The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Where can I buy a good fake tongue? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
poolos
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of poolos
Is there any health risk in using an animal tounge? can you rinse them in anything?
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
The health risks for a real tongue are the same as any other meat.
Slim
sanscan@tds.net

"I will never bitter be, as long as I can laugh at me!"

"The people who were dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
Daniel Santos
View Profile
Special user
562 Posts

Profile of Daniel Santos
Mr. Robbins:

That, I believe, would be Lovell's Pen Through Tongue ($10).
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
1955 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
I have friend with pierced tounge. I often bring him to my show.
I use my needle ffrom my Needle Thru Arm, to pierce his tounge, the blood flow out, very eery...and shock efect. can you imagine that. I love this trick.
If you really pierce your tongue the blood will not comes out. With blood effect the trick is more shocking. ;o)
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Lovell`s Pen Through,,,,,,it takes a true Brit to sell plastic tongue`s in the US !!
Anyone interested in a few Crop Circles I have for sale.
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
Okay... now I have found myself on the lookout for a fake tongue. I have no stomach for using a real tongue, no matter what animal it has come from. Is there not a place somewhere on this vast internet to order one? My searches have come up empty. Which is surprising to me.

So if anyone out there has a secret source for scoring some seriously rubber tongues, help a brother out!

Thanks
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
hypnoman1
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of hypnoman1
Amazing jophnathan might have a tongue. I know that he makes them himself
For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not believe, no explanation will suffice.
Joseph Dunninger
nornb
View Profile
Regular user
119 Posts

Profile of nornb
27th July 2005
If you live in the UK the "BEANO" Summer Special childrens comic comes with a fake tougue as a free gift. Just under 2 pounds from ASDA Supermarkets.
Realistic and tacky to touch - good for throwing at glass windows and watching it twist down the glass.
(Try to avoid the tackiness holding on to your finger that fraction too long so that instead of hitting the window it goes into a young girl's exremely long and beautiful hair! ..... I was NOT sued.)

PLUS you get a magazine with "Dennis the Menace", "The Bash Street Kids", "Billy Wizz", "Roger the Dodger" and "Minnie the Minx" - But it is not as good as it used to be!!

AND you get a free jokebook the bulk of which will become new cutting edge material for my show.
SteeleFusion
View Profile
Regular user
Glasgow, Scotland
106 Posts

Profile of SteeleFusion
Mayne also suggests bubblegum as a tongue alternative.

Not tried it thou
Craig Steele : MindFusion

www.Craig-Steele.co.uk
constantine
View Profile
Regular user
Memphi, on the Mighty Muddy
189 Posts

Profile of constantine
Amazing Johnathan has or had a great tounue in the magic set he sells at his shows.
Constatine 49%er
“The way of the transgressor is hard—to quit.”
—Jefferson Randolph “Soapy” Smith
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
Quote:
On 2005-08-02 19:53, constantine wrote:
Amazing Johnathan has or had a great tounue in the magic set he sells at his shows.

Do you know if he sells this set online or perhaps of a way to get in touch with him in order to order just the tongue from him?

Hmmm... found this....
http://amazingj.com/store.html

Sent him an e-mail about just the tongue.
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
TAIT
View Profile
Regular user
uk
142 Posts

Profile of TAIT
(If you really pierce your tongue the blood will not comes out. With blood effect the trick is more shocking)
I add staple my tongue for real and I thought I will let you no that your tongue does bleed a lot and I have worked out how to nail your tongue to wood for
real.
James Houston
View Profile
Regular user
156 Posts

Profile of James Houston
I have my tongue & septum pierced, and both stretched. The tongue is easy to stretch - the septum is a different story.
Usually to end my blockhead routine (as mine is pretty weak, my nose is built funny) the nail is hammered through my septum, through my tongue and into the wood.
Even those people who know I've got it pierced are still tremendously freaked out by this.
Letting the piece of wood hang, attached to your head by a steel nail is gold.

Oh, and a blood capsule or two won't go a miss.

-James
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1830 Posts

Profile of wally
Iam trying to find the gimmick tongue were you pull your tongue to about 2ft long then let go.
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
I know of a couple of folks who do something like this, but I wasn't aware that it was on the market.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2582 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
Check out the movie "Dumb and Dumber". You could gaff a tongue by making a plaster mold of a sheeps tongue, then making a latex or silicone casting of it. When making the casting, insert a smaller tongue shaped piece into the liquid latex / silicone for your tongue to fit into. Test out some materials beforehand to see what stretches the best and what has the best elasticity (the ability to go back to normal).
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
Danny Borneo
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of Danny Borneo
There's a guy selling one of the Simon Lovell "Pen Through Tounge" gimmicks on the genii forum for $5 (I'm in no way affiliated with him.....as a matter of fact I'm kinda mad at him for selling the copy of "Wise Guy" he had so quickly). Anyways, here's a link http://geniimagazine.com/forum/cgi-bin/u......t=008460
Sabrina
View Profile
New user
Dallas, Texas
99 Posts

Profile of Sabrina
I've found tongues even at dollar stores usually in the toy section which are stretchy as you would like. Look for the ones that "crawl" down a surface after being thrown against it....very very stretchy.

Both effects (Pen through Tongue and stretchy tongue--my own idea at the time) are effective and gross out material for those special audiences.

Simon Lovell's Worlds Strongest Tongue routine (included with PTT gimmicks still I believe). It is a surprising comedy effect that totally reveals the gimmick.
Roland78
View Profile
Special user
Torino, Italy
567 Posts

Profile of Roland78
How can you talk with a fake tongue in your mouth as big as a sheep one, without giving away that you have the mouth filled?
Do you talk to your audience saying: "ANF NOHFF I'LL FFFHOHW UH AN INCREHDIFLE FRICH WIFF FIF NHAILHH" ?

Dave
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1725 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
Sabrina-
That is the exact tongue I use...From Dollar Tree I think is the dollar store. To some degree it is self healing. I own three of them, but am still using the first one I bought two years ago. It has literally lasted through hundreds of shows and still looks good. It is very squishy, like a real tongue. I wouldn't use anything else.
As far as talking with it in the mouth...Can't do it. I start off that part of the act in silence.
Plus...That builds tension.
Gwyd
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Where can I buy a good fake tongue? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL