Profile of Salby
No problem...

The balancing of the 2 coins should be a "No brainer", but the first effect in that demo where he transfers coins from the spectator's hand to the magician's is a good use of the Magnetic coins...

Very Subtle.
You know how to make God laugh?........... Tell him your plans!!!
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1786 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
Hey TC,

If nothing else you could use one as a mag***ic ho***ut!

I have seen the "$100 Coin Trick" with them, and it is quite magical.
Sammy J. Teague
TC Ryder
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
494 Posts

Profile of TC Ryder
Thanks for the Tip Sammy! I have been practicing the $100 Coin Trick and pretty much have it down. I am not sure I like the Balancing part it kind of tips the trick. If I could figure out a way to switch 1 of the coins with a ho**ld-t that may do the trick that way I can bring out the last coin from my pocket or something and pass them all out since there would only be 1 special coin.

Thanks guys.

TC
www.realcoinmagic.com

Zaprig1
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Zaprig1
Hey TC,

I was lucky enough to get the only two WLs that Kreiss said he was going to make. He said they were very tough to craft with such a large neo. He taught me he his coins across with them which I can share with you. It uses much of the same subtleties as the above routine, but in your own hands of course AND he lays them down on the pad in single file a few inches apart as each coin travels. Just shoot me a PM if you have any questions. This is so easy, I feel guilty doing the routine sometimes, but it fools lay peeps BAD cuz it's so fast and even a lot of magi that don't know about these strong coins. I cringed when I saw him balancing though. This tell tales it for sure!

I felt silly not knowing what to do with these coins when I got them until I let Dean play with them after dinner at WMS. He too was astounded at their strenght as everyone is, but said it'd take him a few weeks of "playin' around" before he thought he could find a practical use for them. He was actually laughing out loud because nothing was coming to him right off, yet in the back of all our minds, we've been dreaming of coins this strong for decades......at least I have.

Best,
Christian
TC Ryder
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
494 Posts

Profile of TC Ryder
Thanks Chrisian,

I would love to see the routine or hear of the moves.
I have had these for a while but am just now trying to find a way to use them.
I just saw Dean at his shop not to long ago and should have brought them with .

Thanks for the info

TC
www.realcoinmagic.com

Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
My man TC showed me these babies last night on the streets of NYC and he can work them real well too. Smile It really looks like magic. These are nice coins and I would think there are many possibilities with them.

We must've had 50 coins laid out on the table there in the middle of 23rd Street doing magic. Smile People couldn't believe what they were seeing. Smile Me either, as after I hit him with my new "JumpMandu" effect, TC then "Extreme Burned" the heck out of me. Smile What fun! Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
MB,Right on 23rd st? I should have hopped on over there!
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Sure'nuff Riz. Next time let's do it! Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

xrudyreelx
View Profile
New user
south jersey
54 Posts

Profile of xrudyreelx
Try using a pk ring as well theres a really good coin through glass table you could do.
TC Ryder
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
494 Posts

Profile of TC Ryder
MB is the MAN!!! We had a blast on 23rd street. On the way back to Times Square MB was blowing people away right on the Subway. I wish I had a video cam with me.

XRudy

I have thought about the PK Ring and coins thru glass. I think I have some ideas for that. Thanks for reminding me.

TC
www.realcoinmagic.com

Zaprig1
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Zaprig1
TC and Riz,

As per requested, I just sent you emails with the file of my complete handling. Let me know whatchya think. I hope you can use it to fry some skulls! Smile

Thanks,
Christian
Jake Murphree
View Profile
Regular user
Beyond the Psychomanteum
138 Posts

Profile of Jake Murphree
I love my magnetic halves. I'm currently working on developing some routines with them. I'm playing with the idea of using it with an okito box, some drinking glass penetrations and matrix routines with shimmed cards.

Coins through table with a PK ring works great - I use an ungaffed coin on top of the table and do a silent pickup with "tack putty". Works great.

I've heard about some stuff called PK putty (shimmed putty)- ohhhh the possibilities.

The halves also work great as a PK coin for my M5. I can strap the M5 to my knee and ,while seated at a table, have a spectator hold the coin on the palm of his hand. With a slight raise of my knee under the table the coin FLIPS! There is some powerful mentalism potential with these things.

Jake
TC Ryder
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
494 Posts

Profile of TC Ryder
I was at Dean's shop on Friday and was telling him about the Magnetic halves and low and behold he pulled the same set out he had gotten at a convention. I showed him my handling of the coins. We had some fun with them and I bet by the time I come back to LA Dean will have thought up some great routine to do with it. He is one of the most creative minds in magic I have ever met.

TC
www.realcoinmagic.com

Jake Murphree
View Profile
Regular user
Beyond the Psychomanteum
138 Posts

Profile of Jake Murphree
That's awesome. I'd love to see what Dean comes up with. From what I've seen - He's a sharp guy.

I have about 5 or so really good ideas that I want to mess around with. I'll run them by you guys once I organize the basics.
PAUL K
View Profile
Special user
Massachusetts
547 Posts

Profile of PAUL K
The Matrix could be peformed with it using a card with M---l in it.It makes it
easier to do the pickup move.

There are some tricks in Modern Coin Magic using it.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
TC showed me what he could do with these coins in NYC, very nifty set...Just water with a little creativity and Shazzam! Smile

Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Off Topic

Convert your expanded shell-n-coin into a shimmed/ magnetic coin.

How Smile Click on the spinning coin ----> Smile

Enjoy! Smile Smile

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Magnetic Half Dollars (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL