The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Most visual C/S transpo? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
1665 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Looking for a very visual c/s transpo
I will not buy Digital Dissolve, but looking for something along those lines...thanks all, for any suggestions
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26976 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
How about the full Slippery Sam Combination Coin set? Two coins shown both sides, one in each hand, balanced on the thumb of each hand change places in and instant. Or there's his transpo using a card where you put a coin in a volunteers and the other on the back of their fist, and tap with a card to make the magic happen. There's another handling where you tap with a pencil.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
1665 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Hi, Jonathan, thanks for the reply...
I'm looking for an effect as I described, by someone else (anyone else, really)
Not interested in his effects, though I do have the original Lethal Tender
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
1943 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8443 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Well, if you don't mind not using trick coins, you might look into my MB Transpo. It's pretty cool and extremely visual as the specs "see" the coin actually change right out front. It's a great value as you also get 4 other wonderful effects with it, all part of my Short Pockets download at

http://www.vinnymarini.com/download/shortpockets.html

When I do a copper/silver transposition (and I know many), this is the only one I do because it's so visual and you do it with the hands up and not shown down like most c/s effects. Plus it can be routined out even further with just 2 regular coins, even greater amazing results and can be completely examined. Smile
*Check out my latest: MBs Morgan w/ BONUS: Destiny, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at www.VinnyMarini.com Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
1665 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Geez, both of these look fantastic! ha, "who needs gaffed coins?" is right!

Now, for Samoya and Short Pockets, what individual regular coins are required?
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
Greenwich (CT)
6799 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
I've seen a lot of C/S transpo, I can't remember of any single one as visual as Marion Boykin's MB Transpo
Magic is the art of proving impossible things in parallel dimensions that can't be reached
tedski
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
786 Posts

Profile of tedski
Samoya requires gaffs
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8443 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Thanks Mr. O, coming from you that's a real compliment and then some. Smile

And d-horn, my MB Transpo can be done with a regular half dollar and a copper English Penny and or a dollar-sized copper coin and a Silver Dollar. Spice it up a bit by mixing a dollar-size coin with a half dollar-size coin as the size differential can add to the overall magic of it all. Pick your poison. Smile

And incidentally, I really like Samoya as well. Very nicely done Rob.

Oh and thanks for the kind words on my work. Smile
*Check out my latest: MBs Morgan w/ BONUS: Destiny, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at www.VinnyMarini.com Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
1665 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Yah, MB and Rob,
Both are really amazing, I may have to get both! Darn you, lol
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
1665 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
So, does Samoya require me to buy gaffs, or included?
PM me if that's more appropriate?
Wow, MB, great stuff on the site!
ralphs007
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of ralphs007
Quote:
On 2010-06-13 21:42, dooblehorn wrote:
Looking for a very visual c/s transpo
I will not buy Digital Dissolve, but looking for something along those lines...thanks all, for any suggestions

Hi dooblehorn
I'm curious as to why you won't buy digital dissolve. Is it you don't like the effect or you just rather not use a gimmick?
thanks
Ralph
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him".
James D. Miles
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
1665 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
I actually love gaff coins, and I love Digital Dissolve...almost recently bought Digital Dissolve until...well, I better just shut my mouth now
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
8511 Posts

Profile of funsway
I do an effect in which the spectator holds a copper and a silver coin and hands you one. I toss it back and forth like a "hot potato" and it changes everytime it lands in the other hand, e.g. silver in the left and copper in the right. At the end you drop the coin on the table to "cool down" and let the spectator retrieve it. Originally I used a silver and black washer instead (no gaffs).
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

ShareBooks at www.eversway.com * questions at funsway@eversway.com
allen_m
View Profile
Veteran user
Alpine, TX
349 Posts

Profile of allen_m
Quote:
On 2010-06-16 00:25, dooblehorn wrote:
So, does Samoya require me to buy gaffs, or included?
PM me if that's more appropriate?
Wow, MB, great stuff on the site!

Samoya (or the similar Klause routine Sol et Lune)requires a specific sun / moon set. The sun / moon set in a Johnson Hopping Halves for example will not suffice. PM me for details...
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26976 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Been thinking about this for a few days.
Curtis Kam has an item in Apocalypse, titled Inferential Copper Silver Transpo where you put coins in volunteer's hands and make them change places. This is done starting with a handful of change and you can use a dime and a penny as silver and copper marker coins respectively. This permits a larger framed presentation of the trick and two volunteers as written. You get a third volunteer to swap the marker coins on the volunteers hands to effect the magic. The method as written, if you add one more larger coin to your initial handful permits you to table two coins under covers and have all four coins change places on command. Seems about as large a visual display for the trick as one might wish for - so I'd recommend the item in this category.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
polygonsmagic
View Profile
Special user
514 Posts

Profile of polygonsmagic
Too bad you had a bad experience with DD..or whatever, it is truly the most visual change out there. Bueno's handling of this effect is really superior.
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
Greenwich (CT)
6799 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Samoya does require some gaffed coins

Some of the moves in Samoya have been very intelligently borrowed from other routines like Roger Klause's Sol and Moon (as indicated). Dai Vernon also borrowed moves to build his Cups and Balls. Thus let's admire Rob's work and buy his video.

It's a beautifully designed routine aiming, as can be seen, to a very clean and very convincing magic. What makes it, is not so much the quality of his coins it's the magician and the misdirection built in the routine.

Congratulations to Rob and congratulations to Todd Lassen for making his coins
Magic is the art of proving impossible things in parallel dimensions that can't be reached
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
1665 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Quote:
On 2010-06-15 21:46, Mb217 wrote:
Thanks Mr. O, coming from you that's a real compliment and then some. Smile

And d-horn, my MB Transpo can be done with a regular half dollar and a copper English Penny and or a dollar-sized copper coin and a Silver Dollar. Spice it up a bit by mixing a dollar-size coin with a half dollar-size coin as the size differential can add to the overall magic of it all. Pick your poison. Smile

And incidentally, I really like Samoya as well. Very nicely done Rob.

Oh and thanks for the kind words on my work. Smile

Well, I'll have to wait on Samoya, cannot afford the Lassen TWIAD coins at this time, and never heard anything back regarding their availability, which makes me think they are not available currently?
Anyway, MB, I just bought your Short Pockets routine...very nice, you're smooth!! hahah
Seriously, a great set of stuff for the price, really nicely done!
I will highly recommend Short Pockets to anyone who will listen, LOL
And I like the fact that almost everything is just plain 'ole ungaffed coins!
TC Ryder
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
486 Posts

Profile of TC Ryder
MB is amazing. His copper silver routine is a work of art. I saw it in person last week and was stunned. He showed it to a guy on the streets he was bewildered.

TC
www.realcoinmagic.com

"Real Coins for Real Magicians"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Most visual C/S transpo? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL