The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » ANYTHING FLOATS (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..23~24~25~26~27 [Next]
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Um, what does that have to do with anything?
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
What is he testing?
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I don't know, but it was weird.
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Anything Floats certainly does what it is suppposed to do: float things. However, my main problem and difficulty with this is getting into ready position especially for the Free Style floating mode. I cannot imagine being able to get into ready mode in a parlour situation with people watching. For stage I do not see this as a problem but I do see it as a major problem in parlour settings.

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Maybe Peter will offer some advice that will help you overcome.
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
Okay, I'm finally going to have a chance to play with this---tonight. I've had it, but it's been sitting in its package because of my summer travel. Finally...FINALLY, I get to open the present tonight, and float!!!!!!!!!

Regards,
Mike
Mind_Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
The Sunshine State USA
1252 Posts

Profile of Mind_Magic
I have pre-order Anything Floats since I know about the effect and I was one of the lucky guys who received the first run.

I have been playing with it with different set-up and the result is amazing, It´s so visual.

The method is devil simple, easy set-up and you finish clean at the end.

Actually I was able to vanish some items after make them float! (with the same gimmick)

Definitely, this is something I´m going to use in my shows (black Parlor and Stage).
The Great Stephan 4u2c
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of The Great Stephan 4u2c
Hello fellow Magicians and enthusiast alike.
Just thought I would give a quick review of Anything Floats .

I have been playing with Anything Floats all weekend and here is my professional opinion.

When you open the Package you receive 3 items booklet,cd for computer and the system that makes it all possible.

The booklet shows you 3 diferent set ups for the system very well written and easy to understand and I read it front cover to cover than watched the cd as requested by Peter.The booklet is real informative.

Secondly the cd it is not first rate quality just as Peter stated to keep down the cost of the product but he does a real good job explaning the hook ups but spends most of his time showing the free style method which is what most of his effect people viewed were done by.

Now for the the system it sell very simple in concept it combines previous methods known to magician and combines them into one incredible floating system.

Set up 1 : very practicle very easy to learn and use.Angles are best with this setup and is best used for close up magic.I fried 10 people today alone with this set up.

Set up 2:not very practicle I will probably never use this set up.I did not lioke it at all

Set up 3: Free Style Method by far the best set up of all. Most of the effect are done with this set up.Very versatile ,easy to use and lots of fun to practice.

The downfall to this is the static effect is the get ready I think it will be very difficult to do this in a parlor setting with looking suspicious.It is not as easy as Peter Makes it look ,I tried all kinds of different way to for the get ready and it is not easy to do it naturally.On stage would be much easier and you could easily have it preset with no problem.would really appreciate any tips anybody may have.I must say when it is set it works amazing I love it.

Also I think the detch does not work as easily as described. it is strong and in most instances does not slide like Peter says and if not done correctly is will make noise. any extra hint not already givin would be welcomed.

All in all I think this is the best levitation system on the market today and I have lots of them.It's a mini miricale in your hand .Worth every penny!!!!!
Great job Peter!!!!!

ps Sorry room I am new to the Café but definatly not new to Magic I have been a professional for 20 years . I wrote a review yesterday and my computer froze and I lost it all . that's why I did the test to see if it was working so sorry .

I hope this review helps anyone who may be on the fence don't hesitate buy one .Wait on second thought do not buy one the less people performing this amazing effect the better.
The Great Stephan
Keeping the Magic Alive!!!
Turning ordinary occasions into extrodinary events!!!
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Welcome to the Café! Yeah, we wondered about that test!

Anyway, that was a great review. Thanks!
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Dittos with Daffy, great review sir.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I think he's off to a good start here. I stopped doing reviews a long time ago, but I always enjoy reading a good, well thought out one, as that most definitely was.
The Great Stephan 4u2c
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of The Great Stephan 4u2c
Thanks DaffyDoug and Decomposed for your kind words ,much appreciated.

Just a thought I was thinking of purchasing another one so I could be ready with both set up 1 and free style set up simultaneously .So I would be ready for most situations with out changing set ups .those of you who own this know what I mean.
Keeping the Magic Alive!!!
Turning ordinary occasions into extrodinary events!!!
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
You have inspired me! I might even do more reviews myself again in the near future!
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
More, more, more Daffy!
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1353 Posts

Profile of mike storz
Anything floats meets my criteria for a dependable/reliable system. Yes it's angle sensitive but many great tricks are. If you spend just a few moments on this you can truly create some nice floating illussions. The greatest thing about this is you end completely clean and it's repeatable just like using IT. The only difference is Anything Floats will not break on you.

I used to be one of those guys that got so excited about buying a trick and then when I learned the secret I was so dissapointed. I remember saying to myself how can this fool anybody (even after I was fooled by it)? Well, I learned that magic is more then what comes in a box. It requires confidence and good entertainment. Peter provided us with a utility device that requires you to make it magical.

Peter- great job on this. Levitations like these always have their drawbacks and this one is up there with the best of them. I truly like it.

Mike Smile
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
Thanks for all the comments and support, I'm glad you are having a lot of fun with AF!

Just to address the couple of questions in regards to the get ready:

For just Free Style, it's no different to get ready than a lot of other effects, and you'll know what I'm talking about for those that own it. However with that being said, a tip that works for me not mentioned in the instructions is to place the "tip" into the front pocket, for easy access when ready. However I think the concerns were more for the static floatation get ready. Another way to do this and an easier way is to get the gimmick in the thumb position, take the borrowed object, and with both hands examine it below your waist(you can comment on the object, or include some patter about defying the laws of gravity etc.) bing your arm down far enough for the get ready, the system will be covered by the forearm. Now do the deed and bring your arm(s) and the object into position, and you are ready to go. It's very natural, and can be done in plain sight. Give it a try.

P.
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
nowyoucme
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of nowyoucme
I just now hit pay it now. The great reviews on here made up my mind for me. Thanks guys. Petter, if I just ordered it today will I be get one of the 2nd runs? I cant wait now.
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
Peter: Everything you mentioned I have learned & noticed much of it myself thru hours and hours of practice. It takes time well-spent with some effects to understand there value, and AF is no exception.
ralphs007
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of ralphs007
Peter fooled all of us with this effect! Why? Because he put the time into it, to make it look as good as it does. I'm sure it took him more than two days of practice to get this effect down.

I buy a lot of things at Amazon.com because I can read reviews of the product before I buy it. There's always a couple of bad review's for a product but I ignore them and go with the majority of good review's . I figure 100 good reviews and a couple of bad reviews is a good indicator that the product is worth buying. The reason being, 100 people praising a product can't be wrong. As far as the bad reviews go, some people are never happy, even if you hang them with a brand new rope!
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him".
James D. Miles
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Peter,

Thank you very much for taking the time to explain to me how to get into the "ready" position for the free style float. Your tips were very helpful. Now to practice...

Thank you again.

Best wishes to you and your family,

Michael Siegel
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » ANYTHING FLOATS (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..23~24~25~26~27 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL