The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Box and Key (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Gears
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Gears
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone knows where I could get a box and key combo where the key loads the b**l*t into the box when you unlock it. If anyone could give me a source for obtaining one of these I would be a very happy camper. Thanks.
Chester Sass
View Profile
Loyal user
Check out my book 120% CHESTOSTERONE
246 Posts

Profile of Chester Sass
Hello Gears,

take a look at this: http://www.owenmagic.com/Spirit___Mental......tal.html
I think that is what you are looking for.
Author of "120% Chestosterone"
NOW AVAILABLE FROM YOUR DEALER OF TRUST!

Chester
Gears
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Gears
Thanks for responding so quickly.
You new book sounds very interesting I think I'm going to grab me a copy.
David Alexander
View Profile
Special user
623 Posts

Profile of David Alexander
A nice Loyd-made model will run you several thousand dollars. Prediction chests aren't cheap.
Dick Christian
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Virginia (Metro DC)
2620 Posts

Profile of Dick Christian
Just my $0.02 but the weakness of any of the prediction chests with are loaded via the key (and there are several models) is that you end up with a tiny pellet of a billet inside a (comparatively) oversize chest. Unfortunately I only know of two types that allow one to load a full 8 1/2" x 11" (albeit folded) sheet of paper, namely: the Pomeroy "Strongbox" and the Mason Prediction Chest. Both of which are exceedingly hard to find (I believe that only 8 of the Pomeroy models were ever made and all but two of them, one of which is mine, are now in David Copperfield's collection) that and if you can find one it will probably cost as much as the Lloyd or Thayer models.
Dick Christian
Mr. Mindbender
View Profile
Inner circle
1439 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mindbender
Dick, your post about using a big chest to hold a tiny billet reminds me of when I saw magician on the original David Letterman show. He asked Dave to hold onto a Dove Tray as the magi attacked an inflated balloon. Letterman had that smart-a$$ grin on his face as he said "Wow, it's a good thing you have this big, heavy tray to hold that light little balloon!"

Made me laugh.
David Alexander
View Profile
Special user
623 Posts

Profile of David Alexander
I agree with Dick's observations about the problem with the Prediction Chest. There are several ways to go about doing predictions that use relatively ordinary objects like envelopes.

If you want to go cheaper and still use the chest idea buy a nice Nest of Boxes. There are several models that do not require assistants.
kambiz
View Profile
Inner circle
Perth, down by the cool of the pool
1129 Posts

Profile of kambiz
Look up Psychic Epiphanies by Jon Riggs, there's a great prediction chest idea on that DVD that allows for a large billet to have the prediction written on

Kam
If I speak forth, many a mind will shatter,
And if I write, many a pen will break.
.....and when I consider my own self, lo, I find it coarser than clay!
Chester Sass
View Profile
Loyal user
Check out my book 120% CHESTOSTERONE
246 Posts

Profile of Chester Sass
@Gears: You're welcome and I hope you'll enjoy my book.
Author of "120% Chestosterone"
NOW AVAILABLE FROM YOUR DEALER OF TRUST!

Chester
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Box and Key (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL