The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Most visual C/S transpo? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8438 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Glad you like it d-horn, you'll have a lot of fun with Short Pockets. Smile Thanks for checking it out and for the kind words here. One of my favorites there is KrazyKoinZ Across. Just did this for my man TC the other day... Smile

And speaking of the Top Cat, TC my friend, it was a blast. Always good hanging with you and thanks so much. Smile
*Check out my latest: MBs Morgan w/ BONUS: Destiny, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at www.VinnyMarini.com Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
1658 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Yah, MB, almost forgot, appreciated to have the great vids with the routine, it really helps a lot as reference
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8438 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Thanks, I try to make it complete for you. Smile There's a lot of good stuff in there and a nice little C/S routine in there I remember called C/S Surprise! Smile
*Check out my latest: MBs Morgan w/ BONUS: Destiny, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at www.VinnyMarini.com Smile

funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
8511 Posts

Profile of funsway
Hey, Mb -- don't forget "Copper Hopper" -- there are some neat moves that I now use in other effects, but that works great -- especially as a follow-up if some have seen you do a C/S Trnaspo before.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

ShareBooks at www.eversway.com * questions at funsway@eversway.com
PAUL K
View Profile
Special user
Massachusetts
547 Posts

Profile of PAUL K
Doobleharn,

There are many Coin Gaffs for this and other ways to do the C/S Transpo.Hear are
some ways.

Modern Coin Magic Book
Johnson Products
TKO
Blackout
Using a TT

Paul
Hare
View Profile
Veteran user
316 Posts

Profile of Hare
Beautiful work MB.
"Better described in The Amateur Magician's Handbook"
xrudyreelx
View Profile
New user
south jersey
54 Posts

Profile of xrudyreelx
I cant believe the for $40 you don't event get the gaffs. What a joke.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8438 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Thanks Hare, glad you like the work. Smile Hey my new JumpMandu is another one of my copper/silver routines that is also quite visual. Hope to put that all together soon for everybody. A little effect that's a lot of fun. Smile

xrx, didn't realize that the coins didn't come with Samoya??? What would the coins cost beyond the purchase of the routine?

And you're right funsway my friend...Smile My Copper-Hopper does have some noteworthy moves in it that really spice up the C/S experience. Thanks for reminding us here. That one BIG move in there is really something else when you get it down good. Smile I use it all the time as well. Smile

dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
1658 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
MB, from what I unnerstand, Samoya requires a reverse Sun & Moon set...not sure who else but Lassen sells that set (he calls it TWIAD), but have unsucessfully attempted to contact him (emails are unanswered, and phone calls get you a hang-up)
Mobius303
View Profile
Inner circle
Lakewood, Ohio
1294 Posts

Profile of Mobius303
He just mentioned on his blog that he made 11 Twiad sets and he also had 4 of the videos left.
Look on Todd's blog to see the price of the coins.
allen_m
View Profile
Veteran user
Alpine, TX
349 Posts

Profile of allen_m
Samoya, (or, Sol et Lune) simply requires a sun / moon set where the shell fits the ungaffed coin of the set...

A Johnson sun/moon shell won't fit over a half dollar and thus won't work.

HTH,

-a

And, yes... A Lassen TWIAD set does work perfectly.
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
1658 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
I just got Samoya and a TWIAD set...I'm at work, so have not had a chance to view Rob's DVD, but, OMG, Lassen's coins are a work of art!!!
I feel like they are almost too pretty to touch with anything but gloved hands, LOL!
EricHenning
View Profile
Loyal user
Laurel, Maryland
218 Posts

Profile of EricHenning
"Digital Dissolve" is identical in method and effect to Steve Dusheck's "Copper-Silver Transposition" which he released in 1963 (and which I have had in my repertoire since I bought it in 1972).

The folks at Theory 11 apparently had not done their homework (or had not talked to any magician over the age of 50), and thought it was an original trick. They heard from Steve, and now have a card acknowledging Steve's original creation tipped in the DVD box. But, as far as I know, they have not changed anything on the DVD itself, which is a shame. This is why crediting and research is so important.

Anyway, as far as I know, Steve's trick is out of print, and there is no reason now why anyone can't buy "Digital Dissolve" with a clear conscience. I bought it as a backup set and like the gaff very much. There is an excellent update on the handling which workers will find valuable.

Hope this helps,
Eric
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Most visual C/S transpo? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL